Goodbye Jesus

"God hates Soldiers"

Shadfox

UK Fag?! :twitch:

Now we all know the word, "fag", is Brit-ese for "cigarette". Does that mean Phelps is now taking on Big Tobacco? Seriously, will someone please remind that man to take his meds before he starts accusing himself of being behind the gay agenda..........or a bent-over gay man? :lmao:

I'm betting this WILL be his last hate fest. The soldiers ain't exactly gonna to take that.....

With what's all the hate going on in Freddie Krueger's mind.

Here's another one. Excerpts:

The church operates at least two Web sites — godHatesAmerica.com and GodHatesFags.com — and links soldiers' deaths in Iraq to a bomb that exploded on its compound in 1995.

A news release from the church says Opskar was killed by "by an IED (improvised explosive devices), like the IED America used to bomb our church, in a terroristic attempt to stop WBC's anti-gay preaching."

"We may be pardoned for seeing a direct correlation between the Improvised Explosive Devices killing American kids in Iraq and the IED that nearly killed a sleeping Westboro baby August 20th 1995," the release said.

Phelps-Roper said the group pickets only public funerals where the military promotes the war and downplays the situation in Iraq.

More recently, the group carried signs that read "America is Doomed" and "God Hates Fags" at a soldier's funeral in Oklahoma last week. A statement on the group's Web site GodHatesAmerica.com explains the church's position:

Thank God for IEDs killing American soldiers in strange lands every day.

WBC rejoices every time the Lord God in His vengeance kills or maims an American soldier with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked" (Ps. 58:10).

This nation bombed and raided the Westboro Baptist Church, and now the Holy God that Inhabits Eternity is repaying those heinous acts with His retaliatory wrath; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Rom. 12:19).

To most effectively cause America to know her abominations (Ez. 16:2), WBC will picket the funerals of these Godless, fag army American soldiers when their pieces return home. WBC will also picket their landing spot, in Dover, Delaware early and often.

What kind of miserable scum pickets a funeral?  I don't care if they disagreed with the person's life.  Why throw salt on the wounds of the grieving?

Especially since the bible commands him to weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn.

bdp

Only in America is it considered "freedom" to not stop someone from attending the funeral of a stranger and picketing it with hate speech.  Isn't that at the very least harrassment.

I wonder if any of the funeral goers have gotten violent with Phelps and his group?  For that matter, how does he find out that someone who died was a homosexual?

Harrassment it most certinaly is, MadameM. It's just beyond the pale or moral behavior.

As far as Phelps knowing when gays die: I believe he picketed Matthew Sheppard's funeral...his sexual orientation had become the subject of national news due to his horrific beating and murder.

Also, many gay newspapers (like the BAR here in SF) have obits with names and places of the memorial services along with the cause of death. Pretty good info not only for the friends and family, but serious pathological demented religious fanatics like Phelps.

I cannot imagine the family and friends of fallen soldiers will be tolerant of this dude and his ilk...didn't someone once say, "you reap what you sow?"

I cannot imagine the family and friends of fallen soldiers will be tolerant of this dude and his ilk...didn't someone once say, "you reap what you sow?"

And, hopefully, in this case... he'll be "reaping" a big helping of baseball-bat-to-the-face. Hey, you incite violence, expect it to turn on you, I suppose...

You know what? I just thought of something. In military burials, fellow servicemen do a "twenty one gun salute" toward the end while one plays "Taps" on a trumpet. Now follow me on this...... Okay, think about it. In addition to the crowds of people from the armed forces, there are also at least 12 men..........with rifles, big looong rifles. :scratch:

Of course, we know in leu of authentic bullets, blanks are used as amnunition in the 21 gun salute, but seriously, who's to say these fools picketing these funerals know this too? We're not talking about Rhodes scholars here. In other words, would it be quite interesting if these gun-wielding guys all the sudden started charging toward that crowd of protesters.....with their guns at perfect aim........and utilizing those rather loud, realistic sound effects, firing their guns straight at them in a way that rivals the WWII landing at Normandy?

I bet those jockers would never picket another soldier's funeral again after that.

:fdevil::wicked:

would it be quite interesting if these gun-wielding guys all the sudden started charging toward that crowd of protesters.....with their guns at perfect aim........and utilizing those rather loud, realistic sound effects, firing their guns straight at them in a way that rivals the WWII landing at Normandy?

Unfortunately, (actually fortunately) those "gun-wielding" guys are normally members of the Honor Guard of the nearest active duty base and very well trained and disciplined. They would never concieve of doing such a thing, they have honor, a concept that Phelps and his lot would be hard pressed to even understand, much less have. However, they (Phelps and the Phelpsettes) had better watch out, there are literally millions of us old military retirees out there and I for one would definitely trounce anyone picketing a military funeral in the vicinity of my home (in Texas that means within a hundred mile radius) and would undoubtably be backed by a divisional-sized "Gray Brigade" of old soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen! Come on Freddy boy, just try it here! - Heimdall :wicked:

Looks like he's at it again. Fresh off the presses:

Fri Aug 5, 7:58 PM ET

Members of the Rev. Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., are picketing military funerals, KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The group has made national headlines for traveling throughout the country to picket gay churches, gay weddings, and the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was murdered in Wyoming in 1998.

Friday, about 15 members of the group -- some of them children -- picketed the funeral of a St. Joseph soldier who was killed in

Iraq. Mahoney reported that the group stood across the road from the Grace Evangelical Church during the funeral of 21-year-old Spc. Edward Myers.

"The first sin was being a part of this military. If this young man had a clue and any fear of God, he would have run, and not walked, from this military," said protester Shirley Phelps-Roper. "Who would serve a nation that is godless and has flipped off, defiantly defied, defiantly flipped off, the Lord their God?"

One protester had an American flag tied to his belt that draped to the ground. He was holding a sign that read, "Thank God For IEDs," which are explosive devices used by insurgents to blow up military convoys.

Protesters said America has ignored the word of God, and those who defend the nation must pay a price.

"That's the first piece of solid evidence that you have that the young man is currently in hell," Phelps-Roper said.

"The soldier is in hell now, you believe?" Mahoney asked.

"Absolutely," Phelps-Roper said.

'Protesters Were Rude'

About a dozen veterans stood across the road from the protesters, and Mahoney reported that there were some harsh words and insults traded between the two groups. However, sheriff deputies were stationed about 100 yards away and there was no violence.

"The protesters were so rude -- were disrespectful," said veteran Jim Fields.

"Do I like it? No, I don't. But what can you say, it's a free country," said veteran Dave Campbell.

Veterans told KMBC that a member of the soldier's family shouted at the protesters to leave, and they left about 20 minutes after the funeral started. Mahoney reported that there was applause from veterans and other crowd members when the protesters left.

After the funeral was over, one of the mourners commented on the irony of the protesters showing up at a soldier's funeral.

"They shouldn't protest the funeral for a man who was out there dying to protect the rights that they're demanding they receive," said Marvin Russell.

Russell said he thinks the soldier's family saw the protesters.

"I think it saddened them. They didn't say anything outright, but you could tell by the way they looked down that this was a sad thing to do. They're already in mourning, they don't need people like this to make it worse," Russell said.

Myers was buried with full military honors in Leavenworth National Cemetery. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

One of the protesters said the group is planning to picket other military funerals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/kmbc/20050805/lo_kmbc/2866367

Isn't this the truth???

After the funeral was over, one of the mourners commented on the irony of the protesters showing up at a soldier's funeral.

"They shouldn't protest the funeral for a man who was out there dying to protect the rights that they're demanding they receive," said Marvin Russell.

I certainly don't think that the people who gave the American citizens the right of expression and speech knew that it would be taken advantage of by bigoted and hateful religios zealots.

I think they expected whoever took advantage of those rights to say and express something that is good and constructive for society as a whole.

The sad thing is, is that it takes intelligence to do such a thing and, we all know that religion does a damn fine job of undermining human intelligence.

Another charming and heartwarming postcard brought to you by the bible. We should be thankful for the salvation we have accepted, so we don't have to share the punishment of war heroes.

Merlin