Goodbye Jesus

Logically We're Already In Hell

Ouroboros

Many Christians claim that Hell is not a place of real torture, but really just a place where the "sinners" are separated from god.

<snip>(I've argued this before, I think with Amanda a board ago.)

Hey Quicksand... just for the record... you and I never debated this issue. IMO, it's impossible to be separated from god, because all things are part of god. So do you just mix me up with everyone else on here, or just the Christians? :ohmy: ---- :(

So what do you get if Jesus go to Hell? Fried Cheese?

Cheezus Loves You! :)

I thought if Jesus went to hell, that would be the hotdog buns... you know, Jesus is the bread. Now who is going to bring the hotdogs? :huh:

Many Christians claim that Hell is not a place of real torture, but really just a place where the "sinners" are separated from god.

Hey Quicksand... just for the record... you and I never debated this issue. IMO, it's impossible to be separated from god, because all things are part of god. So do you just mix me up with everyone else on here, or just the Christians? :ohmy: ---- :(

Not on this particular issue, however, the argument that you and I had were if all things are truely apart of god, then what the heck are we talking about if say that god is everywhere and everything? To me, this mirror's this thread Amanda. If all things are apart of GOd...then what are really talking about? Nature? Is nature really the supernatural? Or is the supernatural really nature?

For me, its hopelessly confusing trading definitions like this. God is either outside of nature, and like the Christin-God is not in hell with you (therefore not heaven) and not omnipotent, which is is a corallory to the discussion you and I a year or more ago. (You were a self-declared fundmentalist at that point, although, I think, thru this board you've revised that understanding or definition of yourself. And I have to admit, your theism is completing confusing to me and you twist a good noun or verb in support of it. Still no objective proof or empirical evidence that is described as naturalistic process from where I sit however. THe word "god" has a particular connotation...if all things are apart of god, you've given up on a supernatural god in my view, Amanda but now fully suport nature, although you dress it up in theism.)

Basically, it's trading on the defintions of each to justify belief in each that I object too.

mat 5:22 "But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

hate to be the bearer of bad news you fool. but you will burn in the everlasting, eternal pits of hell!

LOL, good one freeday. I'm going to assume you are joking because you are too smart to contradict yourself mid-sentence. Sadly some christians make the same statement all the time.

Consider this:

Now, reading one post today, I realized as a "sinner" right now, without Jesus "in my heart" I am already separated from god.

So what would be different in Hell compared to now? Doesn't it mean that I'm already in Hell since I'm without god right now, and Hell would be just the same thing? And to tell you the truth, I'm not suffering and I don't mind this separation one bit in this life, so this fictious Hell won't be an issue.

I never really looked at it that way!!!! I stopped praying and worshipping 2 years now so I guess hell isn't so bad since my life hasn't changed dramatically.

Another definition of hell is to teach 64 fourth graders all day and come home to a third grade boy and a kindergarten girl who fight, scream and make messes till bedtime!!!! Now thats hell!!!!!

Not on this particular issue, however, the argument that you and I had were if all things are truely apart of god, then what the heck are we talking about if say that god is everywhere and everything? To me, this mirror's this thread Amanda. If all things are apart of GOd...then what are really talking about? Nature? Is nature really the supernatural? Or is the supernatural really nature?

For me, its hopelessly confusing trading definitions like this. God is either outside of nature, and like the Christin-God is not in hell with you (therefore not heaven) and not omnipotent, which is is a corallory to the discussion you and I a year or more ago. (You were a self-declared fundmentalist at that point, although, I think, thru this board you've revised that understanding or definition of yourself. And I have to admit, your theism is completing confusing to me and you twist a good noun or verb in support of it. Still no objective proof or empirical evidence that is described as naturalistic process from where I sit however. THe word "god" has a particular connotation...if all things are apart of god, you've given up on a supernatural god in my view, Amanda but now fully suport nature, although you dress it up in theism.)

Basically, it's trading on the defintions of each to justify belief in each that I object too.

Hi ya quick! :D

Just some of my opinions below...

I could say that I am an atheist to the extent of a supernatural God. The word God, IMO, was never meant to have any specific definition assigned to it. It was supposed to bring to mind a mystery that could never be answered. Then people came along and tried to define God and turned "it" into a mental idol because they needed assurance. They had to attempt to answer the unanswerable and screwed up the imagery, hence the definition of God through common usage.

This is why I put under "Any Gods" on this site what I did.

Leaving God to be the mystery that "it" is is a religious attitude that has nothing to do with theism.

Personally, it is a shame that the word has taken on the meaning that the mindless (okay...uninformed) fundies ascribed to it through usage.

Even the myth of the OT has God answering as "I Am that I Am". Huge mystery there. The NT has Jesus saying "before Abraham was I Am." The change of past tense to present tense here indicates that he was saying before Abraham was born, God is and always will be present.

Also in regards to evidence...no one will ever find any because we can only observe the forms, not the essence that the forms reside in. But, we can "know" this "no-thing" is there because we couldn't see the forms without it. Again IMO, God isn't form, but a necessary part of them.

(Sorry for derailing the topic.)

Hell is to be in the midst of fundies! We all know plenty of those.

Hell is to be in the midst of fundies!

Agreed. And jesus is the devil.

Come, and let us worship His Majesty :notworthy::fdevil:

• 5 months later...

The Greek word gehenna is translated hell. Sometimes the Greek word Hades is also translated hell. In the Holy Bible, God prepared hell for Satan and all those who did not obey God during their lifetime on earth. The judgment day will be the last day and that will be the time when the disobedient will be thrown into hell and therefore nobody is in hell yet. We suffer so many hardships here on earth but this is not yet the hell referred to in the Holy Bible. The description of hell is incomparable with the hardships that we suffer here.

The Greek word gehenna is translated hell. Sometimes the Greek word Hades is also translated hell. In the Holy Bible, God prepared hell for Satan and all those who did not obey God during their lifetime on earth. The judgment day will be the last day and that will be the time when the disobedient will be thrown into hell and therefore nobody is in hell yet. We suffer so many hardships here on earth but this is not yet the hell referred to in the Holy Bible. The description of hell is incomparable with the hardships that we suffer here.

Many Christians would disagree with your statement that no one is in hell yet and no one goes there until the judgment day.

What do you mean "the description of hell is incomparable with the hardships that we suffer here." Yeah its incomparable all right. Christians enjoy making it much worse. Glad it doesn't exist.

I've noticed Christians have different views of Hell. Some say Hell is only a separation from God, not a burning furnace. I can tell you got your Hells a bit mixed up as well. But regardless, you haven't answered my question from another thread how a spiritual being can "feel" a physical fire? Do you claim that God is recreating our bodies every five minutes to be burned to crisp? You do know what happens if you step into a fire, don't you? You get consumed by it and after a little while you are just a big lump of coal. So either God is restoring people to full "health" over and over again, so he can enjoy their pain, or the people are just spiritual beings and the fire is not physical, but just a figure of speech.

Since the Greeks had the word Hades, then we should look into how Hades is defined, and what goes into there. And the same for Gehenna, instead of Christians making up their own ideas.

(And btw, if you truly want to impress anyone with your websites.... especially considering that you supposedly "translate" the Greek Bible to English... I recommend you do some spell checks and grammar checks on it. There's a truckload of errors on your site - both of them.)

hate to be the bearer of bad news you fool. but you will burn in the everlasting, eternal pits of hell! its funny in searching the NT for the word hell, it comes up mostly in mathew, which by the way is a jewish author that would have really been brought up fearing hell. wonder if he added that for dramaticism.

Whats so funny about in one breath telling people they are fools and are going to burn in everlasting eternal pits of hell.....then you say 'its funny...' how the heck can you say that in one breath to people, these are people mind you, not some robot at the other end of a machine then in the next sentance start with

'its funny....'

fundamentalism is mental alright , it robs you of any compassion and love you should as christians have

what about this?

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

and before you jump on the 'these are not my brothers bandwagon' you might want to consider

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

sojourner

Im so sorry, I went back and re read what Im responding too and you are actually responding in irony? Is that correct

well just slap me silly, I am so embarrassed, it sounded to me like you were calling folks here fools that were going to fry then laughing

where is the blushing smiley anyways

that kind of talk unhinges me, that is why I dont ever post on fundamentalist forums......I cant handle thinking of my fellow man in those terms without getting rather miffed

In fact just yesterday I was thinking that although I do not believe in a rapture theory I do think it would be very grand if God raptured all fundies from all religions

I seriously think that could work for everyone, they get what they want and the rest of the world gets a much needed break from the insanity of fundamentalism of all religions.

just my thoughts

sojourner

The idea of suffering after death is found among the pagan religious teachings of ancient peoples in Babylon, Egypt and India which predate your Christian rubbish by centuries. Babylonian and Assyrian beliefs depicted the "nether world . . . as a place full of horrors, . . . presided over by gods and demons of great strength and fierceness." Sound familiar?

As for the word "hell." Webster's Third New International Dictionary, unabridged, under "hell" says: from old English; helan to conceal. The word "hell" thus originally conveyed no thought of heat or torment but simply of a 'covered over or concealed place.' In the old English dialect the expression "helling potatoes" meant, not to roast them, but simply to place the potatoes in the ground or in a cellar.

As for the term gehenna, which appears 12 times in the Greek bible, it is from the valley of Hinnom where the disposal of dead bodies was carried out. This was a vile place littered with the remains of burned and chared bodies.

Look it up, here - http://www.heavendwellers.com/hd_origins_o...e_word_hell.htm

And here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Notice how Christianity and their "holy book" is falling apart, the number of faithful believers slowly dwindling under scholarly research and scientific discovery?

One only need to investigate the older religions to see that Christianity is no more than a copy of earlier beliefs from several sources all thrown together in one book. The reason I believe why there are so many inconsistencies

So what do you get if Jesus go to Hell? Fried Cheese?

Cheezus Loves You! :)

That might be why so many white people are christian, cheese goes rather well with crackers...

Lord I apologize! You wit da starvin' piggmies in new guinie amen....

• 1 month later...
Consider this:

Now, reading one post today, I realized as a "sinner" right now, without Jesus "in my heart" I am already separated from god.

So what would be different in Hell compared to now? Doesn't it mean that I'm already in Hell since I'm without god right now, and Hell would be just the same thing? And to tell you the truth, I'm not suffering and I don't mind this separation one bit in this life, so this fictious Hell won't be an issue.

I've often thought the very same thing. In fact, I wonder if hell has Godiva chocolat martinis? And are they free or do I have to have money?

Consider this:

Here comes the party-pooper.

Heaven and hell are just states of consciuosness. If your not suffering then your in heaven. I don't care what the fundamentalists say... :HaHa:

After all, Jesus did say that the Kingdom of Heaven is within. By that logic, hell must be within also.

• 2 years later...