Goodbye Jesus

So F'ing Pissed Off I'm Just Beside Myself

Kelli

Every day that man remains in office I just get more and more irritated. Bush is literally destroying this country with his spending billions on this inane war. Don't even get me started on the needless death. Or his push to turn freedom into theocracy.

When this is all over we're going to be lucky if we even have an economy, much less a constitution that isn't torn to shreds by theocratic superstitions and the Patriot Act.

I just don't even know what to say. We're along for this ride and what can we do about it? Nothing. Nothing but sit back and watch in disbelief as we're told to "go about our business" by this madman.

While I don't disagree with one thing you've stated about W, I'm wondering what incident caused you to post the rant? Was it the Gonzales case? or something else? Just being nosy, you can ignore the question if you want. :HaHa:

Voting don't seem to work.

We need to completely reconstruct this country, but if that ever did happen imagine all the other countries that would try to get involved just to have their hands in on our business.

Your right we're pretty much F--ked.

CeltC..

The only thing we can do *now* short of insurrection, armed, bloody warfare with no specific target in sight, is to teach our Replacements, our kids, and those we can influence the values of Self Governance.

I did not say *Constitutional*, even tho what the founders gave us would sure beat the fuck outa what we've been left with.

We need to teach our kids that no matter who or what is in *power* that they can't enslave a thinking mind until that body is at the hole where it will lay buried.

The import of "Having and Holding Arms" has never been so cructial to our freedom as it will soon become.

Whiners who bitch at my "gun loving arrogance" are still Free to take up whatever they'd care to. If they choose not to do so, when the time comes for the next Concord Bridge, don't show up to a gun party with empty hands.

If the Nation stands, it will be in part to those who love Freedom and desire to practice and give it. Not because of the PATRIOT Act and the ever tightening bands and chains.

No quote defines a pure desire for liberty than this exerpt from a Sam Adams speech delivered on 1 August 1776.

"When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny. Ye abandoned minions of an infatuated ministry, if peradventure any should yet remain among us, remember that a Warren and Montgomery are numbered among the dead. Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, What should be the reward of such sacrifices? Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plow, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom--go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"

As for the House of Fatman?

We Choose Liberty

kFL

I'm with Nivek on this one :)

For the longest time, I've been of the opinion that no amount of voting or other wasting of time in the political system is going to improve a damned thing. I was pretty keen on politics for a number of years, until I saw that it's just digging holes in the sand. All governments in this country are too corrupt and too rotten to be improved by much, and neither of the Big Two Parties have any real answers or offer any real alternatives which will safeguard our rights and freedoms. Corrupt scum run the works, and the majority of people who are permitted to vote and influence the appointment of officials don't know jack shit about politics or what true statesman should be like.

Like Nivek said, the best we can do is teach our children the value of independence and raise them with the best possible values. One day, when all this does indeed fall apart, like all civilizations eventually do, then they'll be prepared to pick up the pieces and make something better.

Otherwise, politics is a waste of time.

As for the House of Fatman?

We Choose Liberty

kFL

I may not consider myself a libertarian anymore (though I do still agree with a lot of their values), but I'm with you on this one.

Hell, far as I'm concerned, political bent has nothing to do with it. This is an issue of serious concern for anyone with a legitimate claim to humanity.

I know exactly how you feel, Celt Cat. The Neo-Cons that I work with talk about how noble our cause is and I get violently angry. I wouldn't be surprised if politics or religion is the cause of my eventual dismissal from this place. I've absolutely had it with these brainwashed imbeciles thinking that they have any say-so in the current government or that they are represented in any way.

While I don't disagree with one thing you've stated about W, I'm wondering what incident caused you to post the rant? Was it the Gonzales case? or something else? Just being nosy, you can ignore the question if you want. :HaHa:

I've been quietly simmering for quite a while now. When Bush announced several thousand more troops (over and above the additional 21,000 last month) a couple of days ago, I began to boil over. This came along with the almost daily announcement that more troops died over in that goddamned shithole.

Then... Today I got paid, looked at the amount of tax taken out of my check (~$450) and was basically forced to lie to the DMV about how much I paid for a used car that we put on the road today, just so I could afford to get it on the road (or else pay hundreds in sales tax). That was after I paid $2.68 a gallon for gas -- $.46 of which is TAX... Which got me thinking about Bush and Bush family oil investments, and fraud, and Halliburton, and CEO's maiking over 800 times minimum wage, and more fraud, and listening to the radio to Bush sound bites telling us to "go about our business."

And so I ranted.

And you're right. We need to teach our children what freedom really is. Not this false Bush freedom. But it may well be too late.

Thanks for posting this discussion. I think the world needs to know what Americans are saying. And I mean the average person on the street; not just some big name in the news. I know I did.

Thanks for posting this discussion. I think the world needs to know what Americans are saying. And I mean the average person on the street; not just some big name in the news. I know I did.

Hey Ruby,

You should be able to pick up WWKB (1520 AM) where you are. Listen to it someday and you'll hear a lot about what average, everyday Americans think about what our government is doing.

Particularly, try listening to Ed Schultz from 12-3 and Randi Rhodes from 3-6. Good stuff.

I know exactly how you feel, Celt Cat. The Neo-Cons that I work with talk about how noble our cause is and I get violently angry. I wouldn't be surprised if politics or religion is the cause of my eventual dismissal from this place. I've absolutely had it with these brainwashed imbeciles thinking that they have any say-so in the current government or that they are represented in any way.

Dare I even ask where you work that you worry about being fired over your political views? I couldn't imagine working in such an environment.

Dare I even ask where you work that you worry about being fired over your political views? I couldn't imagine working in such an environment.

Don't mean to butt into your conversation (but I am :wicked: )

I have a low level position working for the government. At work I can have no opinion of my own, on politics, religion, etc. If I speak my mind, I can be fired for offending someone. We (at work) can only speak about work related issues.

Hey Ruby,

You should be able to pick up WWKB (1520 AM) where you are. Listen to it someday and you'll hear a lot about what average, everyday Americans think about what our government is doing.

Particularly, try listening to Ed Schultz from 12-3 and Randi Rhodes from 3-6. Good stuff.

I need some education on how to operate a TV, but note that I said I like knowing what people say who are not on the news. Anyone who appears on TV regularly enough to be named must be some kind of big name. Then again, I don't know who you are in real life; you might be one of the big names.

I need some education on how to operate a TV, but note that I said I like knowing what people say who are not on the news. Anyone who appears on TV regularly enough to be named must be some kind of big name. Then again, I don't know who you are in real life; you might be one of the big names.

A radio, not TV, LOL. Both talk show hosts take lots of callers (everday people like you and me) and they're saying the same thing I'm saying.

Where do you work that you can speak your mind? In most companies, talking about politics is a no-no (unless you're fundy, then you can talk about it all you want without fear of being fired).

A radio, not TV, LOL. Both talk show hosts take lots of callers (everday people like you and me) and they're saying the same thing I'm saying.

I've never even operated a radio. Much less do I have one. What makes you think I would know this stuff??? I left the horse and buggy people less than ten years ago (which you know if you have been reading my posts) when the internet was coming into its own (which you know if you bother giving it a thought).

I have never had anything to do with a radio other than hear it when I am in a public place. And the stuff I hear on it does not make me feel any need for owning one. In my opinion, a person who does not know that horse and buggy people don't have radios is just a bit more ignorant than I am. All you're giving me is unpronouncible scrambles of letters and numbers and you laugh at me for not knowing it means radio???

Go a head and laugh. There's lots of people who appearantly know what you mean and I will know from now on that you refer to some kind of technology I have never encountered. Okay? There's probably some back corner in Canada that you can move to without being looked at wierd for not knowing this. You might want to stay out of Ontario, though.

Go a head and laugh. There's lots of people who appearantly know what you mean and I will know from now on that you refer to some kind of technology I have never encountered. Okay? There's probably some back corner in Canada that you can move to without being looked at wierd for not knowing this. You might want to stay out of Ontario, though.

I think it is safe to say that you, Ruby, are perhaps the only person on this entire board who is not familiar with operating a radio. It never occurred to me that you didn't escape the Mennonites and immediately run to Best Buy to load up on modern technology. It makes sense that you would take your time, though. You might, however, want to just skip radio and TV and stick to podcasts. It will replace radio and TV eventually any way. :HaHa:

I think it is safe to say that you, Ruby, are perhaps the only person on this entire board who is not familiar with operating a radio. It never occurred to me that you didn't escape the Mennonites and immediately run to Best Buy to load up on modern technology. It makes sense that you would take your time, though. You might, however, want to just skip radio and TV and stick to podcasts. It will replace radio and TV eventually any way. :HaHa:

That's what I'm saying and that is what I am doing. I happened to find someone's old TV but I seldom use it.

Of course I'm the only person on here who is not familiar with radios! So far as I know, I am also the only regular poster here who is from a horse and buggy community. And it's not like I have made a secret of this. I would expect anyone who is on this board as regularly as Celt Cat and you to realize that my question is not asked out of stupidity but out of a justified lack of knowledge which both of you are capable of alleviating. It's not like I ask stupid questions for their own sake and you know that.

It has been my experience that when I ask this kind of question people give a decent and respectful answer. Here where I am they don't laugh at a person of another culture for not knowing all the mainstream stuff. Apparently you Americans think the rest of us are stupid. Not so in Ontario.

For your information, that arrogance is a huge reason the rest of the world hates Americans. Unfortunately, they can't identify Canadians as being NOT Americans so we have to put up with the crap, too. We correct them of their mistake but if they are not strong in English they will look at us, shrug, and continue with their tirade.

So strong is the anti-Americanism in this part of the country that Americans have felt uncomfortable. Celt Cat may want to know this before he moves here. Or change his attitude toward non-dominant groups.

We are, as Canadian Tire says, Proud to be Canadian. Read Mark A. Noll's History of Christianity in Canada and the United States and you will know why. By the way, Noll is American, but somewhat more informed than most.

Ruby, there is other music besides the mainstream crap on the radio. I enjoy listening to my local classical station from time to time. You might enjoy something more of that nature, if you live in an area with something like that.

If not a radio, then you could try a CD player or MP3 player (you have access to a computer, so you could get something like iTunes and buy music that way). At least with MP3s, you can pick and choose what you want to listen to, and you're not limited by what's available in your area.

Yahoo has a music store where you can listen to the entire song before you buy it, as opposed to iTunes only letting you listen to a little bit. The catch is with Yahoo, you have to pay them monthly. ITunes is pay per song.

You could also check garage sales in your area for things like cassette tape players and the cassettes to listen to. Some stores still sell cassettes very cheap, although they're becoming harder and harder to find these days. The main trouble with cassettes is that the tape sometimes gets tangled up in the player, making it unusable, so I'd avoid them unless you find a really low-priced one.

Ruby and others,

If you do not have access to a radio (in Ruby's case) or no access to some of the programming, you can access it with streaming audio on the internet. Just make sure your speakers are working on your computer...

I have slow internet connection but I know how to make do if I really want to see/hear something. I let it load while I do something else for an hour or two. I've watched some youtubes that way. The fact of the matter is that I love discussion forums so much that there is very little time left for other entertainment.

It has been my experience that when I ask this kind of question people give a decent and respectful answer. Here where I am they don't laugh at a person of another culture for not knowing all the mainstream stuff. Apparently you Americans think the rest of us are stupid. Not so in Ontario.

Ruby, who is laughing at you here on this board? Or on this thread? I'm not really sure why you mention that. And what has been said in this thread to indicate that anyone thinks you are stupid? Did a bunch of posts get deleted? Did I miss something?

:shrug:

I have slow internet connection but I know how to make do if I really want to see/hear something. I let it load while I do something else for an hour or two. I've watched some youtubes that way. The fact of the matter is that I love discussion forums so much that there is very little time left for other entertainment.

In that case, digital music is probably not the best route for you (at least not at this time).

Amythest, thanks for the information. I've had a tape player for as long as I've been out of the OOM community. It started because I needed it for taking courses via distance education. Someone loaned me theirs and eventually I got my own. I have also bought music on CDs to play on my DVD player. I have the computer technology because I need it for course readings. I have low vision and other problems that technology aids. I learned to use computers in the public library and in the computer labs that are all over campus.

These days students need to know how to use computers and access the internet simply to do so much as use the library catalogue, so I've been forced to learn computers. And I've done major amounts of exploration. I don't have to do discussion forums but I discovered them and I love them. There has not been a similar necessity to learn radio and television. I wasn't aware that anybody uses radio these days except for communication in certain types of work.

Maybe I should clarify... I wouldn't be fired for my views, I would be fired for my reaction to others praising the president's courage and/or his commitment to ensuring that America remains "one nation under God", et cetera ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I work at a cell phone service company and I work in back in the Quality Assurance/Billing department and EVERYONE in my office is a right-wing, conservative wacko. Well, all but one... my middle-aged smoking buddy, Betsy. She's a Libertarian... just like me. But she works in accounting and I only see her once or twice a day which is not nearly enough. Believe it or not, I actually picked up my belongings and moved to the opposite end of the office so I could be by myself and not be sucked into all the asinine conversations everyone else starts. It's just me, my work and my punk rock off in my own little cubicle against the wall. I'm happier than a pig in shit when I'm alone.

I've never even operated a radio. Much less do I have one. What makes you think I would know this stuff??? I left the horse and buggy people less than ten years ago (which you know if you have been reading my posts) when the internet was coming into its own (which you know if you bother giving it a thought).

All you're giving me is unpronouncible scrambles of letters and numbers and you laugh at me for not knowing it means radio???

Go a head and laugh.

Ruby,

I was in no way laughing at you. A little good-natured "LOL" but I was definitely not trying to make fun of you. Yes, I know you're from a Mennonite background, but quite honestly I figured that someone who was as active and fluent on the internet as you must have quite a bit of exposure to technology at this point. If not, that's fine...