Goodbye Jesus

How Will You Celebrate The Demise Of Abrahamism?

MesaGman

With the eventual demise of religion, and the promotion of science.... As the church continues to embaress itself with scandal, after scandal, after scandal. And as new evidence is brought to light about false teachings of the church direct from contra dictionary church scriptures, or films like Zeitgheist.. The church is dying a slow and painful death. just like the Infamous Suharto! or Gordon B Hinckley... or even Pope John Paul II.

When the church makes one last dying fart, (as do old dictators like JP2, or Pinochet), and other child killing monsters like them, how will you celebrate? where do you envision yourself being 5 or 10 or 15 years now (if we're lucky)... as the last mosque, last temple, and last church and last synagog close their doors for the last time??

Describe that moment.......

As for me.... I hear it on the news, or radio, that Athiesm or Agnosticism has grown to 99.9% of the population. I will do the running on the spot dance (aka, if there was a hell, the assholes who promote this deadly lie, will go there). But I plan to just go to work the next day, knowing happily that my tax money can finally be used on important things, like not harboring child molestors and genocidical maniacs (through church exempt taxes). I'll treat that day like any other day. lol. Why give the church any more thought. Later in the day. I will go to my Stem Cell rejuvination appointment, and zap my body healthy, to take back the years stolen by the church. To pay for crusaides, to pay and support the church (again, church exempt from taxes), never will I have to be bothered at my door by pimply, smelly, greasy faced missionaries.

But it'll just be another work day. lol. Ouch Cold!

What will you guys do?

The demise of Abrahamism... what a gorgeous turn of phrase.

I would (and will) celebrate the demise of the once-monolithic behemoth on that day the way I celebrate it personally every day now: I will think, feel and live every moment FREE of the restraints on my heart and mind that religion once demanded.

Christians and their ilk must realize that the age of fear, presided over by mago-priests with 'supernatural powers' ended a long time ago. They and their friends have simply been coming to the hospice to visit a sick and rapidly deteriorating old granny with not the least chance that the old bag will recover and thrive again. It's only a matter of time.

I love the sentiment of the original post, and I submit to all of you: don't wait! Celebrate today! It really is all we have.

It is not just christianity that needs to be taken from power, but all religion. Note that I say "taken from power" not erradicated.

Since the first caveman started worshiping the sun, to todays wide spread zealots of a "faiths", religion has been around a *very* long time. Just like it is foolish for them to predict the end-times, so it is for us, predicting the end of religion. I don't see it happening in our lifetimes, and should it?

Religion, in *very* moderate doses, could be acceptable, much like "astrology" and the like are acceptable. You find pretty much ZERO bomb-toting, sign or bullhorn carrying astrologers, so should the religious.

The really BIG problem resides in the "teachings" of religion. Like a self-replicating computer virus, encoded inside religion is commands to replicate (make more followers, *save* them). That's the meat of it, without these "commands" it would not be such a problem. Also the commands to impose their *laws* and morals onto others outside their faith keeps it going.

Perhaps one day it will fall subject to evolve, and remove it's hate and self replicating means, during that time frame, if I were alive, I would celebrate!

There will just be one more asshole trying to take up where they left off.

To true im afraid. Even so, i do think there will be a day when America will break free of the christian chains that currently hold us down. It does get better with the progression of time. Look how it was in 1908, then compare that to 1808. Just imagine if somebody from that time period saw how it was today. They'd sure think we'd come a long way. We can only hope this trend will continue, hopefully at an ever increasing accelerated pace.

To true im afraid. Even so, i do think there will be a day when America will break free of the christian chains that currently hold us down. It does get better with the progression of time. Look how it was in 1908, then compare that to 1808. Just imagine if somebody from that time period saw how it was today. They'd sure think we'd come a long way. We can only hope this trend will continue, hopefully at an ever increasing accelerated pace.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. My view of the matter is that the fervor of religion has dramatically increased over that time period. See this article. He's not alone in his position.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. My view of the matter is that the fervor of religion has dramatically increased over that time period. See this article. He's not alone in his position.

I (quickly) skimmed the article and I have to agree with the parts I read. Enlightenment has fallen on hard times. :(

mwc

I agree. Religious fervor has ebbed and flowed over the few centuries that this American culture has been around.

What i'm trying to say is what do you think someone from Puritan times would think of the religious state that exists today? Surely they wouldn't be happy with how far church and state have become seperated. There once was a time when religion dominated everything, but as scince advanced that started to change. The church used to hold sway in politics, science, education, everything. Now look at it. Yes, you have people trying to get intelligent design taught in schools and people trying to keep the ten commandments hung up on court room walls, but this is a far cry from how it once was.

I really think that the only way religion will end is when humankind ceases to exist, whenever that will be. Considering that gigantic reptiles with a pea-sized intellects thrived for millions of years prior to us, I am willing to bet that we will thrive longer than the dinosaurs ever did since our intellects are vastly larger.

Of course, this is speculation only. I can see why HereticZero's "asshole theory" shall still be viable for the foreseeable future.

but with Catholism dying in South America, as more professionals are being educated, and can help develop their countries, won't people see that it wasn't a grace from God, but hard work and sacrifice to slowly rebuild after right winged religious dictators screwed everything up? They legalized gay marriage in Spain. That's a GOOD sign, seeing that it was run by a facist christian overlord, who many freedom fighters from around the world tried to stop.

In Europe, the church is dying out. I think as the years go by, and technologly improves the lives and health of others, as more diseases are wiped out. (Stem Cells would be a big step, and banning toxic crap) surly people would see that it was through their effort, that they eliminated stuff like high infant mortality... etc. no? Like 10 years from now in 2018, there would be more medical miracles right now. That the church had no hand in..... Like I know that my life span would be widened by a large margin, as nutritionists are studying what exactly in our food repairs what in the body. (remember BRIGHT fruit= very very good).

I would like to donate my professional paycheck to destroy Juviniel diabetes, and give to the lung and heart foundation.....

>>> from 1950-2000, since the invention of the integrated Circuit, we've progressed, everything we've learned is obsolete in a year.

but with Catholism dying in South America, as more professionals are being educated, and can help develop their countries, won't people see that it wasn't a grace from God, but hard work and sacrifice to slowly rebuild after right winged religious dictators screwed everything up? They legalized gay marriage in Spain. That's a GOOD sign, seeing that it was run by a facist christian overlord, who many freedom fighters from around the world tried to stop.

In Europe, the church is dying out. I think as the years go by, and technologly improves the lives and health of others, as more diseases are wiped out. (Stem Cells would be a big step, and banning toxic crap) surly people would see that it was through their effort, that they eliminated stuff like high infant mortality... etc. no? Like 10 years from now in 2018, there would be more medical miracles right now. That the church had no hand in..... Like I know that my life span would be widened by a large margin, as nutritionists are studying what exactly in our food repairs what in the body. (remember BRIGHT fruit= very very good).

I would like to donate my professional paycheck to destroy Juviniel diabetes, and give to the lung and heart foundation.....

I think your sentiments are correct, which means that it will likely take even longer for the church to die out here in the United States. I think what seperate the American Christians from the European Christians is that Christianity was never imposed on us by the state, which I think makes people more unwilling to give up their convictions. If you tell us to stop, we are going to throw up the finger on the left hand and point a gun at you with the right because our freedoms are being violated. Here, religion has been an inherent part of the national character since 1492, 1585, 1607 or 1620 (or whichever inception date one finds convenient) and that set of cards will be played for another few decades at least. Our candidates are still pandering to religious groups because to not do so is political suicide. Considering that the megachurch movement and the other motions are keeping Christianity viable, this nation may be one of the last to have Christianity thrown into a coffin.

What i'm trying to say is what do you think someone from Puritan times would think of the religious state that exists today? Surely they wouldn't be happy with how far church and state have become seperated. There once was a time when religion dominated everything, but as scince advanced that started to change. The church used to hold sway in politics, science, education, everything. Now look at it. Yes, you have people trying to get intelligent design taught in schools and people trying to keep the ten commandments hung up on court room walls, but this is a far cry from how it once was.

The great-grandchildren of the pilgrims became wealthy and lapsed away from the old ways. Prosperity has a way of doing that to a people.

And do you think someone like Thomas Jefferson could ever get elected President today? Or FDR, for that matter?

]

I think your sentiments are correct, which means that it will likely take even longer for the church to die out here in the United States. I think what seperate the American Christians from the European Christians is that Christianity was never imposed on us by the state, which I think makes people more unwilling to give up their convictions. If you tell us to stop, we are going to throw up the finger on the left hand and point a gun at you with the right because our freedoms are being violated. Here, religion has been an inherent part of the national character since 1492, 1585, 1607 or 1620 (or whichever inception date one finds convenient) and that set of cards will be played for another few decades at least. Our candidates are still pandering to religious groups because to not do so is political suicide. Considering that the megachurch movement and the other motions are keeping Christianity viable, this nation may be one of the last to have Christianity thrown into a coffin.

>>> But it is happening though... Many young Americans, avoid the Neo-Con agenda like a plague, view Christians are nutty nutters that scream weird sounds. Christians are often used as satire material for their Hippocratic nature, of being loving-unloving bi polar, or just plain thieves. So maybe it'll take longer for Christianity to die in America, but it surly is... Won't happen in our life times, but... we might certainly see once mighty congregations atrophy to the status of wacky grunge cults.... you know the ones we hardly hear about, or pass out photocopied material... This is a good thing. Sooo donate to science and research to cure diseases, to help promote the renaissance. or if you're bold enough, become a scientist, or great dooer, and get involved in some way.

As long as people keep dying I don't think we'll see them disappear any time soon. Funerals fuel the fires

>>> But it is happening though... Many young Americans, avoid the Neo-Con agenda like a plague, view Christians are nutty nutters that scream weird sounds. Christians are often used as satire material for their Hippocratic nature, of being loving-unloving bi polar, or just plain thieves. So maybe it'll take longer for Christianity to die in America, but it surly is... Won't happen in our life times, but... we might certainly see once mighty congregations atrophy to the status of wacky grunge cults.... you know the ones we hardly hear about, or pass out photocopied material... This is a good thing. Sooo donate to science and research to cure diseases, to help promote the renaissance. or if you're bold enough, become a scientist, or great dooer, and get involved in some way.

I agree totally, yet I wish it would die sooner as every other ex-C might hope it so. Still, it is really hard not to be pessemistic about the entire shebang. The political pundits are still waxing about how a wacked out minister affected the chances of a presidential candidate over a week after the story broke, which tells me that a paradigm shift is badly needed and soon hopefully. Hopefully, the other shoe will drop and the Christians will become the Morlocks they once were and they stay underground. On the day that occurs, I think I'll crack open a six-pack and watch the sunset on my rooftop. That is how I shall celebrate the death of Abrahamism.

IMO the only way that will see the demise of Abrahamism (meaning Christianity, Islam and Judaism) is if there is some catastrophic global event (i.e. meteor strike, supervolcano eruption, biological agent, war, etc.) that wipes out the majority of the human population and disables it. Basically we would have to be sent back to the dark ages to re-evolve without it. If religion is a meme so easily replicated from person to person and from one generation to the next then the only cure is if those minds go away. Abrahamism might change over time in the context of social evolution to be something different than it is now (which may mean it either gets more liberal - or even more fundamentalist depending on who is in power) but I don't ever see it going away. Sorry. :shrug:

I don't see it happening before I'm old and gray, personally, unless some major discovery is made that changes the world as we know it. Even then, the fundies will still say "it's a test" and similar things.

I don't aspire to live long enough to see the death of the unholy trinity of Judaism,Christianity and Islam. However I do recognize I am witness to their death throes and I must say its not a surprise. There's nothing holy about self-deprecating fictions that emotionally blackmail people into setting aside self respect and intelligence by accepting they'll be better people when they're dead if they just worship the thing that made them into damned and lesser beings while alive.

What will you guys do?

That's a great question. I think it will take a very long time for the religious meme to work its way out of human nature. Hopefully evolution will eradicate it as completely as tails and gills! However, if I am alive on the day that the news proclaims that 99% percent of the world considers itself to be un-religious or having no beliefs in god, I would immediately build a huge radio transmitter and start beaming a new message to the rest of the universe: "Its ok, you can come out now! We are cured!!!!!"

:)

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

That answer made my day.dunany77

What will you guys do?

That's a great question. I think it will take a very long time for the religious meme to work its way out of human nature. Hopefully evolution will eradicate it as completely as tails and gills! However, if I am alive on the day that the news proclaims that 99% percent of the world considers itself to be un-religious or having no beliefs in god, I would immediately build a huge radio transmitter and start beaming a new message to the rest of the universe: "Its ok, you can come out now! We are cured!!!!!"

:)

>>> I think It would resemble the scene on the remix of Star wars 6. Where the citizens of the republic was celebrating in the streets of Corusaunt, and they blew up a statue of Palpatine....

So Dunany what do you think the Universe's response?

I was thinking of doing that project. build a giant night club, with a sattelite, that plays Ambient music, and ironically monk chanting, (when done right, they make good material for far out Rave "space music"). beam up animal sounds designed for music, like Cats singing.... or Dani California, or Californication, or really fun Aqua like music. But that's a pipe dream.. It keeps me going these dreams. I like that song "Right on Time" with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's a a good song. Like the club patrons, can use their thoughts, as energy "vibrations", or at least think they are.... as part of the club's stishk.

I don't aspire to live long enough to see the death of the unholy trinity of Judaism,Christianity and Islam. However I do recognize I am witness to their death throes and I must say its not a surprise. There's nothing holy about self-deprecating fictions that emotionally blackmail people into setting aside self respect and intelligence by accepting they'll be better people when they're dead if they just worship the thing that made them into damned and lesser beings while alive.

So how do you feel to be witnessing the decline of these Abrahamic cults? You do recognize you are witnessing the gurgling death throes, as Donald Rumsfield would say..... how does it feel?

Abrahamism is more deadlier than Aum Shinriko cult, as they were unsuccessful to start their Armeggedon like war. Christianity and Islam had 2000 years to start all sorts of wars. Aum couldn't even start one. Aum has disappeared to a small secluded communities, living away from Japanese society in crappy apartments. I long for the day, Christian churches shink to that size and that regard in the public's mind.