Goodbye Jesus

De-conversion

Guest end3

The point is, dad is a normal guy, with good intentions, more or less, for his whole life. The fact is, as I have been taught, dad would be in hell.

Just trying to make sense of it all...

Romans 3:10As it is written:

"There is no one righteous, not even one;

11there is no one who understands,

no one who seeks God.

Christianity is such a great comfort isn't it? How will heaven be a joy for you without your dad? Billions of people are burning in hell even as we type, because they didn't find it. Hell most of them didn't even know they were supposed to be looking.

The old old story doesn't make sense. There is no justice in it. Your dad is condemned for not being God for who else could be that righteous, yet of course he was not made to be God or even a god. It just doesn't make sense. You may figure that out some day like your dad did, or you may go on in some sort of faith on the premise that you are just too stupid to get it.

But you are not too stupid to get it. Understanding is as easy as it looks. As soon as you realize that there is no god sense starts pouring out all over the place.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator

AM, I am honored to have your approval. Really.

Thank you.

- Chris

Greetings to Madame_M and Chefranden!

Long time no see!

:D

Dunno, in my mind the aged father story is suspect. Probably a gimmick to ensnare exChristians into saying something end can catch us with. Why do I feel so suspicious? Because several months ago his dad seemed to be aged about 46 and end seemed to be a college student. I say "seemed" because there was a lot of confusion around the matter. Yeah, it's coming back. End called his dad about some question that seemed to be related to his college studies, if memory serves. Anyone else remember?

In retrospect, did your de-conversion serve a role in preparing you for life events after de-conversion.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. Are you asking if it changed my outlook and daily life, or how?

The first is easy, yes of course it changed my life, and my perspective on certain events. The how is a bit harder, I'm not prone to dwelling on the past. What comes to mind though, I find it easier to like people, religion was a barrier to that. I'm generally happier too, the list goes on and on.

But something tells me you didn't want a list of the benefits of a deconversion right? :P

In retrospect, did your de-conversion serve a role in preparing you for life events after de-conversion.

It prepared me to deal with life better than believing ever did.

Dunno, in my mind the aged father story is suspect. Probably a gimmick to ensnare exChristians into saying something end can catch us with. Why do I feel so suspicious? Because several months ago his dad seemed to be aged about 46 and end seemed to be a college student. I say "seemed" because there was a lot of confusion around the matter. Yeah, it's coming back. End called his dad about some question that seemed to be related to his college studies, if memory serves. Anyone else remember?

Ruby, it's a pretty decent topic. I really don't see how this is leading to some kind of "trap". I doubt he is going to ensnare anyone. LOL!

Nobody's falling for the bait--that's for sure. Topic's decent. But I don't trust the story. I raised it in shout box just now; provided link to post on which my suspicions are built and gave my reasons. He does not respond.

Here's the convo:

RubySera At Christmas I thought you were a college student and your dad was about 46....how come he aged so fast???

end3 Ruby, I am 42, born in 65, dad will be 71 or 72 next month, he and mom were born in '36 and '37, i don't recall.

RubySera do you have a son in college then?

end3 no

RubySera end, I found the post; it's here link

RubySera how do you explain it

end3 what post number Ruby?

RubySera end, click on that link and it should take you directly to your post

end3 I did, it says i called my dad

RubySera yeah, so it seemed like you were a young kid needing to talk with your dad;

I realize it doesn't prove anything but it does look awfully suspicious to me when a person stops responding right at this point when all he would have to do is explain himself to clear his name.

And his last post on this thread is very seriously noncommittal. There could be a host of legitimate reasons for both cases. I'm open to that. Just stating my impressions and the potential implications. But yes, the topic's good. Feel free to continue.

Everything I have done in my life has prepared me for everything I will do in my life from this point forward.

Greetings to Madame_M and Chefranden!

Long time no see!

:D

Hi Mad you olde rodent.

OMG, the Ressurection of the Gerbil!! Whats up, MG :)

Is 'OMG' a profession of faith?

I'm just back for a very short visit.... it usually takes me about 8 to 10 posts to get run off. :D

Things are going very well with me and mine.

I hope the same for you and your family.

Hi Mad you olde rodent.

Quickie Question:

I was reading over some old exchristian posts (back years ago) and I ran into some posts

by Rameus where he talks about putting out the 'silver bullet' book to finally slay Christianity.

I was wondering if he had managed to publish that thing yet.

Hi Mad you olde rodent.

Quickie Question:

I was reading over some old exchristian posts (back years ago) and I ran into some posts

by Rameus where he talks about putting out the 'silver bullet' book to finally slay Christianity.

I was wondering if he had managed to publish that thing yet.

Rameus committed board-icide a couple years back. He came on under a pseudonym and pretended to be a christian apologist. I don't remember everything about the incident but he got banned.

Oh bummer.

I kinda liked that old goat.

It made me laugh every time he called me a degenerate.

I also loved his 'ad homid' attacks.

First let me say I think Florduh , Madame M and Jub hit the nails on the head.

My original Intent on "finding God" was literally Finding the One true God. I wanted to worship him the right way. I took the "clues" that spoke to my spirit at the time. You shall know them by their fruits, Ask and you shall receive, I asked for Truth and understanding, Seek and Ye shall find. My intent was to make my faith stronger and more solid, My intent was to find the "right way".. with so many religions how is one to know which one is right? I would have never guessed at the beginning of the journey I would give it up. There were points in my deconversion that I actually threw up. In order for truth to be found it must make sense. Things must be backed up with the brains 'god' gave you End. Everything should fall in line.. it shouldn't be a struggle to believe 'like a child' if all the facts support that belief.

This morning, I was thinking about the possibility of dads death and hell, as dad is a de-converted Christian.

As a Christian to this point, I was wondering if my stay here at ex-c, and subsequent perspective changes, are a preparation for his death.

I realize this puts a God or purpose in the equation, and was wondering if anyone had viewed their de-conversion from that prospective.

As a child who was raised in the Assembly of God with the tormenting movies, The obsession with the end times, death destruction, doom gloom, hell fire and a wrathful god, I can tell you my "non-Saved" father was the only person I thought about. The end times sermons used to put me in full blown panic mode. The thought of such a wonderful man like my dad, this great man suffering and I had no power to stop it was unimaginable pain, grief, stress, and unbearable torment For me. The cults answers was to tell me God would wave his hand in front of my face and I'd never remember my father. I used to pray for god to spare my dad and let me go in his place. I can't even convey how many hours I spent praying for god to save my dad somehow.

Hell is the gun to the head of love me or die. It is battered wives syndrome. The cults encourage you to see yourself worthless and as a nobody without their belief. They beat people down and latch on to their greatest insecurity's of failure, imperfection.. striving to earn a scrap of love at the feet of a tyrant god who you'll never be great enough to serve, you can only do your best and you'll have to beg him to over look your shortcomings.

I detest that Christians used the "Free will" argument. There is no Free will in Abuse, and emotional blackmail. If someone has a gun to your Head (Hell) and say's Love me or Die... You do what ever it takes to spare your life. You are at the mercy of controller of the gun to spare your life. Hell is a gigantic emotional gun to your head. Churches enforce this and are thugs as well. They beat people down, all the while singing the beatings are "love" The beatings are "Truth" the isolation is inclusion... Believe different you'll not only die, but you'll suffer unimaginable horrors.

Find your truth, and don't allow anyone to hold you emotionally hostage. Peace of mind at the end is worth the hell road of finding "god". Once you find truth and understanding these evils and chains of dogma no longer hold you. You're Free... It takes a lot to unlearn indoctrination tho, it's also not easy as growing is sometimes uncomfortable and painful.

Best of luck to you End. :wub:

Wanted ya'll to know that I really felt good today. As I told a few others here, I feel good because I found what is God for me, Love, where I certainly was not expecting it. Found it here at ex-C. My search has taken me through the church box to here, where unfortunately, church box residual stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I also feel I was limiting God and people. I am sincerely glad I have taken the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference....

Still have much to go....thanks again

Ladies and gentleman.... END III

• Super Moderator

Is the End at the beginning?

Is the End at the beginning?

I'm thinking so.

End III,

Love the lord your god with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

If the bible had left out "mind" I would not have been so inquisitive and not searched out answers. I wanted to peel back the layers that 20 centuries of Christianity had piled on Jesus. I wanted to believe and worship as first century Christians did. I dug and found that there was no consensus on who or what Christ was, so I decided that if true worship only included god with no son, then so be it. Digging further, understanding more, I finally realized there was no reason to think that god even exists.

So I deconverted. Simply, easily, and painlessly. Probably one of the few on here for which is was painless. I had no intention at all of deconverting, I really, truly, wanted to "draw close to god so he would draw close to me".

Then I realized that there were things that I never had a problem with and that they have not changed since deconversion:

Dead is dead.

My life is what I make it.

Just because we don't know doesn't mean god did it.

Good coincidences happen. It's not part of "god's plan" when things work out.

Bad shit happens. It is not god testing you nor is satan tempting you.

There was no literal Adam & Eve. Therefore, there was no original sin, so no need for the sacrifice. Besides that, if Jesus is god and god is eternal and unchanging, then he couldn't die, so it was all just a show. Not that it really happened anyway.

End, I may be reading too much into your comments on this thread, but I think you are not just seeing holes in the Jesus story, but you are starting to look out the holes and seeing a whole big bright beautiful world without religion and superstition. As one Texan to another, I stand here ready to welcome you to.....the bright side! :grin:

...thanks again

End,

Receiving thanks (genuine, not superficial, not sarcastic) from a Christian is such a rarity at this site that I want to make note of it. Until and unless it proves otherwise, I take your gratitude as genuine, and I'm sure many or most here would return your "Thanks" with a genuine "You're so very, very welcome!"

End3, best to in your search for the truth...even if it is simply just having a peace by overcoming the embedded fear of hell and still believing in God.

Japedo, I can soooo relate to the type of prayer you were doing...a plea to God for an exchange except it was for my husband and our children who, at the time, were believers. I would be in a state of panic praying and praying, "God please do not punish them for not knowing what they are supposed to do, I'll go to hell and suffer but please do not punish my loved ones. Please do not come yet." Life certainly has been a lot better for us over the past three years since my fanatical years have ended.

Hey end3, There is love here and Im glad you discovered it. Funny thing is when you find it in places or people you didnt think it would be you actually found it in yourself as well.

Its good to be alive!