Goodbye Jesus

How Exciting!

R. S. Martin

August 17 and 18. Bring your family, friends, and loved ones! Expect miracles! Your life will be changed!

Thus was I greeted by my answering machine when I walked in the door.

Makes me glad I don't have a phone :rolleyes: I'd like to stand outside one of those with a sign

Makes me glad I don't have a phone :rolleyes: I'd like to stand outside one of those with a sign

I'm a fairly convincing actor... I'd like to walk into the arena (with a white-stick and a person affixed to my arm to guide me), fill out a prayer card and find a nice front-row seat. I'd find a way of getting up on that stage and when I did... I'd give the guy two shiners and a sandwich full o' knuckle!

C'mon over, Follier. I'll be your guide. It's actually not in this town. It's in Toronto, a safe hour and a half from here.

I think they still have my phone number from about five years ago when I got a CD with really good music--except for the content.

The forced enthusiasm of the voice on the answering machine wasn't lost on me.

Expect miracles!!!

But if none happen (which they won't), it'll be your fault because you were hardhearted and didn't have enough faith.

That sounds interesting, I would love to make an appearance. :scratch:

To observe.

I just wana know why Jesus had to borrow a mates donkey, and Benny wants a jet

Because it's much easier to keep the poor with him in spirit at 30,000 feet.

Now... point of order. Jesus sent his mates to STEAL a donkey...

And wasn't 'Benny Wants A Jet' and Elton John song? ;)

Jesus prefers ass.

mwc

Hopefully he will be comming somewhere in Indiana close to where I live. I would have so much fun putting on a gimmick, and when him and the crowd really get into it, suddenly stop, laugh, and tell him that he, and everyone in the crowd, are retards.

Have you guys actually gone to these things before? Someone made a video of it (I think it's of Benny Hinn). Check it out, the song is perfect for it. Now I really want to go, what do you do buy tickets in advance? I definitely was the wrong kind of christian growing up, catholicism was not fun like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6EaAAMWu4

That has to be dangerous though, someone could get injured especially the way the crowd falls down in the beginning of the video.

High Chursh is more Shakespearian than Hinn, that is Carnival/Freak Show.

Kirangel, I don't remember the details. I would guess there's a telephone number in my answering machine somewhere if I bothered digging it up. I'm sure it's online if you're really interested.

I've never gone to this kind of thing. I saw one tv show of this sleeze and had my fill. He just pushed a person in the chest with his finger and the person fell over. People were there to catch the person so they didn't get hurt. He seemed to be totally disconnected emotionally from the situation. It left me with the feeling that he could just walk through a crowd impersonally pushing this button on people's chests and they'd fall over. What I found incomprehensible was that people would go ask to have it done. It seems really spooky. As in Holy Spook maybe???

Kirangel, I don't remember the details. I would guess there's a telephone number in my answering machine somewhere if I bothered digging it up. I'm sure it's online if you're really interested.

I've never gone to this kind of thing. I saw one tv show of this sleeze and had my fill. He just pushed a person in the chest with his finger and the person fell over. People were there to catch the person so they didn't get hurt. He seemed to be totally disconnected emotionally from the situation. It left me with the feeling that he could just walk through a crowd impersonally pushing this button on people's chests and they'd fall over. What I found incomprehensible was that people would go ask to have it done. It seems really spooky. As in Holy Spook maybe???

Yeah I found the website and looked over it quickly, they collect during the show. I'm watching this other show about him on youtube right now called Benny Hinn Exposed. It's really sad, there's so many people just hoping to get cured, they showed a little girl who couldn't walk and her hope and mother's hope was placed in Benny Hinn. Suffice it to say she went home the same as she came only with a great deal of disappointment. I did go to a healing once, a Catholic one it was at my church but it wasn't a show like with Benny Hinn no where near it. I was eight years old it was sort of interesting but I got bored quickly, the person who God was acting through singled out my great Aunt and said she was healed. My great Aunt died just a little bit later. I was so confused because I thought God healed her so I asked my Mom why she died when God healed her and my Mom said she was healed of something else.

Actually, if he's hitting a nerve plexus to knock them out, it's more 'Holy Spock' ;)

I saw one tv show of this sleeze and had my fill. He just pushed a person in the chest with his finger and the person fell over. People were there to catch the person so they didn't get hurt. He seemed to be totally disconnected emotionally from the situation. It left me with the feeling that he could just walk through a crowd impersonally pushing this button on people's chests and they'd fall over. What I found incomprehensible was that people would go ask to have it done. It seems really spooky. As in Holy Spook maybe???

Then you obviously have never seen him flail his jacket around like a windmill "healing" folks en mass? That is a sight that truly must be seen to be "believed" if I do say so myself. I used to have a friend and his wife was totally into old Benny (it was about the only show she'd ever watch...oh how I felt for my friend before we fell out of touch).

mwc

Doesn't he have plants in the audience for the miracles?

I wouldn't know. Very possible.

Then you obviously have never seen him flail his jacket around like a windmill "healing" folks en mass? That is a sight that truly must be seen to be "believed" if I do say so myself.

No I have not seen that. It would probably cure my migraine for the moment if it wasn't too bad when he did it. After I left the service the migraine would probably return full force. That might lead to the conclusion that I needed more of the influence of this holy man. Dunno. Just guessing. Never been to a healing ceremony though I understand my great-grandfather was some kind of healer that lots of people would go to. He worked out of his home and was NOT a preacher or minister. Maybe I have the magical powers too, if only I knew how to use them????

Benny wants a jet or already has a jet? My guess is he already has one.

He already has luxury cars

A gold rolex

A $12 million oceanfront estate in Newport Beach, CA

I read a couple of years ago that Benny drove a Mercedes (probably an S class) and "god" told him to be more Christlike so he downgraded to a BMW 7-series and ditched his more expensive watch for a "cheaper" Rolex (this is totally true) :lmao:

People are so f-ing stupid! :lmao::lmao:

Benny wants a jet or already has a jet? My guess is he already has one.

He already has luxury cars

A gold rolex

A $12 million oceanfront estate in Newport Beach, CA

I read a couple of years ago that Benny drove a Mercedes (probably an S class) and "god" told him to be more Christlike so he downgraded to a BMW 7-series and ditched his more expensive watch for a "cheaper" Rolex (this is totally true) :lmao:

People are so f-ing stupid! :lmao::lmao:

So why is he asking people like me for money?

If he would sell "all that he has" as Jesus commanded, and live in basement rooms like I do with a fifty-dollar watch on his wrist, he would have enough for his ministries for some time to come. And when he ran out of money he could also save a lot by using plain brown envelopes for his solicitations. He uses the most fancy heavy-duty envelops available.

If he's a truly humble servant of the lord he won't ever need to brag about his humble abode (providing he ever submitted to living in a humble abode). If he wants to live above reproach--people in his position who live in humble abodes tend to be accused of being too tight-fisted--he should keep all of his stuff low-scale where money is concerned. Not have fancy cathedrals and the most expensive bulding material available. He should aim at being practical but sustainable.

Not that his kind will ever clue in to this. Loving to live high off the hog is an intrinsic part of human nature. It's just that his sincerity might be more convincing if he lived the part. But no, he asks people like me for money and he is not ashamed to stoop to using emotional manipulation. He could probably sleep soundly even if he knew others were forgoing food so he's got a softer cushion to sleep on. Yuck!

TBH in the kind of crowd you get there, you wouldn't need many... people want to be seen to be holy... thus a healing is a great way of appearing 'sanctified'...

It's mass hypnosis. The guys who do shows like that are experts at it.