Goodbye Jesus

Gah...why *must* We All Be "social"?

Amethyst

No apology necessary Jubilant!! But thanks anyway!! :wub:

I think sometimes the Introverts feel like they are being pushed and the extroverts feel like they are leaving people out if they don't encourage. If everyone could just find that happy medium, it would be beneficial to all involved.

Extroverts need to listen and accept when people don't want to do something, it's as easy as that.

one only need to look inside the prison walls...there are a ton of extroverts in there.
If you're an introvert, how would you know this? :scratch:

I knew there was something fishy about you. :Hmm:

:HaHa:

I hear you, Amethyst. I'm INTJ also, and I was up for five hours with a friend last night talking about a similar topic.

It all boils down to people minding their own business and not worrying about how everyone else chooses to live. Some people don't understand that, even though they feel very strongly about something, it doesn't give them a right to get in the faces of others and browbeat them into changing their minds and being like them.

Yet said people, generally extroverts from my observation, don't get it because they think they are doing a good thing, as well as don't stop to consider their own position. Lacking much introspectiveness, that eludes them, it would seem.

That applies to everything, be it religious evangelism or what have you. Sadly, many extroverts never get this, and I've had many run-ins with extroverted friends and colleagues over the years over it. They try to get me to do this or that, and be more "outgoing" and whatnot, always failing to realize that they are trying to put a round peg in a square hole.

I does boil down to people minding their own business and not worrying about how others choose to live. I think extraverts because they are more social, will tend to voice their opinions which in turn comes across as being pushy. Not all extraverts are like that though, at least not some of the ones I know. However....

Where I work we have several introverted employees who are in the same unit. I have actually heard their dept. director make derogatory comments about these employees when they refuse to participate in the social activities that the agency does. That infuriates me to no end. These employees are longer term, dedicated employees who do their jobs day in and day out, don't socialize on the state's time (taxpayer money guys) and are the go to people when issues arise and times get tough. They don't want or need the lime light and prefer to come in, do their jobs and go home.

My own boss called me down for not chit chatting and sharing personal information, reason I was given is that she is an extrovert and needs that type of interaction in order to trust. I took it all the way to HR and I won. She was told to back off of her need for the personal information regarding my life and chit chatting. I think they had no choice, could you imagine the headline...State employee terminated for not sharing personal information and not chit chatting while on the job. Hmmm, talk about waste in government.

The dept. director in the first example reports to the same manager that I do. I'm thinking that the dept. directors comments were more of a trickle down from my boss. The same one who needs personal information and chit chatting.

one only need to look inside the prison walls...there are a ton of extroverts in there.
If you're an introvert, how would you know this? :scratch:

I knew there was something fishy about you. :Hmm::HaHa:

<_<

You kill me, lol.