Goodbye Jesus

3 Most Annoying Christian Sects

Ahh!

For me...

1. Jews For Jesus (DAMN YOU DAMN YOU DAMN YOU! I HATE YOU SOOO MUCH I CAN"T EVEN EXPRESS IT LOGICALLY ANYMORE! STOP EXSISTING!)

2. Mormons (Klansmen+ Scientologist= Mormon)

3. Southern Baptists (Hey... in case the Bible isnt fucked up enough on it's own, let's read it with the understanding of someone with a 3rd grade education)

1. Southern Baptist

2. Catholic

3. Born again

1. GARB (General Association of Regular Baptists)

2. Southern Baptists

3. Roman Catholic

(In any order.)

Let's see.

1. I'm gonna go along with Southern Baptists - They are on a trip all their own.

2. Mormons - religion is big business. Really big business. And, what's up with the special underwear?

3. Seventh Day Adventists - they have some of the best wall posters portraying hell.

1) Non-denominational charismatics ("Dude, I'm not into LABELS, man. I'm just in LOVE with JESUS! What, you're not in love with JESUS?! You MUST be going to HELL!" *insert much hand-waving and falling about here*)

2) Evangelical Baptists ("We have the Truth. THE ONLY TRUTH. Hooray!")

3) ... I can't think of anyone else I've been PERSONALLY annoyed by. In terms of media representation I'd have to go with the Southern Baptists, then.

1.) Army of God

2.) Westboro Baptist

3.) ANY of them that come to your door or preach on the street or drop Chick Tracts into your Trick Or Treat bag.

Guest Hippychik

1. Jehovah's Witnesses--it's easy to hate people who knock on your door and bother you (I've never had mormons do it)

2. Catholic--corrupt as hell and weird rituals to a protestant

3. Everybody else :grin:

Only 3? Choices choices.

Probably Catholics, Mormons, and Baptists.

1. JW

2. Morons

3. Cocklicks

(That's the order of annoyance as it appears to me personally over here in Germany. Most pervasive, however, is the cocklicks, due to sheer numbers)

I guess it would have to be as follows:

1.) Charasmatic/reformed/non-denominational

2.) Catholic

3.) JW

Thurisaz, what are Cocklicks? Is that German for Catholics?

I can't think of three "most annoying" sects. I can think of three most annoying characteristics and these can come from any sect so far as I can figure out:

1. want nothing more than to talk about Jesus

2. have no original idea in their head

3. spouting what they learned in church

Anything more pronounced than that, such as judgmentalism, I find outright offensive in the extreme.

Thurisaz, what are Cocklicks? Is that German for Catholics?

No, someone here in the forums used the term for catholics quite some time ago. ;)

German word would be "Katholiken"..

1) Pentecostals

2) Southern Baptist

3) Any would be followers of Christ sect, I believe the dogma to be extreamly dangerous to the human mind.

I've GOT to agree with SarahGrace about her first point:

1. Evangelical Baptists ("Too bad Mother Theresa, Muhatma Ghandi, Pope John Paul II, Confuscious, Buddha, and Adolf Hitler weren't Baptists. They'd be in heaven right now it they were!")

2. Mormons (The epitome of Militant Christianity)

3. Charismatics (They're all just bitter because they didn't make it as the model/actor they had once dreamed of being.)

I have a theory that most of us most deeply despise the religions that we were subjected too most. It's true in my case.

I thought some might appreciate this.

post-2936-1171297331_thumb.jpg

1. Non Denominational ( Yes thats was my former church)- (The were the only ones who knew the truth all other sects were wrong and all hellbound)

2. Westbro Baptist ( It scares me what they do)

3. Mormons (QUIT KNOCKING ON THE DOOR!)

Just thinking of something I am the only one in my family that is not a member of my former church. When I mean member, I mean you have to like go through these classes and shit. :woohoo::woohoo: :woohoo:

Oooooh!

I can't stand:

1) Pentecostals of all types! That means, AoG, CoG, Oneness, Holiness, UPC, et al. - Keep your fucking holy-rolling, people hating, intolerantance, and ignorance, with your screaming in tongues to yourself!

2) Twelve Tribes - Messianic Judaism meets Pentecostalism, meets hare Krishna, meets children of God, meets crazy fuckheads who abuse their women and children! GRRRR!

3) Baptists of all types. I don't care if it's reformed, American, or Southern baptist, or any others for that matter. Their intolerance, and fanatical devotion to one truth and only one, while screwing everyone else they know over makes them some of the most fake and hypocritical people around.

Hmmm... the Xians that annoy me the most? How 'bout:

1. Eastern/Russian Orthodox

2. Catholics

3. Protestants

That pretty much covers everybody.

Actually I find born-agains and Evangelical types the most annoying, especially when they interfere with things like science education and politics. And I find Dominionists the most frightening.

I also have a HUGE problem with missionaries, because of the cultural destruction they tend to do to the peoples they proselytize.

Woooo, the Southern Baptists have sure taken a big hit on this thread...(and as an ex-SB, I say right on)

But I found the Pentecostals even more annoying, with their constant talk of being "led by the lard" to do this, that, or whatever, or their "gifts" of speaking in tongues, babbling and waving their hands like someone with a habanero pepper suppository in place, and their assurance of a "rapture" that will sweep them away from the world when the "trumpet" is blown. Gahhh!

But like gwenmead said, that collection of cranks known as dominionists or reconstructionists are the most intolerable of all, because they aren't just silly, they're dangerous.

I would probably have to go with Southern Baptists as well, and I have a cold spot in my heart for Mormonism. And the "Messianic Jews". Oh. My. God.

The Foursquare Gospel churches......I dunno, they just freak me out, for some reason. I think I read that their founder wasn't quite all there, or something. And those Pentacostal/Charismatic types just scare the shit out of me.

But the denomination that seems to be the most threatening to me, is that "nondenominational" thing. First of all, it's BS - they're just as divisive as any other Christian group. They also tend to be the most fundamentalist and the most powerful - they are the "megachurches".

I really have almost no problem at all with Catholics.....really. Almost. I guess it's because I come from a VERY Catholic town and the vast majority of religious Catholics I know are great people, also I admit probably because I was brought up to hate them with every fiber of my being and I probably have some kind of psychological sympathy for them.

Sage that is where I came from the non denomenational church, I can see how it is a threat. It claims not to be any of the other setc when it is a sect within itself.These churches shun ALL other denomenations and they are all hellbound...the irony of my church however the congragation has been shattered according to my Xtian friend. The reason 1 year ago when I went to church, hardly anyone was there at all. Even during the Christmas eve service two years ago. I asked what happend to the church and he said:

The reason that is happend because our pastor went all democrats are bad and liberals, are evil. Well I know some people have left my former church because it is loosing its battle. Its funny though the that truth seperates Christians so much.

They a see as a threat and something is uneasy about them.

The Christian sects that really annoy me personally are:

The Penticostals - where the women don't wear pants, cut their hair, or wear jewelrey because it's a sin and the men are unbelieveably horny bastards and are sanctioned by god to keep their women in line.

Baptists - Southern, Northern they are all a bunch of morons

The people who keep leaving tracts on my car when I'm in the store. Five times they have done this. Target, K-mart, the grocery store, I come out and find a tract on my car. Some church is going to all the parking lots and putting tracts on all the cars. They don't care people are offended. Next time I get one, I'll post what it says, it's so damn idiotic. I tore the last one up and left it in the parking lot in little pieces.

As a former Baptist I didn't realize how disliked I was.

Pentecostals

Catholics

Born Again Evangelicals of any denomination or non-denomination.