Goodbye Jesus

history of God

BuddhistCommunist

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST... I COULD OF READ MUCH MORE!!!  :thanks:

Thank you, I apreciate the complement :D

Wow Im glad this thread is doing so well! :woohoo: There were people of quite a few different beliefs that came together for discussions that had meaning (not that the others don't). As for the number 40, My spiritual mentor Mike, Taught me that it is symbolic for how long until a revelation is recieved. For instance The Jews spent 40 years wandering in the wilderness... The is a geographical impossiblity, Pilgrims On foot in this day and age, make it from the suez to Jeruselum in a manner of weeks. So 40 is just symbolic to how long it took the Jews to Attone (in their minds) for their mistakes. It could be an actually significant if not holy(not necesarily divine) number. Perhaps with studying we could uncover the "40" mystery

Until you can provide me with firm historical and archaeological evidence that Jesus existed at all, then any hypotheses on how he might have lived elsewhere are little more than perverse and self-fulfilling fantasy.

You do know that the Mormons believe Jesus visited America don't you?

That is true, there is no tangible evidence of Jesus. But I dont Believe in Jesus the Person, I believe in the Dharma of Jesus. That is the Good that was supposedly spoken by Jesus that provides benefits in Life.

"Just because something is a Myth, does not mean that we can't learn from it"

-Me

Jesus is only a composite of what Paul taught and later Xians added to. :scratch:

Well know one knows that for sure.

Until you can provide me with firm historical and archaeological evidence that Jesus existed at all, then any hypotheses on how he might have lived elsewhere are little more than perverse and self-fulfilling fantasy.

You do know that the Mormons believe Jesus visited America don't you?

Christopher, I personally believe, at this point, that Jesus really existed. However, what is more important is his messages. I'm curious if you find offense in that? If so, out of the many, many numerous messages... which ones do you find unacceptable? Thanks.

I believe in Jesus as a wise man, but I do not believe in god..... Its kinda funny to believe in Jesus but not God. lol