Goodbye Jesus

God Has Hardened Your Heart.

snowlion

That's what my mom said to me over lunch today anyways.

I get so pissed I just about dissolve into tears.

I think what pisses me off is the way she says it...as if it were some fact of life that can't be changed, and it really doesn't matter that her first born child is going to spend eternal life in agony. (at least that's what she thinks) Then she says she won't cast her pearls before swine. I know what this means, I know a hell of a lot about the bible, which is why I don't believe in it.

Then she wonders why I find this so offensive...that she's called me unworthy of her attention, and also damned me in two sentences. But laughs as if I were just being too sensitive. I think maybe I am.

I find it offensive that god would willingly harden the heart of another person and make it more difficult for them to believe in him. If salvation is so important why would he put even more obstacles in the way?

Why do Christians ACT like they are so much better than us? Ask them if they think they are better than you and they will say no...but that is not the way they ACT which is much more important. Because it shows what they really think.

Why does asking Jesus to forgive your sins make you automatically better than the other 4 billion people on this planet?

I think she is a wonderful woman, and I admire her in just about everything, except for this one area.

You and Pharoah eh? So, does mom think that God will visit plagues next? I seem to remeber the dung heap broke Job...

You and Pharoah eh? So, does mom think that God will visit plagues next? I seem to remeber the dung heap broke Job...

She thinks the end is coming, and Prince Charles is the anti christ...I think some plagues are in order.

I'm a first born too and my mother said I'm the anti-christ .... :thanks: but she loves me and wants me to file back in line :wicked:

Fundie mothers say the darnedest things. I have gone back and told my mother exactly what she has said to me, at various times, and I think she was even shocked at how bad they sounded. Some she tried to flat out deny... but really couldn't.

I don't really have advice per say... just remember it's the dogma speaking and not your mother.

That's what my mom said to me over lunch today anyways.

I get so pissed I just about dissolve into tears.

I think what pisses me off is the way she says it...as if it were some fact of life that can't be changed, and it really doesn't matter that her first born child is going to spend eternal life in agony. (at least that's what she thinks) Then she says she won't cast her pearls before swine. I know what this means, I know a hell of a lot about the bible, which is why I don't believe in it.

Then she wonders why I find this so offensive...that she's called me unworthy of her attention, and also damned me in two sentences. But laughs as if I were just being too sensitive. I think maybe I am.

I find it offensive that god would willingly harden the heart of another person and make it more difficult for them to believe in him. If salvation is so important why would he put even more obstacles in the way?

Why do Christians ACT like they are so much better than us? Ask them if they think they are better than you and they will say no...but that is not the way they ACT which is much more important. Because it shows what they really think.

Why does asking Jesus to forgive your sins make you automatically better than the other 4 billion people on this planet?

I think she is a wonderful woman, and I admire her in just about everything, except for this one area.

Yeah. I mean, he doesn't even have the comment courtesy to exist - so why should we believe in.

The entire bible is a dung heap.

I'm a first born too and my mother said I'm the anti-christ .... :thanks: but she loves me and wants me to file back in line :wicked:

My mother tells me that all the time.

Ugh, that sucks. Really.

More proof of the utter dearth of goodness or positivity that Xianity has to offer. Any religion that teaches that people can be sent to eternal suffering for not accepting it is sick, especially because it naturally leads people to honestly believe any loved ones of theirs who do not accept Xianity will suffer for all time, and that it is right for them to suffer.

I cannot describe how this shit boils my blood anymore than I cannot fathom how otherwise nice and decent people can be comfortable believing this degenerate garbage :angry:

I remember my mom shouted at my little sister about taking the lard's name in vain.....

I was like "what the hell? why is she yelling at a twelve year old girl like that?"

I love the whole idea of god hardening someone's heart... I mean, he's already a jerk for sending all those people to hell for doing what comes naturally, but then to boot he supposedly will intentionally prevent someone from believing.

And we're supposed to actually want to worship this asshole?

I remember my mom shouted at my little sister about taking the lard's name in vain.....

I was like "what the hell? why is she yelling at a twelve year old girl like that?"

Taking the lard's name in vain.. Oh, Crisco!

I love the whole idea of god hardening someone's heart... I mean, he's already a jerk for sending all those people to hell for doing what comes naturally, but then to boot he supposedly will intentionally prevent someone from believing.

Yeah, it makes no sense at all. But it's not supposed to. Like Scientology.

Thranil, someone around here has a signature line that reads..."Anyone who commands you to love is an asshole."

Thranil, someone around here has a signature line that reads..."Anyone who commands you to love is an asshole."

Yeah. God is like a psycho ex. He commands you to love and yet, he threatens you if you don't. "Love me or you'll pay!"

Yeah. God is like a psycho ex. He commands you to love and yet, he threatens you if you don't. "Love me or you'll pay!"

That seems to be the picture Kyle. And it's not a pretty one in my opinion.

That's sort of along the same lines as God sending people a "strong delusion" because they hadn't "received a love for the truth".

That seems to be the picture Kyle. And it's not a pretty one in my opinion.

Yeah. It's like the movie Swimfan.

All you need to know to get through life can be summed up in two little words:

people suck.

Once you realize that, nothing will surprise you and you'll never be disappointed.

I have always wondered how parents can put religion above their own children. I went through the same thing for years. I see others go through it. I hear about it all the time. It just amazes me. I thought parents were supposed to support their children no matter what. I guess that is really just a bunch of shit.

Prince Charles is the Anti-Christ? Prince William maybe (the next Stuart King) more likely Prince Harry...

Yeah, my parents are also fundies. There is no limit to what they will say. The latest tactic from my mom in a letter was: "I apologize to you because didn't love you enough as a child", the rest of her letter was all Bible quotes. John 3:16 etc. My mother naturally thinks of herself as a worthless sinner. Too bad she has been so totally brainwashed after 45 years of fundamentalist indoctrination she doesn't realize what a fine person she is.

Perhaps if she had said instead "I apologize to you for forcing you to go to the Fundamentalist Baptist Church three days a week for eight plus years" then we might have gotten somewhere.

Note that the fundie can never admit that a person can actually make a decision, after reviewing the evidence (or lack thereof), not to accept Christianity. It always has to be another reason like "I didn't love my children enough" or "god hardened your heart." Something ridiculous like that which is totally unrelated to the facts.

Sorry snowlion, it does make one angry. I am dealing with it myself. This Christianity is a horrible religion.

I suggest telling your mother flat out never do it again. The next time she does it or tries to blow you off as being too sensitive, tell her "NO. You are not brushing this off. You being incredibly rude and arrogant, and have really hurt my feelings. I am ANGRY with you and I'm not letting this pass anymore. I do not ever want to hear this ever again, do you understand?"

Then explain to her why. She does not get to tell you you are being too sensitive, the point is she IS hurting you with this. She can stop being insulting or she gets reprimanded. Parents have to be taught to be respectful of their adult children.

Or you can just say, "And God's hardened your head. End of discussion."

Do you think "God has hardened your heart" is sort of a cop-out for the Christian? They can't convince us to believe a lie, so they save face by saying that God is hardening your heart -- so no wonder they couldn't convince us.

Do you think "God has hardened your heart" is sort of a cop-out for the Christian? They can't convince us to believe a lie, so they save face by saying that God is hardening your heart -- so no wonder they couldn't convince us.

Oh absolutely. It's a "too" convienient excuse built into the system by its creators to easily brush off, or even eliminate, anyone who disagrees with their beliefs. My response is to ask them why their God can't stand up to direct, intellegent questions from skeptics? If he is God, can't he meet all challengers with intellegent responses?

Oh absolutely. It's a "too" convienient excuse built into the system by its creators to easily brush off, or even eliminate, anyone who disagrees with their beliefs. My response is to ask them why their God can't stand up to direct, intellegent questions from skeptics? If he is God, can't he meet all challengers with intellegent responses?

Clearly God has hardened your heart Antlerman.

Yes! It's hard as a rock. What was it that Jesus said? Oh yeah, "Upon this rock will I build my church". There you go then... he whose heart the Lord hardens shall be saved. All these other wannabes can go suck sand. :grin:

Yes! It's hard as a rock. What was it that Jesus said? Oh yeah, "Upon this rock will I build my church". There you go then... he whose heart the Lord hardens shall be saved. All these other wannabes can go suck sand. :grin:

The only church you'll be starting is The First Church of Holy Agony.