Goodbye Jesus

Crap...

GraphicsGuy

One way to consider it, among the many already discussed, is that you acknowledge that the God you are actually praying to is yourself, projected out side yourself.

I talk to myself all the time, having been raised an only child I got quite good at it. Only rarely did I project so far out that I thought I was talking to God, except those times I was trying to become a good Christian/Jew/etc.

It still surprises me how often I invoke Jesus or God. Usually in daming this or that. Can't imagine how tough it would be to stop if I had been a fundie at any time.

Might as well pray to the car as pray to god. Just as much chance of something being accomplished.

My favourite road story is about a little old lady who honks her horn twice at the car in front. The driver's attitude is : "Why is that ****ing bitch banging her horn at me?" So he forces her to stop and using his trusty baseball bat he smashes up her car. When both were at the police station later, the man in a cell, the little old lady said the man had a "Honk if you love Jesus" sticker on his bumper, so she did.

And a joke about praying. A school teacher in America is in court for praying in school. Asked why he did it, the teacher explains he was cornered by four students at the time.