Goodbye Jesus

Ark of the Covenant has been found!

MrSpooky

Good one Kryten,

Science Fiction, Cruci-Fiction

The ark is in Ethiopia anyway. So it can't be the real ark.

Ron Wyatt is such a moron - a proven con artist and a BAD one at that.

I'm with Eccles - I hope they do find it because it would be fascinating to examine. Among other things, I think most people would be astounded to see just how pagan it is (judging by the description in the Bible, the thing was pagan as all hell, and I wouldn't be surprised if that description was prettied up a bit and the "Seraphim" were, for example, very Egyptian- or Assyrian-looking sphynxes.

-Lokmer

I'm with Eccles - I hope they do find it because it would be fascinating to examine.  Among other things, I think most people would be astounded to see just how pagan it is (judging by the description in the Bible, the thing was pagan as all hell...

Not to mention gaudy!!! The description in the OT makes TBN's sets look like a collection of mere trinkets. :Wendywhatever:

I agree with you and Eccles that it would be a fascinating find.

The ark is in Ethiopia anyway. So it can't be the real ark.

Actually, last I heard that site in Africa was a decoy, and the REAL ark is in Scotland, being guarded by (I think) the Knights Templar in a mini-replica of Solomon's temple.

No one has been able to explain why it can't be found unless God Himself hid it. (Sorry- been reading too much apologetic crap.)

BTW, I think the ark contains the ACTUAL throne of god, not just a replica. God lived there until he moved on up to the east-side... to the dee-lux apartment, in the sky...

P.S. Thanks, Han!

Not to mention gaudy!!! The description in the OT makes TBN's sets look like a collection of mere trinkets.

No kidding!!!

-Lokmer

BTW, I think the ark contains the ACTUAL throne of god, not just a replica.  God lived there until he moved on up to the east-side... to the dee-lux apartment, in the sky...

:HaHa: Right.

Perhaps he used it to power his wide screen and so that his son could play video games?

I just have to add, I find all the speculation about the ark such fun and rather fascinating at the same time. I used to really love, and still do, psydeo-science and fringe archealogy, and actually had a subscription to Atlantis Rising too! Still read Ancient American - its a bit more academic.

Actually, last I heard that site in Africa was a decoy, and the REAL ark is in Scotland, being guarded by (I think) the Knights Templar in a mini-replica of Solomon's temple. 

No one has been able to explain why it can't be found unless God Himself hid it.  (Sorry- been reading too much apologetic crap.

It would be interesting if the one in Etheopiea was the real one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was melted down by whoever had it last and used to make some sort of ornamentation for the country that captured it. For the life of me I can't remember who the last kingdom to grab it was, though.

-Lokmer

BTW, I think the ark contains the ACTUAL throne of god, not just a replica. 

Wasn't that the original Blue-Light Special™?

An AWESOME Photo !!!

:HaHa: What is it with Christians an the word "awesome"?!

Reminds me of the dinosaur expidition page from Objective Christian Ministries, where they were supposedly tracking down some lost African dinosaur (the same mentioned in one of Hovind's seminar). At the end of the article was this extremely blurry, incomprehensible picture with the caption, "Photographic proof at last!!!!"

:lmao:

:Wendywhatever:   :loser:   :Wendywhatever:

If something looks, reads, and smells like bullshit, what do we call it, class?  :dumbo:

Christian class: "Ummmm....... awesome?" :grin:

:Doh:

Reach, that was awesome! :twitch:

:lmao:

You'll never get anywhere cornering a Christian on the whole species thing. They use the term "kind" and a means of whittling down the number of animals. So instead of having one of each species of cats, you'd need only one cat "kind". It's really an annoying cop-out, but they'll stick to it to the end.

I prefer to ask interesting questions, such as "what did they do with the waste?" and "how the hell did they feed these animals?". Those will get much funnier responses from Christians that are easier to pick apart. Hovind, for example, has locked himself into an absurd scenario of a boat full of baby animals who are all hybernating.

Uhhhh... I don't think so! :grin:

post-193-1118238692_thumb.jpg

I want to know why there is a guy sitting and then the back of a head over his lap.  What the heck is that supposed to be?

Madame, you know as well as everyone else here that that picture is a depiction of a Holy Head-job. :HaHa:

Yea, but I didn't want to be the one to say it.  Blasphemer!! :HaHa:

You tricked me into doing that! :Doh:

Deceiver! :HaHa:

You'll never get anywhere cornering a Christian on the whole species thing.  They use the term "kind" and a means of whittling down the number of animals.  So instead of having one of each species of cats, you'd need only one cat "kind".  It's really an annoying cop-out, but they'll stick to it to the end.

I prefer to ask interesting questions, such as "what did they do with the waste?" and "how the hell did they feed these animals?".  Those will get much funnier responses from Christians that are easier to pick apart.  Hovind, for example, has locked himself into an absurd scenario of a boat full of baby animals who are all hybernating.

Uhhhh... I don't think so! :grin:

Mr Neil, you are one of the people on this forum I respect the most, whose posts I rarely fail to read, whose knowledge of a variety of topics impresses and sometimes amazes me. But my post was a lame attempt at a joke where I ()intentionally) mistook one ark for another - I wasn't being serious!

Dio -

for what it's worth, it wasn't a lame attempt at a joke. It was - it was - AWESOME!It was one of the best laughs I've had all night.