Goodbye Jesus

Out Of Body Experiences

Guest Freepagan

Guest Freepagan

Lately I've been interested in astral projection. I know that it's possible. How can I achieve this?

If you have astrally projected, feel free to share your experience.

• Super Moderator

How do you know it's possible?

Last time I astral projected I wound up in Madonna's diaphragm. Talk about a friggin experience! You have to be careful with this stuff!

I happen to think it doesn't have anything to do with a soul, and still hold out the possibility that it might be real. I read a book that said you could use astral projection to possess another person, but if you stayed in that person's body longer than 2 hours, you might be trapped there.

Join the space program for starters.

Find a way into the G force trainer, and have them turn it all the way up until you pass out.

NASA has discovered that when Astronauts reached high enough G levels, cutting off the flow of blood to the brain and knocking the men out cold, about 20% of them reported having near death, or out of body type experiences.

It's kind of like when you turn off your computer, and it has to boot up for a moment to come back on.

I think it was a subject of Bullshit with Penn and Teller.

What is astral projection and how do you know that it's possible? (Echoing florduh)

Lately I've been interested in astral projection. I know that it's possible. How can I achieve this?

Hi Free. I think its real, but I am just curious as to why you are interested in doing this.

• Super Moderator

I remember back in the '60s (the drug decade!) a lot of people became interested in this topic of astral projection/NDE.

At that time several doctors from around the world put signs on top of tall cabinets, etc. which were out of sight from floor level. They were looking for some NDE to identify a specific target to prove that his consciousness had left his body and "floated" above the room (almost all claimed that floating experience and looking down on the room).

Well, more than 40 years has passed since this continuing experiment started. No luck yet.

I'm wondering how many decades of failure it will take before this notion is put to rest.

In my best Temptations: "just my imagination, running away with me." ;)

Turn off a certain part of your brain and sensations and allow yourself to "float." Go wherever it takes you. I never heard about the signs-on-top-of-hospital-cabinets experiment but it sure sounds convincing. Extreme stress--physical or emotional--can do it. I am convinced that all these mysterious things we experience and encounter in our mystical moments come from within the psyche. I've had so many of them that I cannot begin to describe them all. Frankly, I don't know what astral projection is. What I experience is more like a unification with the universe. Or in times of extreme stress, it's more like an out-of-the-body experience in that I feel like I'm watching myself from outside my body. My personal opinion is that all of this happens inside my own skull and psyche.

It's basically depersonalization/derealization. It's happened to me, and it wasn't a spiritual thing. I don't recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my former pagan days i looked in to Astrial Projection/ bi-location. I have read various reports form sources both conspiracy theory and supposedly true form Reader's digest about special psy-ops over the years. I dont think it is far fetched to think that *someone* out there is seeking a way to harness our mental powers fo their own ends.

But as far as i got into it, i dont belive i achieved truly out of body. What i did achieve was more of a mental projection. An awareness only projection. And i did mental excersies where i would visaullise geting out of my body, looking down on it, and walking the steps of my house.

All i can say for what i used to practice is that it taught me to focus and direct my mental awareness and discipline toward a task. I may or may not have had a psychic experience but my efforts helped me in the area of mental control, and to learning to control my imagination.

Which later prooved usefull in dealing with the stupid thoughts of bi-polar depression that plauge me form time to time. SO at best ..i gained self taught copeing mechinisums with skillfull pretending.

Guest Zenobia

I tried to do it once. Was laying on my back and was in a half-awake-half-asleep state . I remember my eyes kept rolling up into my head. Then I felt like I was going to leave my body. It was a bizarre feeling - almost like falling - except falling UP. Scared me shitless. I had this sudden thought WHAT IF I CAN'T GET BACK INTO MY BODY - and instantly came out of it. Never tried it again.

I agree with others who said it happens inside your head.

I've been able to have "lucid dreams" as well - usually in the early morning when I am still mostly asleep, yet peripherally aware of the world around me. Then I start controlling my dreams, almost like I'm writing a book. I just had one this morning - it must have gone on for a good half hour. It was like a movie. Now that I'm fully awake, and consciously dissecting the dream, I can see it has major plot holes and bad writing. LOL. But I was conscious that I was dreaming and I was directing the story my dream told. Just don't think I'll try to sell it to any Hollywood producers right away!

• 2 weeks later...

my dog had an astral projection this afternoon, but my wife quickly cleaned it up

Yeah man, like yeah, like I’ve had an out of body experience and like astrally projected and stuff. Man I was like smoking this chronic one time right, and I like tripped out man. And I like floated through the roof and stuff man. And I was like looking down at the house from up in the sky man. Man, it was trippy.

Guest Zenobia
Yeah man, like yeah, like I’ve had an out of body experience and like astrally projected and stuff. Man I was like smoking this chronic one time right, and I like tripped out man. And I like floated through the roof and stuff man. And I was like looking down at the house from up in the sky man. Man, it was trippy.

Yeah man and what's totally freaky - is how I totally know someone who talks like that! And I mean for real, dude.

astral projection, here's my method, but i wouldn't recommend it:

develop some large cavities. Go to the dentist to get them filled. Make sure to tell the dentist you would like to do it without novacaine. Then shut your eyes tightly, as you squeeze all feeling and consciousness into that little corner of your brain away from the pulsating pain and the whine of the drill. Eventually as you rise up out of your squirming body you can peer at yourself being poked full of holes.

if you are more talented than i, perhaps you can take over the dentists' body and make him or her force some damn painkiller into your gums instead.

• 3 months later...

Its strange that you asked a serious question and get made fun of and so on but whatever.

I choked once and then got real numb, I felt myself rising out of my body and couldnt feel the body any longer, I got real scared and focused all my attention back into my "self' then I was back and able to stop choking, I remember being above myself.....Ic ant prove it in a laboratory but so what??

a few years later during a serious time of stress I tried to envision myself going back to my old house and I started spinning, like being on a ride at Six Flags...it got faster and faster then I was flying (floating) down my old street, I landed on the yard and was looking around noticing things i had forgotten, the spinning was frightening and I was hearing whooshing sounds in my ears and i popped back into reality I guess, i did this over and over, maybe 4 or 5 more times, sometimes I would get too afraid to keep going but 3 times I ended up in the view of my old house.

My father died on the operating table when he was 12 and he remembers floating away, losing touch with negative feelings like missing his family and says that he bgean to feel this true happiness, he remembers the tops of buildings and things. He told me this after I had my experience, and hes not a liar or a fool so whatever happened to him was real enough to make sense to him.

Of course anybody can say this was all in our heads but strange, i cant seem to make my head do anything, like get out of depression, anxiety, or even concentrate sometimes, why would this broken down head of mine be able to do anything special, or anybody else for that reason like what is described in NDEs, OOBEs and Astral projection, with all we know from quantum physics and everythign today, I would think peopel would take the body of literature on the subject seriously and not scoff at it.

Ive never heard of this experiment Florduh is speaking of and i happen to highly value his opinion on this forum but simple disregard and citing some "experiment" that may or may not be valid, i mean, how do we know this isnt some bad information?? Its just not enough to say it isnt or cant be true, what about other "experiments' that show just the opposite?? I dont have links for much, I havent looked into that stuff for a couple years but there was one that was done a while back with deathbed patients to see if when they die, they lose any weight, the theory postulated was that a sould must have matter and therefore be measurable.....

And what about the Remote Viewing going on? Or the countless testimonies of doctors, nurses, orderlies etc. who claim to see a flash or spark leaving the forehead region of peopel who have died??

My advice would be to make some rules for yourself so you dont get sucked into believing bullshit like we all did with Xtianity and then go talk to people who believe or have information to support this Astral Projection, study it for a while, then take the time to PM Florduh and other naysayers so you can get some feedback and make an informed decision.....

We all want some hope and i am finding myself searching for many things these days, hopefully I made a little sense. I am kinda out of it...new meds.....I will try and find that link about the deathbed experiments.

I looked up the story but all I find now is all sorts of shit where people agree and disagree about the deathbed experiments, its just like Protestantism, you can find what you want for anything and you can refute anything...all with the same information, so theres no use in me putting up the link, humanity is funny in the way it can find reasons to believe or disbelieve anything and everything, then sometimes after decades, centuries or millenia we can somehow "PROVE" something and then the tide changes, e.g. copernicus, galileo, koeppler...etc., the greatest minds in the world on both sides swayed thousands, millions of people for or against and only now, with NASA et al.'s photography and footage do we have a handle on the truth and EVEN THEN we are believing, taking on faith that the information is true and not doctored, etc..

Try to find some credible types of people who can talk to you about astralprojection, NDEs, OOBEs and make your decision. This world and this Universe, and Life, as horrible as it can be, is very strange and wonderful and full of surprises, and NOTHING is as it seems.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Well if you think about the science of the body, vision is light transformed by lens in the eye, like a camara on the retina. The signal is transmitted to your brain via a nerve. The light is processed and focused by the eye. So, how can an astral you, which has no eyes, nor brain to process the data, even be remotely close to possible? How could you "see" anything?

However, we do have vivid imaginations, and it is proven humans halucinate.

So which is more likely to be true, some people having hulcinations due to drugs, near death, things that effect the mind dramatically, or real dis-embodiment?

If you have to think over that question longer then 10 seconds you have a real problem with descerning reality from illusion...

I’ve had numerous feelings of déjà vu, but have never had an out-of-body experience. I am, however, extremely enthusiastic about in-the-body experiences!

I've tried to perform astral projection before and have failed miserably at it. Just never was something I was all that good at. I've gotten close, but it took a fairly intense meditative state, and when I hit the point where it felt like I was about to "slip" out of my body, well, it kind of snapped my concentration. I'd be ready for a fairly disruptive feeling.

The only other thing that has come close for me as an OBE had to do with a virtual reality system and being in there for a fairly long time. It's pretty disorienting when you come out, has to do with the eyes and ears being tricked and suddenly switching back to meatspace.

• Super Moderator
:58: What noob said!

Well if you think about the science of the body, vision is light transformed by lens in the eye, like a camara on the retina. The signal is transmitted to your brain via a nerve. The light is processed and focused by the eye. So, how can an astral you, which has no eyes, nor brain to process the data, even be remotely close to possible? How could you "see" anything?

1) Either we have a soul or we dont.

2) If we have a soul, it can either A) See without a physical eye into our plane, or B) It can not see without a physical eye in this plane.

It is widely believed that the soul has senses just as the body does, the body only replicates the functions of the soul on this plane of existence.

However, we do have vivid imaginations, and it is proven humans halucinate.

So which is more likely to be true, some people having hulcinations due to drugs, near death, things that effect the mind dramatically, or real dis-embodiment?

Both are possible, I cant tell you which is more likely......but why are the average accounts basically the same...lifting out of the body, feelings of euphoria, floating away, seeing a white light and/or tunnel, seeing relatives that have passed, meeting up with some divine being etc., is it more likely everybody's brain is hallucinating the same things in the cases of NDEs and OOBEs?? Or is it more likely that some are hallucinating and some are actually leaving the body??

These are kind of open ended questions that dont lead you anywhere, but i can see your points here

If you have to think over that question longer then 10 seconds you have a real problem with descerning reality from illusion...

Youre spinning on an earth that is spinning around the sun that is spinning around another center which is spinning arund another center.....and yet you remain sitting if you sit, standing if you stand. Matter isnt solid but it feels solid. We actually see upside down but the brain converts the image.....

There are tons of things that are "illusory" in this life....doesnt make them not real