Goodbye Jesus

What's most important to you?

Guest ElGuapo

Guest ElGuapo

Someone at work asked me this question today and it caused me to think anout it. Honestly, I would have to say that money is the most important thing in the world to me. What would you say is most important to you?

My friends and family. Because without them, what do you really have? Money may be important, but what if the stock market crashed, or someone hacked into your bank account at the same time that you lost your job? You'd be devastated, but at least you'd still have your friends to lean on for emotional support while you looked for a new job and dealt with the cops and identity theft people.

Guest ElGuapo
My friends and family.  Because without them, what do you really have?  Money may be important, but what if the stock market crashed, or someone hacked into your bank account at the same time that you lost your job?  You'd be devastated, but at least you'd still have your friends to lean on for emotional support while you looked for a new job and dealt with the cops and identity theft people.

I can see your point, but honestly, I'd be completely happy if I had no firends or family but I was well off. They say money can't buy you happiness, but I think that's bs. Money makes me extremely happy. I've always found more satisfaction in things than people. I tend to get bored of people very easily whether family or friends.

Whatever floats your boat...

My "family" and time. Family being mainly my mom and my friends Matt and John =)

My kids, definately. They're everything to me. But, money is a close second. Just think of the nice big house I could have with bedrooms for both my kids. And not living at my mom's because my ex is still in our house. Bahstid!

Technology.

I don't need to be rich yet don't judge those that have skillz in money. But I want a taste of Tech as it advances. Tech is everything.

It's cliche, but family, friends and health would top my list.

Here's the list in order of what is most important to me:

1. Me

2. My wife

3. My kids

4. Money, decent work, House, Food etc

5. Our dogs

6. Entertainment, relaxation

99. boring stuff like paying bills etc

Important stuff, in no particular order:

--my health

--my wiener dog :wub:

--my spouse :yum:

--my best friend J

--my sister

--making art

My friends, my writing, and music - nothing else in this world matters.

Hummmm.

Why is this such a hard one for me?

I think happiness is what is most important to me.

So what makes me happy?

I guess the health and happiness of those I most want to share my life with...my lady, my boys, my parents, my friends.

My family.

My ability to think.

My ability to live a (relatively) normal life.

My cat. :grin:

Important stuff, in no particular order:

--my health

--my wiener dog :wub:

--my spouse  :yum:

--my best friend J

--my sister

--making art

Your priorities are a little skewed there, gwen. Every wienerdogowner should put their Dachshund first!

My first priority is Thor the Thundering Wiener of Death (aka Thoryoulittlebastard).

yawn.jpg

followed distantly by priorities such as my wife, my independence (such as it is), and maybe freedom of concience.

A life that means something. I'm just going through a phase where I feel a great need to make plans and gear up to do something that will actually matter outside of my life, and beyond it. Delusions of grandeur perhaps ;) . But I think I'd be proud one day to marry and have some children to raise.

Intelligence is the most important thing in the world to me; the ability to percieve and therefore appreciate the world around me based upon reasoned analysis.

I am unable to put all my eggs in one basket and pick something so important to me that having it would be worth losing everything else.

Fortunately, I don't have to choose.

The most important thing to me is my brain and the nervous system through which I communicate to the outside world.

All other things come via that. My brain generates money through skills and creativity, makes friends, communicates with loved ones, etc etc etc.

If we're going to break it down like that, that's it.

Life before death.

I believe in life before death.

In a nutshell what's most important to me -- To live life to its fullest, to learn from mistakes as I go, to recognize and realize my potential, to build my dreams and where I can repair breaches between people, to love people like they ought to be loved, defend justice and help protect and arm the weak and the downtrodden, to live the rest of my life with no regrets.

My kids have to be first on my list.

I am most important to me - though I'll set my own safety aside for the people closest to me.

So, I'd have to say, people are the most important to me. I get lonely easily, and when I'm lonely, I get... well... paranoid and a little crazy. I have to be around people, or have something involving people (like a TV show or a CD) in the background.

And, right up with "people" are my senses - especially seeing and hearing. If I lost those, then I would lose my three most important means of connecting with, and being connected to, reality - my sight, my hearing, and my voice. Without those, I would be lost, and may as well be dead.

Money isn't so important to me. Sure, I'd like to have more of it - but what use is money if you've got no one but yourself to spend it on? Eventually, you'd get bored, you know. Even all the nice cars and pretty baubles in the world... they're all meaningless if there's no one there to share them with.

Guest ElGuapo
I

Money isn't so important to me. Sure, I'd like to have more of it - but what use is money if you've got no one but yourself to spend it on? Eventually, you'd get bored, you know. Even all the nice cars and pretty baubles in the world... they're all meaningless if there's no one there to share them with.

For me it's the other way around. I often find myself avoiding people because I tend to get bored of them quite easily. But give me money and soemthing interesting to spend it on and I'll entertain myself for days!

For me it's the other way around. I often find myself avoiding people because I tend to get bored of them quite easily. But give me money and soemthing interesting to spend it on and I'll entertain myself for days!

Oh, I don't deny that money can keep one entertained for days on end. But, eventually... Doesn't it seem kind of pointless? It's like going hunting, getting that fifty-point buck you've been stalking for weeks, and not having your buddies around to brag and show off to. It would, to me at least, start to feel pretty hollow after a while.

:shrug: Then again, like I said... I can't tolerate being alone, so...

Guest ElGuapo
Oh, I don't deny that money can keep one entertained for days on end. But, eventually... Doesn't it seem kind of pointless? It's like going hunting, getting that fifty-point buck you've been stalking for weeks, and not having your buddies around to brag and show off to. It would, to me at least, start to feel pretty hollow after a while.

:shrug: Then again, like I said... I can't tolerate being alone, so...

Maybe it's because I was an only child. Made me spoiled and use to being alone.