Goodbye Jesus

God Is An Illusion

Brother Jeff

Guest florian
Sorry for the delay. I wasn't too sure how I'd answer to all of you cause you're many and i'm one :)

I liked the warm welcome and answer of Bro Jeff, he's got a point there: archaeology and prayer - happy it was useful

I would avoid talking to Neon since he's a mocker, who can then talk to him? i hope, Neon, that you won't be angry at me, only that you do not take seriously Jeff's words - i didn't refer to Jeff's provocation in a scornful manner, no, not at all - his provocation is welcome - i'm also free to "provoke"

With Narcissus i don't wanna talk right now, even if i appreciate the non-violent manner he addressed me

.........and all the rest.....

:twitch: Flor, Please put on your flame resistant suite before reading my reply.

Do you have any idea how condescending this post sounds? You are the one that choose to not only sign up at a place called Ex-Christian, but you took it upon yourself to post on Jeff's Topic. You are the one that typed out a response. Now you dismiss thoes who make you uncomfortable with honest well thought out questions and problems with the dogma as not being worthy enough for you to give an answer to? Common. What about Neon made him a "Mocker"? Are you kidding me?

Many Christian believe they are allowed to be condescending and self righteous but are in total shock when someone replys to them in the same manner. Please get over yourself, you don't get a special get out of hell free card here because of your belief in a magic sky god. You don't get to blindly tell us how it is without being confronted to hold up your side with more then just buybull verses. You have the courage to tell us all how it is, but you don't have balls enough to take the heat or be questioned on anything you say.

We are many and you are one? How lame, You're suppose to have the superior guidance of the all knowing God compared to us lowly worthless godless blind heathens. You're suppose to be surrounded with all truth and clear understanding. Seems to me like you honestly don't know diddly about the god you claim to "know" you also don't have enough faith in your god to give you answers and yet blame the evil non-believers on their tone.

/rant off

Jeff.

I have to say that the OP is profound to me on many levels. Some of us know it's an illusions, others would rather believe in some magic trick to get the drawing to move. Nice Job!!

Japedo,

i want to say that i do not "blame the evil non-believers on their tone", i just do not agree with them for the moment.

the post expresses the way i am, that's how i see myself, an honest man. that's how i am, believe it or not!

i admit i do mistakes but you cannot say i regard all of you with contempt.

no i "honestly don't know diddly about the god you claim to "know" you also don't have enough faith in your god", but not diddly. i know something about my god, not enough, so i'm a seeker of my way in life, just like you.

i "don't have balls enough to take the heat or be questioned on anything you say", only that i don't agree with the arguments.

i do not " dismiss thoes who make you uncomfortable with honest well thought out questions and problems with the dogma as not being worthy enough for you to give an answer to". i do not despise you all.

i want to give an answer, but not on the theological issues section. i wanted to get to know someone so that we may move to the arena

and why do you use words like: condescending, make you uncomfortable , Common, don't have balls enough, How lame, You're suppose *(i don't), compared to us lowly worthless , don't know diddly , evil non-believers ?????

do you think i think that way about you?

and those words really hurt. i don't know what's on your mind concerning what i have written.

you are free to believe whether this message is honest enough or not. i do not mind

+ time to end the game: the attention must be on jeff's topic, not on me!

you are free to believe whether this message is honest enough or not. i do not mind

*sighs* You, like many before and no doubt many after, forget a very basic premise: this is ex-c.

You are not presenting a magic new religion to our naive eyes. We have all been there, done that, don't believe the bs anymore. You are just rehashing the tired old "it's true because I have faith" bs and you will soon find that it won't fly. People here are going to ask for more proof than your faith to back up your claims.. :fdevil:

Japedo,

i want to say that i do not "blame the evil non-believers on their tone", i just do not agree with them for the moment.

I would avoid talking to Neon since he's a mocker, who can then talk to him? i hope, Neon, that you won't be angry at me, only that you do not take seriously Jeff's words - i didn't refer to Jeff's provocation in a scornful manner, no, not at all - his provocation is welcome - i'm also free to "provoke"

What's the above quote all about then?

the post expresses the way i am, that's how i see myself, an honest man. that's how i am, believe it or not!

i admit i do mistakes but you cannot say i regard all of you with contempt.

I don't claim to know how you regard any of us. All that I am answering to is the unwarranted label you brushed Neon with. There was no mocking, no belittling for you to chastise him over. His questions made you uncomfortable so instead of just dealing with that, you decided to attack the messenger. It's called side stepping the issue. It's disingenuous is all. :shrug:

i know something about my god, not enough, so i'm a seeker of my way in life, just like you.

Okay fair enough.

If questions are difficult to swallow, I understand that. What I have issues with is putting a negative label on someone so it makes you feel their questions aren't worthy of an answer. If you have issues with hard questions either ignore the question/poster all together OR... simply say you have no idea. No biggy.

only that i don't agree with the arguments.

Okay so hold your end of the argument up... I probably don't agree with anyone here on everything. Disagreement is a great, I don't have issues with that. Only with you unfairly being dismissive of someone.

I'd just like to add, I have found that many Christan's blindly demand we respect their belief as it's 'sacred', but in the same turn they don't go out of their way to give that same respect to anyone else who doesn't mirror their dogma. If Christians are allowed to sneer and rejoice over the burning, torment, and/or abandonment and so forth of people all over a lack belief, why should those same people give any respect to you or your god? Everything is always about christians beliefs, why?

I went on a path to find god and found him to be make believe, how is that mocking? How is Neons questions about the bible mocking when he has facts to back up his questions? He also asked for proof. :shrug:

+ don't i have the right to get to know you a little, not from the books? must admit, i haven't read ex-christian related books, that is why i'd be delighted if you suggested me one - even send digital one by mail :)
Nobody said you couldn't get to know us. But if you wanted to get to know us, why didn't you do that before you made false accusations about the motivations behind other forum members' posts?

no, i am not making any extraordinary claims
Definition of the word extraordinary, "beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular, or established". Unless you can prove God is real, then it has not been established that God is real. And until it is established God is real, you cannot claim to know whether or not a supernatural creator that exists beyond what is usual, ordinary, or regular exists, hence you are making an extraordinary claim.

i do not have such proof, i'm not that well-trained
If you don't have proof of God's existence, then why did you claim you had proof in this post?

It is important for the way I think to consider evidence a verse like this
Here you clearly claimed that the verse you quoted was evidence for the existence of God, but now you're turning around and saying you don't have any such evidence. Which one is it? Either you claim to have no evidence or do you claim to have evidence. If you don't have evidence for the existence of God, then don't go around claiming that you do because that's dishonest and hypocritical. If you do have evidence of the existence of God, then kindly back up your claims or don't make such claims if you can't back them up.

what do you understand through extraodinary evidence?
This little thing called "facts."

would such an evidence would be enough for you, if someone came with one, someday?
Do you even understand what the definition of the word evidence is?

and i did not bash Jeff's post, i just said i did not agree with him for one simple reason

wait your reply

Yes, you did too bash Jeff's post. You criticized Jeff because you didn't like his argument against your beliefs and claimed he couldn't make such an argument because he only did it to make a provocation, but then you turned around and provoked other people with your post. If that isn't bashing, then please explain what bashing is.