Goodbye Jesus

Well Her Work Is Finally All Done

truth

I also had a mother who could be very opinionated and and sometimes very controling. My family situation wasn't the best, so more often than not, I would just keep quiet. Toward the end of her life though it got worse and I found myself really having a difficult time keeping quiet and being patient. It caused a lot of problems and I regret not sitting down with her earlier and telling her exactly how I felt and setting guidelines.

If things are getting to the point that you can't stand it any longer or it is really getting on your nerves I think you need to sit down with her and talk to her but don't do it right after she has made one of her comments, do it when you are both in a better frame of mind.

What to ignore and when to ignore is a difficult thing to determine. I used to ignore everything because I didn't want confrontation therefore allowing myself to be walked on, hurt and used. I no longer do that but I do pick my battles and then only after I have let time pass and been able to think if in the grand scheme of things does it really matter. People I know now have a hard time dealing with it, in fact some people that I used to be close friends with I am no longer, as I realized that if they can talk about other people behind their backs they could be doing the same to me and in fact I did find out they were doing the same to me. I only see them occasionally now but of course I am the one with the problem not them. Huh?

Anyway, good luck on your tribute, I hope it goes well. Try to ignore all the garbage and just think about how great your grandma was and how lucky you were to have had her in your life.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Thanks... Well I made it through the service.. I had to edit the tribute this morning it was just too long.. and the lady reading it edited it a bit.. which was fine.

It was actually a nice service if you ignore all the preaching and boy was there a heck of a lot of it..it was actually kind of nice... it gave my mind a bit of a rest of what was going on.. and I just stared off and concentrated on the flowers or something.But boy oh boy did the peach salvation.... trying to get to those unsaved ones.

Singing the hymns was actually the hardest... And the recieving line.. I was fine but well I am not much of a social extrovert.. and hate having to talk to lots of people and try to make small talk in the best of times. It was nice to see that so many people came.

I was up till 230 working on the photo collague poster boards which everyone loved. I think it meant a lot to my aunt and dad to have the photographs there. It was a joy for me to be able to put them togehter.. in a funny way I kind of felt a little bit closer to her.

Am going to go have a bit of a sleep now.. I am so tired.

Am going to go have a bit of a sleep now.. I am so tired.

Oh Truth, I think you deserve some rest.

Truth,

Glad you were able to get through the day. I'm not much of an extrovert so I'm not sure I would have been able to stand before everyone and given a tribute.

If you don't have the posters that you made, you might want to see if you can get some pictures of them to save for yourself if you haven't already. You might appreciate having some pictures to look at in the future.

It seems to me that preachers will preach as hard as they can and as much as they can during a memorial or funeral service, they have a captive audience and an audience that may or may not believe what they do. It's a great opportunity to lead people into the fold. Even when I was a christian though I would ignore them if they were not of my denomination.

You've had an exhausting couple of weeks, physically and emotionally and really need to take care of yourself.

Rest, rest and rest and take care of you.