Goodbye Jesus

Why Pick On One

Guest Gunner

Why don't you send e-mail or call your Senator to change laws in America first? Our country spends its time demonising the rest of the world so that we have a common enemy, when it should be more concerned with how the people that have to live here actually feel about their own government.

I've found the answer: people prefer the illusion to the brutality that this empirical truth.

Plus, as Henry Rollins once quipped, "Nothing brings people together more than mutual hatred."

If you attempt to shatter the delusion, then mental damage that has been done by the delusion can then cause a unequal but opposite reaction that may have you living six underground in a pine box. The masses, the majority, the hoi polloi fight for the delusion because it is comforting and known to them. Push the boundaries and receive a less than welcoming emotional reaction.

The truth may set us free, but the shackles are sometimes more welcoming.

• 2 weeks later...
Islam was once a pretty liberal and cultured society (compared to the contemporary Christians) Most of the classical Greek texts we have are thanks to Islam.

Jesus fucking Allah, I've heard it all, lol. Islam gave us 'most of the classical Greek texts'. Please elaborate...starting firstly with when "Islam was once a pretty liberal and cultured society" and then the 'how, as in what ways and what periods were any domains ruled by Islam "pretty liberal and cultured" and nextly the when and how of we somehow receiving "Most of the classical Greek texts" thanks to Islam. Heretic Zero, you stated, and correctly so, in another thread that you don't see any Christians lopping off heads to push their religion. I'm sure in history it's happened though. What about now? You know, I am no fuckin' christian believe that if nothing else about me, but fuck me running if it doesn't seem like people have lost their bleeding minds regarding these Islamists today. I don't give a flyin rat turd about what took place 400 or however many years ago. Shit fuck that's the same arguement the backwards assed Islamists use when making excuses for their actions. Well, the caliphate used to...in 1586...and in 1624 the.... What about now? I can tell a fucking christian to go sit on a stick if I wish and do so in ANY country they reside in and do they try to kill me for it? Name me one nation(and NO it ain't the United States) where Muslims are getting along smashingly with their neighbors. Name just ONE. Can you do that especially nowadays with a Muslim? Would you feel comfortable speaking your hearts desire as we all do towards these Muslims? I think not. I am no fucking apologist for christianity. To me they are for the most past frankly idiots. But I also feel no real threat from them. I do, however, see a REAL and EXISTENTIAL threat from Islam itself. I say outlaw all the fucking religions and if the Islamists don't like it, they can hang from a rope. Frankly, my plan would be to go after each of these religions one at a time, but based upon beliefs and current behaviour I have no doubt that once to the Muslims, I'd have to get well beyond a little nasty, and that's all I will elaborate at the moment on how I'd deal with these pieces of shit. I am most defenitely not a 'civil' person when it comes to god or religions, and the more violent the religion tends to be, the more violently I would absolutely love to deal with them. Now, I've said what I really think.

Islam was once a pretty liberal and cultured society (compared to the contemporary Christians) Most of the classical Greek texts we have are thanks to Islam.

Jesus fucking Allah, I've heard it all, lol. Islam gave us 'most of the classical Greek texts'. Please elaborate...starting firstly with when "Islam was once a pretty liberal and cultured society" and then the 'how, as in what ways and what periods were any domains ruled by Islam "pretty liberal and cultured" and nextly the when and how of we somehow receiving "Most of the classical Greek texts" thanks to Islam.

Liberal compared to its peers. And yes, Islamic scholars did preserve alot of Greek knowledge and literature during the Dark Ages. That shouldnt come as a surprise as they inherited the old Seleucid and Ptolemaic Greek lands. At one time Islam was progressive and learned compared to Europe, however (some would argue due to colonization) the Islamic world backslid into its present state.

But dont write these people off, they may be in the beginning of shaking off the past and moving forward. Islam, like all religions, changes according to the circumstances of the day, the early xian church would be considered "pretty liberal" compared to the Spanish Inquisition and todays xianity positively benign next to the French wars of religion. Likewise the Islamic world was once tolerant (somewhat) towards other religions, advanced in the sciences and arts, and a major beacon of world trade.

They certainly arent perfect and Islam is a pretty poor faith, but credit where credit is due Kickball.

They preserved nothing. And giving credit where credit is due isn't anything I would waste alot of time on with them anymore than I would those in christian history because one can tag that arguement to christian history as well, but do we waste alot of time on that? No, we don't. Be specific, as you haven't been yet. Let me put it thusly, what did they do with this information that benefited anyone let alone themselves? The same people I see quite agitated by christian apologists seem quite comfortable going through all manner of maschinations, contortions even, in sounding like apologists for Islam. Europe, as well frankly as our own Dept Of State is full of these deluded fools, and Europe has a gun pointed at it's head but seems bent on dreaming the gun is a loving and empty hand that will somehow just go away of its own accord. Yeah, history surely does repeat itself and it starts in the minds and weak hearts of those who put up with tolerating what to a sensible person would be intolerable. It's a shithole, and imperialistic religion and always has been no matter how many 'preserving scholars' have populated it. They're not the ones calling the shots.

I see you added more.

I know and get along with Muslims Kickball, as I get along smashingly with plenty of Christians. Sure I dont go for their beliefs, but they are people same as us. Religion can bring out the worst in people, but it doesnt do it to everyone. I dont claim to be an expert on the Islamic faith

but so far the jihadis are the minority group of Muslims, leading me to believe that the faith doesnt explicitly advocate suicide bombing.

Religous extremists carrying things out to the letter are dangerous no matter the denomination. Dont mistake the actions of a vocal minority for the intent of the many. Would you really want people hating/trying to kill us b/c Pat Robertson is such a dick?

What exactly are you advocating, killing the muslims? How is that any different than your reason for hating them?

Im not a fan of religion either, but thats my opinion and my personal choice. I cant impose that on the whole world no matter how silly I think people are being. This is Ex-C we were all religous people at one point, so we of all people should be understanding.

Kickball... The Doctor answered your question, and since it didn't fit you prejudice, you amended you post to eliminate the relevance of the answer. That, is the act a loud mouth ignorant redneck who is really quite impressive hypocritical, a man who has the intellectual honesty of someone who holds the opinion that America was founded as a Christian country. Thus far, while forthrightly evincing your opinion, you are showing your self as a wilfully ignorant loon... Can you please keep the 'stupid' down to a dull, vitriolic, roar, while your betters (and at the moment even Kratos is higher in my esteem for intellectual honesty) discuss things like grown ups? Can we manage that? After all you may learn something... but then the rant was generated by the fact you learned something you just didn't like...

And while I'm in pissing you off

Al-gebra - It's not latin, it's ARABIC, you cretin... without the Ottoman Empire, we'd not have got to the moon in the 1960s, if ever... one of the giants whose shoulders Newton (and Leibnitz) stood upon was Islamic (see accounting below)

Al-cohol - Chemistry (specifically organic chemistry) owes a lot to Islam Alchemical experimentation... the fact we can get drunk with minimal chance of blindness or insanity is largely down to Islam...

123456789 and most important 0 - without the Murghal invasion of India, that sequence would be i,ii,iii,iv,v,vi,vii,viii,ix and zero wouldn't be in our mathematics... so, no computers

Double entry accounting - adapted from an ARAB method of business accounting by the Venetians who traded extensively with the Islamic Empire. It was via this route that Al-gebra came to the west when it did, since it was used for unit and currency value conversions...

And while I'm in pissing you off

Al-gebra - It's not latin, it's ARABIC, you cretin... without the Ottoman Empire, we'd not have got to the moon in the 1960s, if ever... one of the giants whose shoulders Newton (and Leibnitz) stood upon was Islamic (see accounting below)

Al-cohol - Chemistry (specifically organic chemistry) owes a lot to Islam Alchemical experimentation... the fact we can get drunk with minimal chance of blindness or insanity is largely down to Islam...

123456789 and most important 0 - without the Murghal invasion of India, that sequence would be i,ii,iii,iv,v,vi,vii,viii,ix and zero wouldn't be in our mathematics... so, no computers

Double entry accounting - adapted from an ARAB method of business accounting by the Venetians who traded extensively with the Islamic Empire. It was via this route that Al-gebra came to the west when it did, since it was used for unit and currency value conversions...

:lmao:

What about now? I can tell a fucking christian to go sit on a stick if I wish and do so in ANY country they reside in and do they try to kill me for it?

Inquisition.jpg

GODWIN! ;)

Sure that's Godwin? He said fascist, not Nazi or Hitler...does it still count?