Goodbye Jesus

Holy Light?

Asimov

I'm sure there is an explanation for it. And if not, it will be discovered someday.

I'm sure there is an explanation for it.  And if not, it will be discovered someday.

Probably. I felt uneasy when all these websites are like "SCIENCE CAN'T EXPLAIN IT!!!" I don't see how that is relevant...science can't explain a lot of things, it doesn't mean it's supernatural.

For my two cents, using phenomenon as an evangelizing/apologetic tool is a double-edge sword, if holyfire.org “proves” something worthy to believe, should one also convert and become a member of Share Int’l and a disciple of Maitreya?

Share home page FYI:

http://www.shareintl.org/

Miracles by Maitreya:

http://www.shareintl.org/background/miracles/MI_main.htm

Edited to add more miracle links:-

The hand of Maitreya

http://www.shareintl.org/maitreya/Ma_approach.htm

Crosses of light

http://www.share-international.org/backgro.../MI_crosses.htm

Patterns of light

http://www.shareintl.org/background/miracles/mi_circles.htm

(Readers apply your own judgment)

Or Paganism, for that matter. I looked into it after I saw an aura.

have you tried posting this site in a chemistry forum? http://www.chemicalforums.com/

Having a blue flame (in story--"It usually has a blue tint...") usually means that lead, copper, (or) arsenic, (or) etc. is present. Oxygen is obviously present, and so is a candle/paper/something that is able to burn. Just need a the fuel and/or(?) ignition temp. (of lead/copper/arsenic maybe?) to see how the flame is actually getting started. I found this sort of interesting: http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cbd/cbd189e.html

I only took a basic chemistry course in college, but we played we played with fire a lot. I'm sure if you asked somebody who studied chemistry, they'd be able to help you out a lot.

have you tried posting this site in a chemistry forum?
Great idea. I wonder if that stone is a meteorite (or has flecks of meteorites embedded in it)?

have you tried posting this site in a chemistry forum? http://www.chemicalforums.com/

Having a blue flame (in story--"It usually has a blue tint...") usually means that lead, copper, (or) arsenic, (or) etc. is present.  Oxygen is obviously present, and so is a candle/paper/something that is able to burn. Just need a the fuel and/or(?) ignition temp. (of lead/copper/arsenic maybe?) to see how the flame is actually getting started.  I found this sort of interesting:  http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cbd/cbd189e.html

I only took a basic chemistry course in college, but we played we played with fire a lot.  I'm sure if you asked somebody who studied chemistry, they'd be able to help you out a lot.

I took a Chemistry class last year in high school, we did a lot of lab work and played with fire a lot. I caugh the table on fire cause the teacher threw a match on the ethyl alcohol and it lit up.

Having a blue flame (in story--"It usually has a blue tint...") usually means that lead, copper, (or) arsenic, (or) etc. is present.  Oxygen is obviously present, and so is a candle/paper/something that is able to burn. Just need a the fuel and/or(?) ignition temp. (of lead/copper/arsenic maybe?) to see how the flame is actually getting started.  I found this sort of interesting:  http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cbd/cbd189e.html

I only took a basic chemistry course in college, but we played we played with fire a lot.  I'm sure if you asked somebody who studied chemistry, they'd be able to help you out a lot.

Would you be able to touch the flame?

people are saying that this happens at easter evey year??

wait wait wait isn't easter a pegan holiday? "Jesus" wasn't killed near easter and besides easter changes evey year. any thoughts on this??

Could be a mass hallucination.

We already smoked (no pun intended) this topic a while back in the debate section.

If you want to read the whole thread, you can. But I'd suggest starting HERE with a post from JP. :HaHa:

Boy oh boy, did we have fun with that one. :grin:

Would you be able to touch the flame?

I can old my finger over a little flame for a few seconds, and I imagine with nerve damage it makes it even easier :) I imagine at the right elevation, moisture in the air, etc. you could (not for a long period of time though), but in the photos/movie it really doesn't show much, and they could've just easily have burnt themselves, they just don't mention it.

I can old my finger over a little flame for a few seconds, and I imagine with nerve damage it makes it even easier :)   I imagine at the right elevation, moisture in the air, etc. you could (not for a long period of time though), but in the photos/movie it really doesn't show much, and they could've just easily have burnt themselves, they just don't mention it.

Or maybe they are so into the whole thing that their mind blocks out the pain.

Asimov,

I don't know if you've taken a look at any of the videos or if you've taken a close look a some of the pictures. If you watch the videos, you will see that these nutballs quickly wave the flame under their faces, or they quickly pass their hands through the flame. NONE of the videos shows ANYONE just standing there and holding their hands or face in the flames for more than a brief second or two.

This Holy Flame thing is something that you can duplicate within the comfort of your own kitchen.

Now, when it comes to the Holy Light thingy, that's a different story. If I remember correctly, Lokmer nearly laughed his ass off when he saw the videos of the Holy Light. That's because he is a film producer who could easily reproduce the Holy Light thingy and (I think) has actually done so before.

The bottom line... It's all a crock of shit too. :shrug:

The bottom line... It's all a crock of shit too.  :shrug:

Well, yea...I was just wondering if anybody had heard of it and knew anything more about it. I couldn't find anything except "OOOOH THE LORD IS GLORIFYING US WITH HIS EVERVESCENCE BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!"

Well, yea...I was just wondering if anybody had heard of it and knew anything more about it.  I couldn't find anything except "OOOOH THE LORD IS GLORIFYING US WITH HIS EVERVESCENCE BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!"

Well then, if you absolutely must see the Holy Flame, and the Flame That Burneth Not, you might want to take a look at my post HERE. :HaHa:

(I hope you haven't seen it yet. :HaHa: )

Mind over matter/body? Haha, I wish I could do that. Too bad I'm too chicken shit :-/

Well, yea...I was just wondering if anybody had heard of it and knew anything more about it. I couldn't find anything except "OOOOH THE LORD IS GLORIFYING US WITH HIS EVERVESCENCE BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!"

haha, well, it just seems like spontanous ignition. On the second link I posted, I found this tid-bit interesting:

Materials Subject to Spontaneous Ignition

Examples of materials that have a tendency to ignite spontaneously are listed below. Additional examples may be found in the literature1,2.

Rags that are contaminated with vegetable or animal oil are susceptible.

christians are crazy with onoiting stuff in oil! watch out for slippery floors...

The bottom line... It's all a crock of shit too.

I agree, but I'm curious with the science behind it even if it's all video/camera tricks. I'm a pyro, what can I say? I'd like to duplicate this without the use of matches! *tee hee*

• 1 month later...
Guest queen annie

I had heard of this a while back--definitely it's some sort of parlor trick. I read something once that did actually explain it, and while my feeble mind can't recall the details, I do know it was something chemical and natural in it's mechanism---perhaps (as crazy as it might or might not sound) it had something to do with that rock, for real! I'm sorry I can't remember the details, but I do remember the article being quite rational. I must find it and post a link, because I think it was on the internet that I ran across it.

What I find most wierd about the whole thing is that the 'orthodox' church is supposedly 'the' authority, blah blah blah--yet their claim to fame parlor trick is something that, if I had been the one choosing, I would have opted to skip--it actually says in the bible something about that very thing--being a parlor trick and deception--Revelation 13:13. 'Making fire come down from heaven in the sight of men.' Certainly fits the bill.

So is it like they don't read their bibles? Or do they think no one else does? Or is it even more perversely ignorant than that? No one suggested, 'Hey, let's at least pick a 'miracle' not associated with 'the beast' already'????

I don't know if this is posted somewhere..I haven't read the original thread yet..but, my ex used to light up his hands with lighter fluid. And they were blue flames. And..he never got burned either.

I won't say how he did it, because someone might try it and get hurt..but..it looked kinda cool..flames on his fingertips. Especially after some good drugs, lol..

Also..isopropal alcohol burns blue.

You know how you burn off the remains of alcohol in say a whiskey bottle? Little flames dancing around? Imagine..one of those large glass water bottles..in a dark room..with blue flames dancing in it..

No one try this please! :nono: It could explode, but hey, we didn't know any better at the time..(see reference above to drugs, but it was the late 70's, so what can I say? :shrug: )

• 7 months later...

Well, from what I know of Christianity, it can't be possible that Eastern Orthodoxy is a true Christian faith. They are so absolutely riddled with images, idolatry and false doctrine. Eastern Orthodoxy also claims that this miracle only occurs when the orthodox patriarch enters into the tomb; catholic or other branches of orthodoxy do not illicit the miracle. Eastern Orthodoxy is very demonic. If anything, it is a miracle being produced by satan.

Since when was Christ crucified and buried in the same spot? Didn't Joseph take His Body away from The Cross, and bury him somewhere else? How, then, could that be the site of the death, burial and Resurrection of Christ?

Eastern Orthodoxy is very demonic. If anything, it is a miracle being produced by satan.
Did you even bother to click on the link to the massive thread that we had about this a while back?

This ain't no miracle.

Click on the link and watch the videos for yourself. Their "Holy Light" is simply people lighting other people's candles or strobe light flashing.

It has nothing to do with a "miracle being produced by satan". But it has much to do with a scam job that lures in thousands of gullible people.

Kind of like any religion, actually. :shrug:

Well, from what I know of Christianity, it can't be possible that Eastern Orthodoxy is a true Christian faith. They are so absolutely riddled with images, idolatry and false doctrine. Eastern Orthodoxy also claims that this miracle only occurs when the orthodox patriarch enters into the tomb; catholic or other branches of orthodoxy do not illicit the miracle. Eastern Orthodoxy is very demonic.

Sheesh. Do you get worked up for other denominations or what? Eastern Orthdoxy is much older than protestantism. It's closer to the original Christians than the fundamentalist churches of today. So if they are so wrong, then where did you think your religion came from? The Eastern broke of from the Roman 1000 years ago. Who are you to say they are wrong, and you are right? Maybe it's reversed and you're wrong and they're right? Can they call you demonic too?

From what I remember in my days as Christian, we had crosses, which is an image too. Tell me where in the Bible it tells us to use the symbol of a cross in our church? And about doctrines, there's 37,000 different denominations of Christians in this world, who has the authority to say which doctrine is right or wrong? You? Your pastor? You little cult? Some author that wrote a book everyone loves in your church? It's time for you to wake up and realize that you could be the one that doesn't have the right faith.

You said it yourself, that you have started to doubt your faith.

Sheesh. Do you get worked up for other denominations or what? Eastern Orthdoxy is much older than protestantism. It's closer to the original Christians than the fundamentalist churches of today. So if they are so wrong, then where did you think your religion came from? The Eastern broke of from the Roman 1000 years ago. Who are you to say they are wrong, and you are right? Maybe it's reversed and you're wrong and they're right? Can they call you demonic too?

From what I remember in my days as Christian, we had crosses, which is an image too. Tell me where in the Bible it tells us to use the symbol of a cross in our church? And about doctrines, there's 37,000 different denominations of Christians in this world, who has the authority to say which doctrine is right or wrong? You? Your pastor? You little cult? Some author that wrote a book everyone loves in your church? It's time for you to wake up and realize that you could be the one that doesn't have the right faith.

You said it yourself, that you have started to doubt your faith.

Well-said. Orthodoxy is far older than Protestantism, and therefore has more authenticity, no? Either way, there is no Satan, so there are no miracles of Satan.

This Holy Fire business has about as much credibility as the Shroud of Turin. Looks great, but there are ways to explain it, if you search enough. That's part of why the Shroud and the Fire are so widely promoted - they are great parlor tricks that win over the common people. Most common folks don't have time to sift through religious discussions and proofs and such, and many don't care to, so a few tricks like this is a great way to keep cultists in the fold. If it isn't a trick, then why isn't it more widely promoted than it is now, ie, why isn't this the flag the Orthodox church waves the highest?

Because it's a trick that needs to be replicated in a controlled environment. Much like the Shroud can't be whipped out all the time, because people would be better able to expose it then if it's kept hidden all the time. Besides, the Holah Babble says nothing about needing or using such things to trick new cultists into the fold, so where does that leave all these tricks?