Goodbye Jesus

Satan: A Myth Or A Moron

Mongo

God admits He created evil. Isaiah 45:7 Amos 3:6.
Yeah, but it's not evil evil, it's like, calamity... and stuff.

:lmao:

Satan rebelled because he was morally obligated to. Once he learned of god's plan for mankind, Satan was able to convince a 3d of heaven that the right thing to do was to fight against God and try to stop it even tho he knew he would lose.

Satan is a hero.

Or, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Because of Satan's stand against god in spite of the consequences, Satan > God in Christian mythology.

Yeah, he's my hero, too. If the xians are correct in their belief in hell (not that I think they are), we have nothing to fear because we in hell would vastly (exponentionally, in fact) out-number those in heaven and satan, having no reason to kiss god's great big smelly butt any longer, would lead us on a successful rebellion. We'd burst through the gates of hell and sieze heaven so quick the angels won't know what hit them. Slam Dunk!

Seriously, though, I've always been mystified by the fundie notion that we have to kowtow to all the silliness in the bible or else be cast into hell because "god cannot abide in the presence of sin" (or something like that). How can that be if Satan and god once lived together in heaven?

And how can heaven be thought of as a perfect place wherein everyone is perfectly happy if once upon a time a third of the residents rebelled against the owner/landlord?

Nope. Doesn't make sense.

Satan rebelled because he was morally obligated to. Once he learned of god's plan for mankind, Satan was able to convince a 3d of heaven that the right thing to do was to fight against God and try to stop it even tho he knew he would lose.

Satan is a hero.

You said it. Even though I don't like to refer to Xian mythology at all, I can't help but see the value in the Satan myths. When you look at it, he's a pretty decent fellow; not only did he bravely rebel against an all-powerful dictator, knowing he'd probably get his ass handed to him (a very Pagan Germanic concept of bravery, IMO :) ), but he didn't even do anything demonstrably evil in the Babble. He annoyed Job, tempted Jebus, and got Adam and Eve to try and seek their human potential and break the invisible chains their creator slapped on them.

All in all, Satan is the true savior, according to Xian mythology.