Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Doing For Xmas?

PandaPirate

I didn't buy one gift this year except for my children. I'm going to officially tell everyone next year that I'm not celebrating Christmas anymore. From now on I'll have my own Winter Solstice celebration.

Anyway, I hurt my back and my knee yesterday and woke up with a cold this morning and it's freezing balls outside so I'm typing with gloves on right now. I'm going to kick back tonight and get high on coffee and watch a movie.

what's everyone else doing?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
I didn't buy one gift this year except for my children. I'm going to officially tell everyone next year that I'm not celebrating Christmas anymore. From now on I'll have my own Winter Solstice celebration.

Anyway, I hurt my back and my knee yesterday and woke up with a cold this morning and it's freezing balls outside so I'm typing with gloves on right now. I'm going to kick back tonight and get high on coffee and watch a movie.

what's everyone else doing?

I have some slut coming over about 9pm after she's done with her family christmas crap. Maybe it's just me, but i like that idea more than wasting 6 hours with the family pretending to like something that nobody really does.

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you heal up real soon.

Well, as soon as we get released from work (after official office party is over), I'm going straight home and open a bottle of Merlot, put on some Bing Crosby, prep for x-mas eve supper, eat, have a bit more wine, a shot or two, or twelve of the whiskey my boss gave me, whilst spending time with my husband, son and my beloved mother-in-law. We'll open presents tonight while A Christmas Story marathon plays in the background.

X-mas day, vegging out and having more wine...IF there should be any left.

Have a good one, y'all, whatever you do and be safe.

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope you heal up real soon.

Well, as soon as we get released from work (after official office party is over), I'm going straight home and open a bottle of Merlot, put on some Bing Crosby, prep for x-mas eve supper, eat, have a bit more wine, a shot or two, or twelve of the whiskey my boss gave me, whilst spending time with my husband, son and my beloved mother-in-law. We'll open presents tonight while A Christmas Story marathon plays in the background.

X-mas day, vegging out and having more wine...IF there should be any left.

Have a good one, y'all, whatever you do and be safe.

I almost had to cancel my coffee party. I was running out of creamer so instead of fighting the lines at Wal Mart, I went to chik fil a and snagged some creamer and sugar in the raw. Bad santa. Bad!

I got my room all cleaned, gifts wrapped, and laundry done yesterday. Today I'm relaxing in the light of my tree, sipping cocoa, listening to Christmas music, watching cartoon specials, and just enjoying my day. :) Roomies will be picking up a prepared ham dinner we ordered from Safeway for a household supper tonight, and tomorrow will be gift opening, and then I'm going over to a friend's house for dinner and more gifts with her family...I get adopted by them every year.

I really started loving this time of year when I started doing what I wanted to do instead of what I felt I should. I don't bother seeing family I don't like, I don't rush around trying to get to services or getting guilted into helping out when I don't want to or have time, I don't cook, scrub, clean, or shop until I'm too tired to care anymore and in a really bad mood.

Happy New Hallowthanksimus. :) May you get to do whatever you feel like doing today!

We're celebrating it with a tannenbaum (Christmas tree), a lights on our house. Food, playing games, and yes... we do have presents (all according to celebrating Saturnalia). On the gifts I wrote: "Good Yule, from Santa" instead of "Merry Christmas".

We're celebrating it with a tannenbaum (Christmas tree), a lights on our house. Food, playing games, and yes... we do have presents (all according to celebrating Saturnalia). On the gifts I wrote: "Good Yule, from Santa" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Maybe I'll go outside and watch Orion rise, then watch Sirius rise and then watch the SUN RISE. That'll be a first. In fact, that's what I'll do with my daughter next Christmas when she's almost four. I have to erase the brainwashing that "nana" has done to her. "nana" is telling my daughter that it's baby jesus' birthday. :ugh:

I almost had to cancel my coffee party. I was running out of creamer so instead of fighting the lines at Wal Mart, I went to chik fil a and snagged some creamer and sugar in the raw. Bad santa. Bad!

:lmao: Chik-Fil-A is a xtian business, so in a way you were ripping baby Jesus off of some coffee supplies. Naughty, naughty Santa! :nono::HaHa:

My mother, grandmother, and I will be ordering turkey dinners this year as it's only us three celebrating. Today my grandmother took me to the store with her to pick out a birthday cake (as tomorrow is my birthday), and I picked out the weirdest one I could find. It's pink, purple, and white icing with white and purple roses. Usually we bake a cake, but this year I didn't want everyone going through the trouble of making me a cake from scratch or cake mix.

Celebrating with my family, but this year I made my parents a gift, rather than bought them something. Tonight I am staying home and listening to beautiful classical music on my iPod. I brought my speakers over since we always have trouble finding holiday music, and my grandma wouldn't know how to work a CD player if we gave her one.

Today I worked and then picked up a put-together set of shelves to help organize a storage room. I don't have any relatives nearby and my friends have holiday plans with their families. My parents and sister, her husband, her kids, and her pregnant chihuahua and I will all be spending a week in a cabin going stir crazy in the middle of nowhere in the not-too-distant future, so tonight I am doing a few things to prepare for that. Later I will be cuddling up with my birds on the couch to watch a video.

Tomorrow I will spend a few minutes celebrating the Festivals of Sol Invictus and Zeus Horios, probably by planting my last remaining bulbs since the snow has melted. After that I will be doing home improvement activities, the most important of which is finishing up insulation in the attic. (That's why I'm dressed like this.) I've been at it once or twice a week when I have a good chunk of spare time for three weeks now. Tomorrow should be the last day, thankfully. The house is already warmer.

We are settling into a house we bought and my parents decided to come down. We managed to have Hickory Farms provide the gifts for family members around the country. We have been moving furniture and things from our rental house into our home. We are having our Christmas with palmtrees in the yard and not doing much. I know for me, I am beat from heavy lifting of furniture and refuse to do nothing but be lazy. I am content to sit, visit and relax. I am just happy to be moved into our new older home. We are now trying to sort out our stuff and put it away....anyway...hope everyone has fun or at least manages not to be bored or have a bad time.

Congrats on your new home! That's what I was doing last year, too: Moving to my very first owned home. New Year's Eve last year was my first night living here.

Enjoy your home! It's a wonderful thing.

I got into a fight with my bf because I had a book on Wicca sitting on the coffee table when he brough my presents over. He thinks I'm in a bad mood because I deconverted. I had to explain to him that I hurt my back, my knee and have a cold. I think he's just having a hard time because he's struggling with his faith too. So, we watched a movie and ate popcorn.

Work all day. My gf's pissed, in the american sense of being angry. There's a dark side of naivette.

We are settling into a house we bought and my parents decided to come down. We managed to have Hickory Farms provide the gifts for family members around the country. We have been moving furniture and things from our rental house into our home. We are having our Christmas with palmtrees in the yard and not doing much. I know for me, I am beat from heavy lifting of furniture and refuse to do nothing but be lazy. I am content to sit, visit and relax. I am just happy to be moved into our new older home. We are now trying to sort out our stuff and put it away....anyway...hope everyone has fun or at least manages not to be bored or have a bad time.

Congrats on your new home! That's what I was doing last year, too: Moving to my very first owned home. New Year's Eve last year was my first night living here.

Enjoy your home! It's a wonderful thing.

Thanks....we moved to the Pensacola FL area last January from Nashville TN and have rented until now. This is our 3rd home we have owned...I fucking hate moving...but it is necessary to be where you want to be...

Hey...I live in Pensacola!

I'm up early, I have 4 boys here, one is my nephew and I'm waiting for my daughter to come from her fathers house. We will be listening to godless heavy metal all day and playing violent video games. I'm cooking ham that my husband got from work for xmas (YAY FREE HAM!) After the feast we will then have our xmas tree burning ceremony. We burn our tree on xmas day every year. :fdevil:

im opening present with the family! WOOHOO.. Yay for big fat guys in red coats!

Since I'm Swedish, we've celebrated christmas yesterday. We ate all the traditional swedish dishes: Ham, meatballs, potatoes, 50 different kinds of sausages, herring, salmon, cheeses, bread, ribs, meat prepared in different ways, fish, salads, rice porridge with cream and jam, sweet hot wine with almonds and raisins, cakes, cookies, fudge, nuts, dried figues, chocolates, coffe, fruit and a special sweet christmas brew called "julmust".

Today I've faked a tummy-ache (not difficult) to get out of socializing (very dishonest). Me and my grandmother are watching the wizard of oz in a comfortable silence (I think she's asleep), while the rest of the family is out playing christmas hockey (weird tradition). It's all ok, I guess. But I'm longing to go home and relax! I get so tired around all these people, it seems that nobody ever shuts up!

It's nice but exhausting.

I've bought a nintendo wii to amuse myself though.

On of my daughters is here, so xmass will be a bit more fun! Her and the wife are still asleep though, they stayed up late. I love watching my kids open presents, a shame both could not be here, but hey! I didn't expect my youngest to be here, so that's a bonus from what otherwise would be a boring xmass!

My family is all happy right now as I gave out Wallyworld gift cards. :D

I got into my birthday cake before anyone woke up. There's a big piece missing and all there's left is one third of the cake and icing all over the table. Happy Fucking 31st Birthday to Me! :HaHa:

All I want for xmas is the fucking EDIT button!!!

Since I'm Swedish, we've celebrated christmas yesterday.

The feast sounds lovely!

I have some Swedish heritage and just got a book on "making a Swedish Christmas." The main reason I got the book is that I'd like to learn how to make a Julbukk. Still haven't gotten a chance to do that, however. But this morning I used the Swedish pancake recipe. Yum!

I got into my birthday cake before anyone woke up. There's a big piece missing and all there's left is one third of the cake and icing all over the table. Happy Fucking 31st Birthday to Me! :HaHa:

Yay! Happy birthday!

After the feast we will then have our xmas tree burning ceremony. We burn our tree on xmas day every year. :fdevil:

That sounds like fun!

I'm off to plant bulbs now...

I am a chef and I am making xmas easy on my wife. Every year we have turtle soup and I do the cooking--it is our tradition. The snapping turtle is expensive so we have it only once a year. Anyone want my recipe, just e-mail me and I'll be happy to send it to you. I've been on Nebraska television making dishes, let me know what you want. A great improvement for any recipe is Dry Sack Sherry or Madira wine.

Happy Holidays to all.

Void where prohibited by law.

My family is all happy right now as I gave out Wallyworld gift cards. :D

Well Happy Fucking Birthday to you too! 31? I remember when I was 31 and then 41 and then 51. Happy Birthday.