Goodbye Jesus

Questions for Christian members of ExC

Celsus

Uh...  :rolleyes:

We've heard all of that before. Do you have anything new to add, some new shred of revelation or something special that God might have told you personally?

Now wait a minute, Reach; The Apostle Paul told us very explicitly that we're to accept no "special revelations."

Oh, wait. The "greatest Christian who ever lived" got his authority from a special revelation!

Oops! My bad.

Now wait a minute, Reach; The Apostle Paul told us very explicitly that we're to accept no "special revelations."

Oh, wait. The "greatest Christian who ever lived" got his authority from a special revelation!

Oops! My bad.

Ssssssssssshhh, Loren!!!

You're not supposed to notice that, let alone mention it!

I think you've been infected with a particular strain* of the Jezebel Spirit Virus. ;-)

*JSV-6a: Presents with a Spirit of Rebellion, deceitfully cloaked in a robe of Curiosity, clearly lacking in Proper Humility, with no Respect for the teachings of the Clergy.

Laugh.gif

-Reach

*JSV-6a: Presents with a Spirit of Rebellion, deceitfully cloaked in a robe of Curiosity, clearly lacking in Proper Humility, with no Respect for the teachings of the Clergy.

Laugh.gif

-Reach

Who, me?

(I'll have you know that I adore a woman who presents with JSV-6a! She's probably where I got it.)

Christian ExC members:

1. Why are you a member of ExChristian.net, when the ExChristians do not believe in your religion and most thoroughly despise what you believe in?

2. Do you feel that we ExChristians are merely mistaken and/or unjustified in leaving the faith that you hold to?

That's enough for a start.

Bruce

Hello--

1. I signed up when I saw that there was a forum where Christians were invited to debate with ExChristians. I was browsing at this website because a search on some song lyrics that I conducted sent me to an excerpt from one of the forums. I began reading and became interested in what ExChristians think and feel.

2. Well, it's just my first day here, so I am not yet familiar with any of your individual testimonies. But in general I'd say that I think many former Christians are disappointed in/with God and have either concluded God is not all they believed him to be or that God does not exist at all. I'd say that disappointment/disillusionment is a common root.

But I know that every person's experience is different in some way.

Thanks for asking!

Yes, thats part of it. Critical reading of the bible was another part of us. Once you actually read that book with an unbiased eye, you wonder how you could ever worship such a foul beast god.

It's really funny that you should mention this.  :HaHa:

There are times when we leave the house for up to eight or ten hours at a time. Sometimes, not all of the time, when we return we notice that our schnauzer peed on the corner of the couch leg, or he peed on the corner of one of the bed frames.  :ugh:

When we notice this, I look at him and say, "Mickey, did you do that?", and immediately he puts his ears down, looks down at the floor, and heads to the front door.

He knows "deep inside" when he does wrong too.  :scratch:

That's cuz God gave him a conscience!  :HaHa:

Fwee, you really shouldn't shame your little doggy for peeing when you left him alone for 8 - 10 hours. He didn't do anything wrong. :nono: Dang, you are like a god aren't you?

Fwee, you really shouldn't shame your little doggy for peeing when you left him alone for 8 - 10 hours.  He didn't do anything wrong.    :nono:   Dang, you are like a god aren't you?
I don't yell at him, beat him, or burn him alive for all eternity so, it's all good. :grin: