Goodbye Jesus

Saying "merry Christmas"

disEnchanted

Maybe those who get offended should wear a tag declaring their religious belief so people know what greeting to use.

I don't get offended by people saying Merry Christmas to me. My family has never been one to focus on the religious aspects of Christmas and I believe that most families don't. It's more Santa (when I was little and my kids when they were little), visiting with friends and family and the sights and sounds of the winter season (beautiful lights, good food you don't normally eat, etc.) If you truly used the day to celebrate Jesus' birth I don't think you would be doing the Santa thing, nor partying, nor giving presents...it would be all about him and only him. So can the folks who are complaining about shopkeepers not saying Merry Christmas really complain especially when they are hearing it when they are out and about buying gifts for other people, seems they are the ones forgetting "the reason for the season".

EDIT: I wonder how many true christians realize that Christmas really was a pagan holiday that was turned into the celebration of jesus birth by constantine who wanted to make the forced conversion to christianity more palatable to those they conquered. I guess they forgot that "reason for the season" as well.

I'm really kinda suprised I seem to be the only one who gets annoyed at being wished a merry xmas.

Offense is not the proper word, I think the xtians use that word to further the persecution complex. But it does bother me, and I think it is the assumtions. The same way it bothers me when someone assumes that because I am a 30 yr old white male that writes music I must write music ala "Nickleback" or some other guitar driven hard rock. Is it a big deal to me? No. Do I cringe inside when I hear it? Yes. Every time.

It is the blanket assumtion that being a white male in America, I MUST be a xtian (no matter the odds that assumption may be right). I have been asked (whilst at work, mind you) from xtians I have just met, what church I attend. :Hmm: Wishing someone you don't know at all, like a stranger in a store during a multi-faith holiday season, a merry xmas just smacks of everything I hate about xtianity and xtians.

But I am still in my anger phase, albeit this year I have really felt a mellowing of the rage I felt in years past, so maybe my minor annoyance will fade with time too.

I celebrate Festivus. I'm actually thinking of going to Home Depot and buying a large aluminimum pole to put in my front yard this year!

:lmao: