Goodbye Jesus

What's most important to you?

Guest ElGuapo

For me it's the other way around. I often find myself avoiding people because I tend to get bored of them quite easily. But give me money and soemthing interesting to spend it on and I'll entertain myself for days!

I feel the same way. I don't need other people to validate my feelings, and I find that most times they do the opposite. I could entertain myself for a lifetime.

Not that I dislike people; I just don't need them.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

My son comes first, but even for that I need money. I have been poor and I swore I will never be poor again. I married so that I wouldn't be poor. When I was younger I would have told you that your heart was more important than your head. I would have advised you to go after love instead of money. I have grown up and I now know that this was a stupid notion. I NEVER married the poor men that had asked, but the first one who made a decent living got my vows. It had only been 3 almost 4 years, and I do not regret it.

Honestly, I would have to say that money is the most important thing in the world to me. What would you say is most important to you?

I'm with you ElGaupo, I would have to say money also. To me, there is nothing better than the feel of a marble floor under your bare feet :wicked:

Seriously though I can't help it I like nice things. I've been both with and without money in my life (more than once) and there is a profound difference in my personal happiness between the two. To me life sucks without money. Not only does it suck but it's very stressful and restricting. What joy is there in going to buy food and having to stress out over whether you can afford to buy a .59 cent box of macaroni and cheese or a .39 cent bag of Ramen noodles?? There is none. On the other hand, there is nothing better then going to buy food and throwing anything and everything you want into the cart without even bothering to look at what any of it costs. And people with money get treated better, there's no denying it. When you are poor you are stuck with always going to places that offer the lowest price, but aren't always treated that great. With money, you are in a position to pay more to be treated better. That's why people who work in 5-star hotels are always nice and friendly and willing to bend over backwards to make sure you are happy, while your average motel or hotel you're usually lucky if you get enough clean towels. How about banks? Most banks could care less about their customers....that is until you reach their "high net worth" list and you get your very own personal banker. No more waiting in lines or getting charged just to call the 800 number.... you just call your banker directly and get royal treatment for free. Big difference.

Having said that I would never exchange my family or friends for money... I love them alot and they are very important to me. But on the other hand, if they all told me to go f-ck off, I would be just fine without them as long as I have money. The fact is that I am motivated by money more than anything else. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so, I don't see people with money as any "better" than anyone else, they just have more freedom. And that's what it's all about.......freedom baby!

My son comes first, but even for that I need money. I have been poor and I swore I will never be poor again. I married so that I wouldn't be poor. When I was younger I would have told you that your heart was more important than your head. I would have advised you to go after love instead of money. I have grown up and I now know that this was a stupid notion. I NEVER married the poor men that had asked, but the first one who made a decent living got my vows. It had only been 3 almost 4 years, and I do not regret it.

Who was it who said: "Whoever it was that said money can't buy happiness probably didn't have any"? :grin:

What is most important to me? Truth and Honor.

The most valuable thing you can ever hope to have is your health. Without that, nothing is worth squat. With it, you've got a least a fighting chance of getting all the other stuff.

Having enuff ammunition...

kL

My Prozak........ :wacko:

No, seriously, my folks, especially my grandma. :wub:

One specific person is most important to me - there has been a drifting apart for about four years now, we're pretty distant at the moment and it's killing me.

I never used to understand about money until I got the job I have now; when I first hired in we were working a lot of overtime and Saturdays and there were a couple of times when I would forget to cash a check then find it two or three weeks later, never having missed it because all the bills were paid and then some. Loved that going shopping and throw whatever I wanted into the cart. Then GM slumped and we had to back off, and I had to pinch pennies again - I hated it with a passion. Money is good, and it's necessary for a guy if he really wants to have a lasting relationship. The key now is to find an even better paying job doing something I might actually like and enjoy...

bdp

*****Oh, I don't deny that money can keep one entertained for days on end****

No but there is security there if you have money. I mean, I would love to win the lotto, but other than a modest house and a new car, the rest would sit in the bank while I spent the interest.

I am not talking aobut having al the money in the world that you could never spend in a life time. I am talking about a "normal" life. House, 2 cars, white picket fence, private schools for my son, just a nice comfortable living. That is most important to me.

It appears that what most of what you guys have said you treasure above money is sustained by money.

You value your health above your money - but if you get sick and need the best medical assistance - you need money.

You love your children - but if by love, you want to make sure they've got a decent roof over their heads, they've got full stomachs and they never go hungry - you need money.

You love your family - but if a family member were to fall ill, fall into a debt and in a doo-hickey of trouble with the loan shark - you need money.

You want a pile of ammunition as high and wide as a mountain - that's gonna cost you money.

You love life - you need money so you can achieve the lifestyle you want to live your life out in.

You love your wife - you aint gonna have one unless you got money.

You love your pets - but pets need upkeep, food, visits to the vet - and that's going to cost you more money.

Money is not omnipotent, but it's about as close to it as you can get.

Freedom and intelligence equally. In addition, life. Without the first two, however, life would lose meaning rather quickly.

I would have to agree with Kay regarding money. Money may or may not buy happiness, but the lack of money will sure buy you a lot of grief. Money buys me travel, buys me books, provides comfort and peace of mind, and lets me enjoy my life. I have it so I don't dwell on it. I can tell you though when I didn't have it, I spent more time than I wanted dwelling on it.

I'm a big believer in health. From health, all else springs....

Of course health isn't just physical, it requires peace of mind, and a spirit free from encumbrance (hint, hint).