Goodbye Jesus

Teens 4 Christ

Markkasan

Teens4Christ.com might have already been discussed somewhere else, but I think this is worth discussing a second time.

Basically, this site's an internet forum run by Reverend Randy Ross for fundamentalist Baptist teenagers. On it, they spew the most hateful, bigoted, homophobic venom that I thought was incapable of coming from my generation (I'm 20). They hold the view that the Catholic Church (which Randy writes as cATHOLIC for some inexplicable reason), Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and quite a few Protestant denominations are cults and whose members are bound for hell. They call homosexuals sodomites, without irony. They are King James Bible fetishists who believe that any other translation is the work of Satan. Their doctrine is as narrow-minded as one can get. They believe the Bible literally, to the letter. (All the stuff normal people find repulsive, like the genocide of Canaan, which they believe was justified, and the Biblical mandates against women in power.)

With the doctrine being as narrow-minded as it is, one may wonder how the forum keeps away the sane people from infiltrating and making rational arguments. Well, Brother Randy and his wife are fuhrers of the forum and have a strict set of rules that ensure that the members do not deviate an angstrom from their point of view. No debates are allowed. King James Version of the Bible is the final word on all matters. If you disagree with the Fuhrer one too many times, you are banned as a troll. More than that, new members have their posts moderated (in other words, before your post is shown, it has to be approved). After a while, after you've proven yourself a devoted fundie, you are allowed to post freely.

Tellingly, the forum was elected as the #1 Fundie Site on the Web (which they post proudly like a badge of distinction.)

I shouldn't be surprised at the narrow-minded bullshit of these people. Maybe I'm just naive from living in New Jersey too long.

Links

Forum Rules

Trolls Hall of Fame

Perfect Purity (Their Guide on Dating, Hilarious)

Bro Randy is trying to build a covey of sexualy repressed teenaged wives for himself.

Note that the entire contents of Perfectly Pure consists of 12 messages posted by Bro. Randy last November, with a grand total of zero replies!

Quothe Bro Randy:

No, not completely, but the one kiss was a match dropped in a sea of gasoline that was the unrestrained emotions of four teenagers.

Good to see that Bro Randy has such a competent handle on physics as theology..

kFL

Note that the entire contents of Perfectly Pure consists of 12 messages posted by Bro. Randy last November, with a grand total of zero replies!

That's because every thread has been locked. Hear no evil. Speak no evil. See no evil. Right?

I found this topic title particularly amusing:

Pinned: What If You Have Already Blown It?

Completely unintentional, but funny non-the-less. :HaHa:

I shouldn't be surprised at the narrow-minded bullshit of these people. Maybe I'm just naive from living in New Jersey too long.

:HaHa:

Frankly, I've taken a look around on that site some days ago after the staggering amount of FSTDT nominations coming from there. For a moment I was tempted to join...

...then I read through the GeStaPo staff's rules...

...naaaah. Not worth it. :lmao:

I found this topic title particularly amusing:

Pinned: What If You Have Already Blown It?

Completely unintentional, but funny non-the-less. :HaHa:

:banghead::lmao::blink::funny:

Hilarious indeed! :wicked:

Guest lori4443

I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now, and have begun to feel comfortable enough to post. I’ve read a lot of explanations on how and why people become so caught up in their fanaticism. I think an important reason has to do with emotionalism.

Teenagers are babes in the wood. Everything is new and exciting to them. They have not yet come to know many of life’s unfair demands. Heading into their 20’s I suspect many of them fall from faith just as I did.

Many years ago when I was a teenager, I belonged to a fundamentalist church back in the Jim Baker period (prior to his downfall and arrest). The process of removing myself from the church mindset was painful and lonely. It was hard to fathom, that after all the testimonies I had heard “confirming” God’s presence and goodness which seemed infallible to my young mind, were without substance and not stemming from the foundation of God’s principals, as I had believed. The bottom line turns out to be just as good things happen to Christians that seem far beyond the coincidental, can happen to atheists, agnostics, new agers or just about anybody as far as that goes.

An example is once I knew a woman who was having a hard time in her life. She desired a sign from God that everything would turn out okay and prayed asking for a ring for confirmation. Low and behold not long after, she found a ring in a parking lot and so she went forth singing God’s praises and marveling in his steadfastness for his faithful ones. Supposing this is a true story, you can see how after hearing many like testimonies, the infallibility can seem dead on, especially for a teenager.

Good and bad coincidences happen to all people, not just people of faith but come to think of it, you never hear about tar bad ones in church. It’s selective thinking with an element of brainwashing.

Okay I’m done. Feels good to hash this old stuff out.

It makes me sick to read them over there justifying the killing of doctors that do abortions. They say anyone that kills should be killed because god approves of justified killing...after all, he wiped out entire cities. :wacko:

Poor kids...that's child abuse in my opinion. A site like that should be shut down or at least only available to people over 18.

It makes me sick to read them over there justifying the killing of doctors that do abortions. They say anyone that kills should be killed because god approves of justified killing...after all, he wiped out entire cities. :wacko:

Poor kids...that's child abuse in my opinion. A site like that should be shut down or at least only available to people over 18.

Before you get too alarmed...I was once part of the same group, EXACTLY THE SAME..down to the same silly games and activities, except in another part of the country of which these people are or were all tied into. These folks do not advocate the bombing of abortion clinics...I know...This may sound crazy...I knew one of the guys who ran that operation, I actually met him more than 20 years ago and from the pictures, he looks 20 + years older but I recognize him...they may advcate making abortion illegal but they do not condone murder of doctors... these folks, other than the extreme KJV Fundyism and usual mind warping, are not quite the extreme wackos you are thinking of. The worse thing these people might do is "Witness" to you until you want to slap them and pray all the time, maybe some will protest abortion but violence...I can personally attest...they are not for that.

I hope you're right, but the thread I was reading they were equating innocent killing of children (abortion) with murder. One person (Paul) said that the doctors and the women that get abortions should be executed. Some come on there and say they don't support killing of any kind and this Bro. Randy person comes back and says, "even when the bible ordains it?" Another person said that is why they support capital punishment..."it's justified killing." link

I'm afraid to search for the abortion thread...

What I want to know is how to turn off that goddamned music! I searched everywhere but Firefox wouldn't stop playing it!

I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now, and have begun to feel comfortable enough to post. I’ve read a lot of explanations on how and why people become so caught up in their fanaticism. I think an important reason has to do with emotionalism.

Teenagers are babes in the wood. Everything is new and exciting to them. They have not yet come to know many of life’s unfair demands. Heading into their 20’s I suspect many of them fall from faith just as I did.

......Okay I’m done. Feels good to hash this old stuff out.

Welcome lori! I appreciate your insights re youth - I've been thinking along the same lines lately (guess I'm gettin' old).

Hope to hear more from you here at ex-c.

Guest lori4443

Thank you Curtdude. I'm happy to be here but there's one problem, I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK THE QUOTE THINGY, so I can't use it. Got any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

Guest lori4443
Thank you Curtdude. I'm happy to be here but there's one problem, I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK THE QUOTE THINGY, so I can't use it. Got any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

Oh, I think I just figured it out. Sorry (dummy me).

link

Notblinded,

I need to ask you...how the hell have you managed to get on that forum and accessed the threads? I registered and I cannot for the life of me get on.... :scratch:

I don't know...I just went to the links that the OP provided and went from there. That link above is a direct link to the thread I was posting about.

Hey...have you been bad over there and they banned you from even looking? Shame..... :HaHa: (just kidding!) I really have no idea. It just let me click away. I wish it didn't! :)

Improper dating takes the focus of attention of the couple away from God; whereas, the couple in a properly formed relationship keeps God as the focus. God clearly has instructed us that He is to always be at the forefront of our lives. Anything that takes away from God’s preeminence in our lives is simply a sin. In Deuteronomy 4:24 (“For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.”), we are warned that God is jealous of anyone or anything that takes away from His Glory. The next two passages to consider tell us that we should be wholly consumed with the service of God. Nothing should stand in the way of this service.

Another reason why I prefer Eastern religion to Western. You gotta love a gaggle of easy-going deities to the neurotic jealous control freak.

Another reason why I prefer Eastern religion to Western. You gotta love a gaggle of easy-going deities to the neurotic jealous control freak.

Urm - Xianity is also an Eastern religion. Native Western Pagan religions are about as easy-going as the Eastern ones. The Abrahamic cults are just an odd deviation.

Heh - that was one of the very few good things about life in NJ. You could be Pagan, a freethinker, bisexual or gay, and so on, and no one batted an eyelash. Kinda miss the whole Princeton/New Hope scene - good, open-minded people. Odd for a place filled with rude assholes, but maybe that's what also helps spawn kindly, decent people :)

Urm - Xianity is also an Eastern religion. Native Western Pagan religions are about as easy-going as the Eastern ones. The Abrahamic cults are just an odd deviation.

Well, technically speaking, yes. I just find it amazing that a set of religious faiths founded by upstarts in a small portion of desert and based on self-denial and shame, could come to emcompass more or less two thirds of the globe. When you really look at it from the outside it's so bizarre, because those "denial" religions are really quite bizarre deviations from the normal spirito-religious traditions of the world.

Just for fun, also compare with Odin himself (so the sagas claim) telling, in the Poetic Edda, about the tricks he used to seduce a certain lovely maiden... only to find that she tricked him instead :lmao:

Thats right Paul.

God ordered the children of Israel countless times in the Bible to go in and completely exterminate whole countries killing everyone. Why did he do that if it was against his commandments? Because it was as Bro. Randy said, it was justified killing. The nations had sinned against God, and done sins worthy of death so God used Israel to wipe them out. God also commanded Israel to stone many people for certain wrongs they commited under the law. The punishment was death for many of the sins(murder, adultry, fornication, ect...). So there is a difference in murdering the innocent, and killing the ones who deserve it. That is the reason that I support Capital Punishment.

Why do I get the urge to troll these forums?

I must say I'm pretty tempted. Of course, you have to prove your fundie-ness before you can make posts without them being moderated before appearing. However, I think Poe's Law makes that extremely easy.

I tried to register for GodTube, but it won't let me post or comment. It keeps telling me to verify my email address. I do this over and over, but no mail arrives for me to verify.

It may be that they don't play with hotmail addresses, but if this were the case why don't they say so?

I tried to register for GodTube, but it won't let me post or comment. It keeps telling me to verify my email address. I do this over and over, but no mail arrives for me to verify.

It may be that they don't play with hotmail addresses, but if this were the case why don't they say so?

Did you check your junk mail? I have hotmail, and most confirmation letters get tossed over to junk mail.

Thats right Paul.

God ordered the children of Israel countless times in the Bible to go in and completely exterminate whole countries killing everyone. Why did he do that if it was against his commandments? Because it was as Bro. Randy said, it was justified killing. The nations had sinned against God, and done sins worthy of death so God used Israel to wipe them out. God also commanded Israel to stone many people for certain wrongs they commited under the law. The punishment was death for many of the sins(murder, adultry, fornication, ect...). So there is a difference in murdering the innocent, and killing the ones who deserve it. That is the reason that I support Capital Punishment.

:: in best church lady voice :: "Could it be........ Saaaaaaatan??"

I just find it amazing that a set of religious faiths founded by upstarts in a small portion of desert and based on self-denial and shame, could come to emcompass more or less two thirds of the globe. When you really look at it from the outside it's so bizarre, because those "denial" religions are really quite bizarre deviations from the normal spirito-religious traditions of the world.

Yeah, I find it amazing, also. A lot of factors must've had a hand in it, such as the overall ignorance of humans at the time to the facts of nature and science, ignorance of the details of Xian dogma, and the ease therefore with which ideas like eternal torment could incite fear and obedience.

But looking at it from a few years as an ex-xian, Xianity looks very bizarre. Observing Xians during Palm Sunday really made me think of that this weekend. People forcing themselves into a building once or more a week, singing praises to an intolerant and demanding god, accepting the idea that they are shit without this god's favor, and that this being somehow controls the entire world yet they have to ask him hundreds of times to get a singel request answered - it truly looks like insanity. For my part, I cannot believe I spent so many years practicing that trash.