Goodbye Jesus

Whoa, I'm Shocked!

Guest pseudoscientist

I find it somewhat amusing that people can actually unite under a shared disbelief in Christianity. I identify myself as a Christian, but I have never been religious and only recently developed an interest in religion. And I swear, you ex-Christians here spend a lot more time thinking about Christianity than I've ever had! How ironic. Cheers.

I find it somewhat amusing that a condescending pseudo-Christian would come here and admit that s/he doesn't actually think that much about the belief system s/he supposedly follows.

I also find it somewhat amusing that s/he wouldn't have the slightest inkling why anyone here might have a vested interest in discussing a belief system 1) which dominates the cultures we share, 2) of which all of us here used to be members, some to a deep and devoted degree, 3) which has served as a means of abuse towards many of us, creating a great deal of pain and a need for mutual support, and 4) which continues to regard many of us as dangerous outcasts.

If you couldn't come up with any reasons why this place might exist, then you're either seriously lacking in compassion, or seriously lacking in critical thinking skills. Your condescending attitude suggests the former, and your confession about how little you've thought about your chosen religion suggests the latter.

You fail to realize that one of the main reasons why most of us are *ex*-Xians is because, unlike half-baked wishy-washy believers like yourself, we actually did take a great deal of time to learn and think about our former faith.

We're not here for your amusement. We're here to heal from whatever scars we received when we were part of a toxic, nonsensical, mindfucking religion. We're here to learn about the ways in which it colors and shapes the societies we live in, and how to find our place as ex-believers in cultures still dominated by the faith we are no longer a part of. If you have something worthwhile to add to the process, then by all means, please do so. If you want to start using your head, I will certainly encourage that.

If you're just going to be an arrogant asshat, then don't let the door bang you on your ass on the way out.

Bugger,

Wish I would've seen this earlier. Now you guys have taken all the good retorts! :)

To the OP,

Stick around, read a bit, you may learn something.

At least we know that you joined a religion without thinking about it. I made that mistake once myself a long time ago, and I am still paying for it...a lot of that is what this site is about.

And drop the bravado, kid. At least before I start applying the golden rule to you, as you are showing how you want to be treated.

Did our pretend scientist leave? Or just hanging around to pounce with the next load of nonsense when we think life is getting back to normal? Oh I see this is the rant forum. I am not sure that the OP passes for a rant. Like some respected members here have said, it's nonsense and nothing else.

All people need to develop a community is a common interest. In this aspect, religion and the lack of it is a common interest. Not everybody needs this place, but all of us want to be here and talk with each other about things that we enjoy talking about.

We're all friends here for the most part, so what's your problem?

As I've said, I recently developed an interest in religion.

You recently developed an interest in religion. And you haven't even read the entire bible. And you talk about the trinity like you don't even know what the fuck it is.

And, you're gonna tell us how things are.

post-389-1171076141.jpg

Hey - you wanna have a debate about the Council of Nicenea?

Well, you can tell he's well on his way to becoming a good Xian, Mythra.

He has a keep grasp of hypocrisy and exudes irony with every post.

Heh - the Xian noob who's going to tell us we're wrong, when many of us can claim decades of Xian belief and study.

What a hoot :HaHa:

:lmao: you guys crack me up!

I think slaves were more interested in discussing freedom as opposed to the slavery itself.

I am betting that you have as much first hand knowledge regarding what the slaves talked about as you do concerning the facts of Christianity. :scratch:

pseudoscientist:

Many Christians seem to have a difficult time grasping why non-Christians would even spend a fraction of their time being concerned with Christianity. I've heard every argument in (and out) of the book for how, according to Christians, non-Christians should behave, think ans speak. And you fit into both of the above categories: you cannot understand, and you have multiple reasons for why we should spend our time NOT giving YOU a reason to doubt your religion (which you clearly do).

Now, I'm a little bit different from some of the good folks here. I enjoy logic, reason, rationality and philosophy as much as any of them, but I understand that these are not the tools with which to work on the problem that is Christian belief. There is truly only one thing which breaks the foundations of Christian belief apart, and that, ladies and gentlemen, is nothing other than the Holy Bible.

Here are some very specific verses as to why I, for one, spend so much time being concerned about Christianity:

What the Bible says about Non-Christians

They are without God.

"Whosoever ... abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God." -- 2 John 9

They are all antichrists.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." -- 2 John 7

They should be shunned. Neither marry nor be friends with them.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord." -- 2 Cor.6:14-17

They should be killed.

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Kill them.

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. -- Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Shun them.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord. -- 2 Corinthians 6:14-17

*clears throat* Now, peudo . . if I were a fan of say, the 80's hair metal band Whitesnake (which I am not), and fans of the 80's hair metal band Poison got together and wrote a book in which it was said that all people that were not fans of Poison should be killed, shunned and were evil, I would be more than a little concerned. And that, of course, makes sense.

Why, then, is it so different when it comes to the Bible? Should I NOT be concerned about a book that says I should be killed, without giving any sort of reason for it other than that I disagree with that book?

Why, then, is it so different when it comes to the Bible? Should I NOT be concerned about a book that says I should be killed, without giving any sort of reason for it other than that I disagree with that book?

Very well stated Trancelation, I enjoyed reading your post -- great point.

I'm not surprised that any serious adherent to Xianity would imply that ex-xians and other non-believers should just shut up and go away. Their religion is steeped in the forcible oppression of all opposition, with the source of such an idea found in their own "holy" books.

Naturally, they will think like an oppressor would, even if they don't realize it. I recall having that same mentality myself, back in my Xian daze.

How ironic that those who posit a god of love should behave in such an un-loving fashion :rolleyes:

Hansolo asked:

Very funny you're here then. Is it to discuss ... what really?
Here's what pseudo says on his/her profile:

I'm just trying to make some people aware that they're a lot more idiotic, narrow-minded, and delusional than they think they are. Because it rocks to sit on the fence and consider all possibilities rather than to be so adamant and wrong.

Basically, that's all this person is saying in this thead. He/she wasn't here since some time yesterday. Here's what one of our respected own, namely Piprus, says to pseudo:

That is not irony, pseudo, that's nonsense.

Please tell us what the bloody hell you're talking about...

Hopefully pseudo has read enough on this site to realize that this is strong language coming from Piprus. In other words, pseudo, you picked the right name--you're pseudo, fake, pretend--and your behaviour is outrageous.

Exactly what kind of fence are you sitting on? Fences tend to break down if sitters rock too hard. Your's is beginning to show wear.

Your description of us sounds like something you said into a hollow pipe and it's echoing back to you. It describes you to a T. Esp. the term "idiotic." I can't think of a greater idiot than you are presently making of yourself.

About sitting on the fence and not making up you're mind....It's wise to make up one's mind once in a while. You look like a double-minded person. The Bible condemns such people, you know. The Bible says: How I wish you were either hot or cold. As it is, you are lukewarm and I'm going to spit you out of my mouth.

There goes pseudo. The Lord just spit.

Hey, OP. If you don't like this site, there are millions more out there. That's what Google is for. Try it. :)

Dtroll.jpg

I smell a troll is in here.

*sigh* Definitely a troll. Definitely, definitely a troll. You get used to the same fecal matter being thrown in your yard at some point, though.

I find it somewhat amusing that people can actually unite under a shared disbelief in Christianity. I identify myself as a Christian, but I have never been religious and only recently developed an interest in religion. And I swear, you ex-Christians here spend a lot more time thinking about Christianity than I've ever had! How ironic. Cheers.

Was that a rant? That was a rant.

that post did not go down to well with me. This site happened to be a life saver for me when I went through a very severe breakdown - the fact that other people had been where I'd been was a big help and people can be friends for all sorts of different reasons.

If you don't have anything more constructive to say, then please go and piss off somewhere else.