Goodbye Jesus

"scooter" Libby Has Sentence Commuted

Wendybabe

If the leaders of France committed a crime and had their fall guy take the rap and then the leadership just commuted his sentence what would the citizens of France do? My guess is they would burn something down! But here in the U.S.A. we just say "Boo Whoo" "That's not fair!" "Boo Whoo"

Welcome to live in this United State of Amerika.

I have a feeling that the means of crowd control which have been developed since the days of the Vietnam War, when there were demonstrations in the streets, are so exact and absolute (and maybe even deadly) that U. S. citizens are in for an unwelcome surprise should we decide to behave like the French.

It's also maybe a reason why our current Washington Dictatorship feels so confident while ever-escalating its outrageous behavior.

Where was it they CS Gassed a crowd with kids in it and used rubber bullets and nightstick attacks? I know it was a US city but I don't remember which one... It's on you tube somewhere

Where was it they CS Gassed a crowd with kids in it and used rubber bullets and nightstick attacks? I know it was a US city but I don't remember which one... It's on you tube somewhere

On the anti-WTO demonstrators in Seattle.

I think there are even much worse sci-fi-type things developed or in development.

What are we supposed to do?

The last time people protested, they got hosed down with fire hoses, chewed up by police dogs, pepper sprayed in their faces, shot, arrested, and killed.

And what would it do? The current administration has made it patently obvious that it has absolutely no care whatsoever towards the sentiment of the American people.

Damn yes, I believe Libby is deserving of a prison sentence, but I'm not willing to risk my life to riot over it, at least not under the Bush admin. Fuck no.

Do not expect freedom of dissent under a Republican administration. Do not demand the right to assemble and petition under the neo-cons.

I have a feeling that the means of crowd control which have been developed since the days of the Vietnam War, when there were demonstrations in the streets, are so exact and absolute (and maybe even deadly) that U. S. citizens are in for an unwelcome surprise should we decide to behave like the French.
... That microwave pain inducer. Non lethal, relatively harmless. Unrighteously painful. Nothing you can do to stop it, physically or legally. Imagine if something like that had existed during the civil rights struggle. :eek: The day that thing gets adapted to quell domestic uprisings, I'm makin' escape plans.

Our government does not listen to our protests. We really do not have any power to actually remove or coerce people in the White House, and even during Vietnam and those eras of protest, they only shifted positions and ended the war when it no longer became profitable to remain there.

We're stuck with the Chimp until our next election.

There are thousands ready to Meet at the Bridge.

k F L

The Republic died in 2000.

On the anti-WTO demonstrators in Seattle.

I think there are even much worse sci-fi-type things developed or in development.

They've been working on some of the crap they have since 1968.

If there ever is an insurrection, one thinks that Churchill's comment about 'all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age, made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science.' may come to pass.

There's so much in this article from the Washington Post you could have a field day with. I'll just share a few excerpts:

"Stelzer said Bush seemed smarter than he expected. The conversation ranged from history to religion and touched on sensitive topics for a president wrestling with his legacy. "He asked me, 'Do you think our unpopularity abroad is a result of my personality?' And he laughed," Stelzer recalled. "I said, 'In part.' And he laughed again."

Much of the discussion focused on the nature of good and evil, a perennial theme for Bush, who casts the struggle against Islamic extremists in black-and-white terms. Michael Novak, a theologian who participated, said it was clear that Bush weathers his difficulties because he sees himself as doing the Lord's work."

His faith is very strong," said Novak, a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. "Faith is not enough by itself because there are a lot of people who have faith but weak hearts. But his faith is very strong. He seeks guidance, like every other president does, in prayer. And that means trying to be sure he's doing the right thing. And if you've got that set, all the criticism, it doesn't faze you very much. You're answering to God."

" (Page 3)

A President Besieged and Isolated, Yet at Ease

k F L

Let me know what time the party starts.

k F L

Let me know what time the party starts.

Assuming it makes the news, I'll keep an eye out. Chances are most of America will be watching 'Brittle Bone Dodge Ball' or what ever the Endemol offering for the fall season...

Does anyone else remember when the TV segments in the first Robocop movie was satire rather than something that looks like the new season from Fox?

Does anyone else remember when the TV segments in the first Robocop movie was satire rather than something that looks like the new season from Fox?

Fuck yeah. Is CNN any better?<--------rhetorical

CNN should go for the option that WWF went for ... Cable News Entertainment... :fdevil:

k F L

Just sucks those who will pay most dearly are those not quite as deserving as those who walk away from it with their precious investments still intact.

I mean, would a full fledged revolution have as much impact as, say, the surgical removal of a few heads of industry and globalization? Strictly theoretically speaking, of course.

I mean, would a full fledged revolution have as much impact as, say, the surgical removal of a few heads of industry and globalization? Strictly theoretically speaking, of course.

Looking at the track record of assassination, they tend to be a pretty fast track to the gas chamber...

Is that any worse than the mass slaughter of warfare?

Depends whether you run the camps or are in them, I suppose.

You take down a tyrant, of what ever stripe, and it becomes a free for all... Dominos tumble.The death of the Archduke Ferdinand wasn't really sorted out in Europe until the whole Bosnia thing finally went quiet in the 1990s. WW1, WWII, the Russians in Eastern Europe, the ethnic cleansing of Yugoslavia, all for the death of one Haemophilliac no mark Royal of a dying empire...

"New Boss, same as the Old Boss"

Folks gotta realize that simply replacing one talking head with another, despite the badge on suited shirt, DEM or REP, is a useless prospect.

Far too many folks demand and even desire a *Leader*, someone to tell them what to do, how to think, and how to use their lives, all in service to the Machine.

For a few, there is the prospect of living in, but as detached as possible from the System.

Won't detail the prospects of the "necktz 'Merikan rebbolushun" even if such a thing should rise, some things, even in abstract are best left to be talked about in private, however this mean_old_fatman sees a balkanization of the Americas long before there is a complete State made of Mexico. uS, Canada as being pronounced.

Best one can do is ensure their personal protection is cared for, their families, both at home and extended are in communication, and that you've got things stashed away *if*.

I can't see this Nation of Cowards much coming but a slavish ass kissing of the status quo..

Used the soap box, do so daily. used the ballot box, it is useless. Next issue is coming well defined by Patty Neil's article found HERE.

Go ahead folks, keep voting, trust your slavemasters to allow you to keep the proper portion of your earnings. Allow them to take your life, children, belongings, even your life itself all in name of Sekuritat.

When you tire under burdens excessive of the chains, meet me at the Bridge. Tarry not.

kFL

Depends whether you run the camps or are in them, I suppose.

You take down a tyrant, of what ever stripe, and it becomes a free for all... Dominos tumble.The death of the Archduke Ferdinand wasn't really sorted out in Europe until the whole Bosnia thing finally went quiet in the 1990s. WW1, WWII, the Russians in Eastern Europe, the ethnic cleansing of Yugoslavia, all for the death of one Haemophilliac no mark Royal of a dying empire...

Gramps,

'Tis funny. Modern education fails to tie in events even in immediate past to things happening in the present. WW1 and conflicts brought to a head then are still as pungent and painful now. Asking someone who *knows* modern history about the current Balkans mess, and there is a curious detachment from just a century past..

One thing, speaking of *conservatives* is the holding of power by certain sections of ancient tribal leaders who think even extended into today they are *annointed* by the gods_that_be to rule...

My mind contains far too many thoughts on this broad subject, save to say that a truly democratic Jeffersonian world frighten those who are the wish_they_were_slavemasters..

kFL