Goodbye Jesus

My Easter Challenge

Abiyoyo

To all my fellow brothers and sisters in God. I say that because I believe no matter what your personal belief is, if you've looked at the God of Israel for support at any time; you my brothers and sisters. I am writing this topic in total and 100% honesty toward my thought, my life, and the time I've spent with this site. Some may say I'm preaching or judging them; but I'd like to say for the record that I'm not.

I have observed, debated, spoke with many people on this site in communication of religion and found many avenues outside of the Bible that have given me ample understanding and has actually increased my faith. Some here may disagree with that statement, or even say that this is impossible; as for one would ultimately have to disregard the Bible in whole if they have truly taken consideration, looked into topics, links, and even remotely put effort into seeing the points outside the Bible that render it to be fiction.

I have been to all lengths of research. I have learned things most counterparts in Christian faith will rarely look into because of the blinding faith, and threat to not look outside the Bible for answers. The Bible says in the last days that even the 'elect' will be fooled. I think, the elect, will be just that. In recent discussions, I have realized that this will be, and technology, access to material and knowledge of many different subjects are unlimited, and moments away. In this, I do see the elect, down to the faithful living normal lives going to work, praying, going to church, building their life to happiness; I see all these class of people being deceived. It is sad and I wish there was something I could do. I wish God would show himself somehow, sent a lightning bolt down if an elect would ask, help someone get well when sick, give someone a home, a working car, happiness if depressed. I wish in all these things of God. I pray all these things of God.

I also in that same moment wonder how the world would be different if God did show everyone He is here and able. i wonder if people would just put him away like the people did Elijah, be stubborn as they were to Moses, not even see God as they didn't when He visited Sodom, or even kill Him as they did Christ. But still, Bible aside, why my question is will He refuse to show signs in large ways to reach the people that He said He would go search for even if one were lost.

These are my questions to God. My only sensible answer is, thats the way it is. And, thats not good enough for many, many that are begging, wanting to see His hand, goodness, spirit fall on them as it did the disciples, or the sick with Christ. i do believe Christ is real, I do believe God is here. I don't understand why God would let His people be so confused. Why God would allow His creation to roam in the wilderness for 2000 years without cause.

In the whole of things, its not much different than 2000 years ago other than we have billions of Christians, and a elect to lead that amount into regular belief. I feel as said earlier, even the elect are getting deceived. We get complacent, stale, comfortable, unwilling to say the truth, talk about difficult subjects; and in that continued mold of life, have evolved into uneducated, unprepared, vessels of emptiness.

Samuel is one of my most influential characters of the Bible. He saw many things, including a King be appointed despite the warning of its devastation, saw that King prophesy in his presence, yet being torn apart from pride, and envy seeking to kill David. He heard the voice of God as a child, and followed it until his death. I look to this man, as many Christians would look to Christ. He was a man devoted to his God; and lived long in that God.

My challenge is anyone that has knowledge of the Bible and Samuel, Could they possibly look into that character as God's elect; and believe?

Happy easter

I have observed, debated, spoke with many people on this site in communication of religion and found many avenues outside of the Bible that have given me ample understanding and has actually increased my faith.

Maybe, as far as you are concerned, but what you have written on this site demonstrates an abysmal lack of understanding of modern science and, if I may say, a willful blindness.

Some here may disagree with that statement, or even say that this is impossible; as for one would ultimately have to disregard the Bible in whole if they have truly taken consideration, looked into topics, links, and even remotely put effort into seeing the points outside the Bible that render it to be fiction.

We have looked into the Bible -- for the most part its fiction. For you to have assumed we have not looked into it is just arrogant.

I have been to all lengths of research. I have learned things most counterparts in Christian faith will rarely look into because of the blinding faith, and threat to not look outside the Bible for answers.

"All lengths of research" how is that possible? So what are these things people will "rarely look into"?

I wish God would show himself somehow, sent a lightning bolt down if an elect would ask, help someone get well when sick, give someone a home, a working car, happiness if depressed. I wish in all these things of God. I pray all these things of God.

Wish and pray all you want. Doesn't work very well, does it?

These are my questions to God. My only sensible answer is, thats the way it is. And, thats not good enough for many, many that are begging, wanting to see His hand, goodness, spirit fall on them as it did the disciples, or the sick with Christ. i do believe Christ is real, I do believe God is here. I don't understand why God would let His people be so confused. Why God would allow His creation to roam in the wilderness for 2000 years without cause.

You don't know much of anything do you? So why don't you stop preaching to us about your ineffectual god who is beyond understanding? Why do you keep coming back? Are you having some doubts? If so, why not be honest?

In the whole of things, its not much different than 2000 years ago other than we have billions of Christians, and a elect to lead that amount into regular belief. I feel as said earlier, even the elect are getting deceived. We get complacent, stale, comfortable, unwilling to say the truth, talk about difficult subjects; and in that continued mold of life, have evolved into uneducated, unprepared, vessels of emptiness.

Disagree that there are "billions of Christians" and there is such a thing as the "elect". There are many millions who have been baptised and identify themselves as "christian." Beyond that, forget it.

Assuming that you think you belong to the "elect" I agree that you appear to be an "uneducated, unprepared vessel of emptiness."

Have a nice day.

• Super Moderator

Enjoy your holiday, Yo.

Problem with us Satanists is we don't get many holidays. Well, maybe Dick Cheney's birthday.

- Chris

Unrelenting garbarge as usual...

Having nailed Baby Jesus to a tree on Friday, he left me an Egg today! Yay Chocolate...

and Yoyo... if you were a relative of mine, I'd have had you committed by now...

Is there supposed to be a point to this thread or am I missing something?

No point that I can see. Just seems like the OP posted a tiresome, hand-wringing "I am so sorry you aren't Christian" manifesto.

• Super Moderator

We're the "elect" getting fooled in these here End Times. Don't be fooled. Go back to God. 'Cause everything in the Bible is true whether it's true or not.

Nice approach, I thought. Arrogant, but nice.

- Chris

Enjoy your holiday, Yo.

Problem with us Satanists is we don't get many holidays. Well, maybe Dick Cheney's birthday.

- Chris

Best quote evah!

The Bible says in the last days that even the 'elect' will be fooled.

Here's where you totally lost me. I thought maybe you were attempting, like a gnostic from thousands of years ago, to glean some truth from the Christ myth. You do realize that the apocalyptic writings that made it into the Bible are just a drop in the bucket right?

The elect? Really? At least you put 'elect' between apostrophes so maybe you aren't taking one of the largest chunks of bullshit in the Bible literally. I'd rather it had Read "The Bible says in the 'last days' that even the 'elect' will be fooled."

Happy Easter to you as well. :)

To all my fellow brothers and sisters in God.

Yay! even when we've left, we're still part of the cult.

Dude, some guy called Jesus said that once we've left, we're out and never coming back... you might have read about it, it's in this book called the Bible.

What bothers Me about Easter is this dead guy on a stick scaring My bunny rabbits.

Chocolate, anyone?

To all my fellow brothers and sisters in God. I say that because I believe no matter what your personal belief is, if you've looked at the God of Israel for support at any time; you my brothers and sisters. I am writing this topic in total and 100% honesty toward my thought, my life, and the time I've spent with this site. Some may say I'm preaching or judging them; but I'd like to say for the record that I'm not.

For my part I'm not sure I care why your here.

I have observed, debated, spoke with many people on this site in communication of religion and found many avenues outside of the Bible that have given me ample understanding and has actually increased my faith. Some here may disagree with that statement, or even say that this is impossible; as for one would ultimately have to disregard the Bible in whole if they have truly taken consideration, looked into topics, links, and even remotely put effort into seeing the points outside the Bible that render it to be fiction.

I don't know if its impossible, the human brain can do all sorts of interesting gymnastics when it is determined to believe something is true. This does not in any way suggest that god exists, anymore than my lack of belief is proof he doesn't exist...reality does not give a fuck what we believe, it is what it is.

I have been to all lengths of research. I have learned things most counterparts in Christian faith will rarely look into because of the blinding faith, and threat to not look outside the Bible for answers. The Bible says in the last days that even the 'elect' will be fooled. I think, the elect, will be just that. In recent discussions, I have realized that this will be, and technology, access to material and knowledge of many different subjects are unlimited, and moments away. In this, I do see the elect, down to the faithful living normal lives going to work, praying, going to church, building their life to happiness; I see all these class of people being deceived. It is sad and I wish there was something I could do. I wish God would show himself somehow, sent a lightning bolt down if an elect would ask, help someone get well when sick, give someone a home, a working car, happiness if depressed. I wish in all these things of God. I pray all these things of God.

and if wishes were horses we would all ride...god isn't doing this, nor is there evidence he ever has...all the evidence suggests there simply isn't one at all.

I also in that same moment wonder how the world would be different if God did show everyone He is here and able. i wonder if people would just put him away like the people did Elijah, be stubborn as they were to Moses, not even see God as they didn't when He visited Sodom, or even kill Him as they did Christ. But still, Bible aside, why my question is will He refuse to show signs in large ways to reach the people that He said He would go search for even if one were lost.

right, so Jesus lied, because he sure hasn't looked very hard for me, its not like I'm hiding or anything...claiming that people wouldn't believe if god showed himself is just a poorly disguised ad hominem

We don't accept it because it isn't a "sensible" answer.

of course it has, education demands answers better than "thats the way it is," believing in this stuff and being educated are mutually exclusive, because one is not allowed to demand answers in your world view.

Samuel is one of my most influential characters of the Bible. He saw many things, including a King be appointed despite the warning of its devastation, saw that King prophesy in his presence, yet being torn apart from pride, and envy seeking to kill David. He heard the voice of God as a child, and followed it until his death. I look to this man, as many Christians would look to Christ. He was a man devoted to his God; and lived long in that God.

My challenge is anyone that has knowledge of the Bible and Samuel, Could they possibly look into that character as God's elect; and believe?

Happy easter

I'm not sure I understand this challenge. How is the, most likely fictional, story of Samuel supposed to convince me that god exists. We have lots of people today who hear disembodied voices and we put them in mental institutions. Also, people don't listen to my advice all the time, but I've never considered creating a religion out of that.

edit: P.S. you keep using the term "elect" I hadn't got the sense that you were a Calvinist before this, i you aren't, you might reconsider the words you use, as the term "elect" is usually a reference to predestination.

As many squiddies as we get coming by for a random prayer and blessing, I'd say the ex-c's are the most blessed group on ;the planet. Glory! :god:

Well, seems a lot of us have read it, and I have the distinct feeling that this isn't quite the reaction he was looking for...

The nutter... :rolleyes:

Bleh.. anyway, our local paper here runs these adverts saying happy Easter from whichever company or personality who paid, fills up nearly half of it. Similar thing last Christmas too. I was disappointed last time as the number of Jesus and his cross pictures were more than Santa Claus', but not this easter! Easter bunny vs Jesus and the bunny came up tops. 11 to 8!!!

Yay for the Easter bunny!!!

Happy Spring Festival everyone!

Chocolate bunnies, peeps, and candy for all.

YoYo, here is a real "Easter Challenge" for you. Explain why christians had to appropriate existing pagan celebrations. You think it's a coincidence that the birth and resurrection of your dead jew on a stick coincide with the Winter Solstice and the onset of Spring?

Well, oddly enough god doesn't bother to show people that he is here and able. Don't you find that odd? And you find justification for this because a book that can not be proven true, has some stories of how people supposedly acted when god showed them he is here and able. Regardless, which would be a more fair senario. A mysterious have faith with no proof senario, or giving everyone proof and allowing them to react on that proof as they see fit. Seeing as people are currently rejecting the faith without proof paradigm, at least with the god giving everyone actual proof by showing up he is ensuring that people accept him after knowing the facts. For example, what would make a better marriage- not seeing the person and being told half truths and then getting reality after the marriage, or knowing exactly what you are getting into from the start? Why does god needs to trick people into worshipping him instead of accepting outright reject to outright showing up?

Didn't you hear him? He doesn't have a good answer...and that answer is good enough for him. :scratch:

The true meaning of Easter.

rabbitdump.gif

Yoyo, would you like to know what's ironic? You're afraid that if you doubt and lose your faith, you will have blasphemed against God and will go to hell, when the doctrine of eternal damnation itself is the worst blasphemy against God imaginable.

I personally believe there is some sort of God, and if God is a transcendent omnipotent being who created the universe and all the natural laws that govern it, how could the same being be so cheap and petty it'd get angry if some of it's tiny little creations didn't worship it? Omnipotence means being capable of anything. Up could be down, squares would be circles, planets could be made of rubber and bump against each other and not inflict any damage on each other.

Are you listening to me?

An omnipotent God, who can change the laws of reality at a whim does not want or need worshippers or servants. So therefore, no angels, no war in heaven, no fallen angels, no war for the souls of man.

The God you believe in is merely an overblown version of a human king who would punish any of his subjects for not bowing down to him.

Man may want to be given respect , accolades and worship, but GOD needs nothing.

You don't have to stop believing in God, but for your own mental health, you should stop believing he's a cosmic tyrant.

Peace to you in the Name of the Lord of Creation.

Happy easter

Short answer... No.

Christians have to convince themselves that non-believers would remain non-believers even if god appeared to them. They need to believe that we are "rebelling" from the "truth" to ease their own problems with their faith.

Happy easter

So are you asking me if I could read some story and then believe in the supernatural super-critter that rules the universe in that story? I suppose I could...but why? Because one of the characters in the story did? Well, that's all well and good but on that logic there's lots of other things I'd rather do. Fly a spaceship. Fight heroic battles. Get me some nasty (since it's fantasy we'll assume the wifey ain't gonna be a problem). But the Samuel character ranks pretty low. I'd rather be David so I could get me some tail while her hubby is off getting killed (at my request don't you know). And I would still be old god's stroke buddy.

No need to be Sammy when you're playing fantasy shoot for the stars. You know what? Fuck that...I'd be YHWH! On your knees or into the fire because I love you! That goes for you too jesus! Ha!

mwc

YoYo, the fact that you are still here, I think there's hope for you. :)

May I ask, why would God give us "reason" and not expect us to use it? :huh:

I can understand gaining principles and values from spiritual teachings, and standing on those things... after considerable reasonable thought. What I fail to understand is... why base one's whole life on something blindly? What good is it, if it doesn't make sense? :shrug:

Yoyo, would you like to know what's ironic? You're afraid that if you doubt and lose your faith, you will have blasphemed against God and will go to hell, when the doctrine of eternal damnation itself is the worst blasphemy against God imaginable.

Tabula Rosa, what a great post... the whole thing! IMHO, if YoYo and other "Christians" could just understand this post... it will be a great step to freedom and out of the brainwahing that generations of spin has produced.

Never mistake dumb or stubborn for 'hope' ;)

Happy easter

My response is that of Chief Hatuey as the 'Christian' explorers were tying him to the stake, with the help of their transient priest, for not leading them to gold: "Very early on, as they were tying an Indian chief named 'Hatuey' to the stake, a Franciscan friar urged him to take Jesus to his heart so that his soul might go to heaven, rather than descend into hell. Hatuey replied that if heaven was where the Christians went, he would rather go to hell.' When the good brothers were not burning people at the stake to get what they wanted, they delighted in spreading influenza, diphtheria, measles, pneumonia, whooping cough, smallpox, malaria, typhoid, cholera, tuberculosis, dysentery, syphilis, and gonorrhea because of their filthy unwashed bodies and even worse personal hygiene.

Christians, Muslims, those who seek to impose their religious authority upon others, which is usually what joining a religion represents--voluntarily giving up your right to think in favor or someone's bullshit theology and doctrine--those persons act under their own authority to enslave a person's body and mind, god does not tell them anything of value. Religion gives one the morality he needs to wage war upon anther body of people. Religion sucks the life out of good, honest people and replaces it with guilt and shame where none should exist. Neither Saul, Peter, Moses, or Jesus can get me back into the church and neither can you.