Goodbye Jesus

Does the Bible record Satan ever killing anyone?

necrosmith

As I understand the Bible, God is not a murderer, but a Judge. As judge, he sentenced one man to death (not hell) for disobedience. Since then, all men have been dead from a legal perspective, and 9/10 dead from a practical perspective. Score so far -- God 1, Satan 0. (the man chose to disobey God and was not deceived by Satan).

How wonderful a God he truly is. Someone centuries ago screwed up, so I deserve to be put to death for existing. How wonderful and loving!

FUCK GOD.

As I understand the Bible, God is not a murderer, but a Judge. As judge, he sentenced one man to death (not hell) for disobedience. Since then, all men have been dead from a legal perspective, and 9/10 dead from a practical perspective. Score so far -- God 1, Satan 0. (the man chose to disobey God and was not deceived by Satan).

That's very unbiblical. God is a killer. He's the Lord of the armies and warfare. He commanded Abraham, Moses, Joshua and many more to kill in his name.

And btw, God did have a choice to put the tree in the garden, and he knew what was going to happen, so he was following his plan. God knew that man would fail, and be condemned to eternal punishment. God wanted it. Just so he could come up with the follow-up plan of saving humanity through doing a human sacrifice (which is an old pagan ritual, sacrifice to please the gods.)

The various times God has judged folks for this or that sin (such as the sex and violence at the flood, and some Jews, some non-Jews in the OT), has been to set an example and teach lessons for the comparatively few he is dealing with among mankind for the last several thousand years. But all of them were already dead from a judicial perspective already -- like prisoners on death row. He just moved their execution up a bit.

Are you comparing the same things here; a murderer get death row, compared to a non-believer get eternal furnace? Or do you seriously think that a misdemeanor would also deserve an infinte punishment? The people on death row are there because of a serious crime, a murder one felony. While God's punishment is for not believing in him. And you can only get the faith from him, so if he decides not to give it to you, you won't have it. You will get punished for not having what he refuses to give you. Does that mandate a severe punishment?

God provided an exchange to release ALL people from that first judicial sentence. Satan would have killed Jesus if he could have, but Jesus chose to lay down his life voluntarily as a sacrifice. So the score remains, God 1, Satan 0. Satan still had not managed to actually kill anyone.

Then you admit, that all the killings in the OT and in the name of God, was God's killings? Since Satan never killed anyone. No one dies or get killed by Satan, but by God or God's command.

When the right time comes, ALL people will indeed be released and given a full opportunity for life.

While they are being given a contrasting experience with how great things can be when God's ways are followed, Satan will be unable to trick or lie or kill.

Where in the Bible is there an example of Satan lying?

Then, Satan will be allowed to try and trick folks one more time.

There's no real examples in the Bible for Satan tricking people. He only tried to trick God and Jesus.

At that time, God will again judge those who choose to disobey. Out of the billions of humanity, it'll probably be a few fractions of a percent at least. But most will have learned their lessons and will then live forever. Score: God 20 Billion made alive, 20 million executed for good, Satan a big zero in both categories. No one made alive, no one killed because of him. All people who die in the end, will die exclusively because of their own decisions, with full light and opportunity to do otherwise.

And then God will kill Satan.

God will win every battle and every argument in the end. Fortunately, nice guys always will. And Satan will lose all of his battles and have every lie exposed.

It doesn't sound like it's jiving with the Bible. We're judged by what we do here, in life, on Earth, not by a second chance after death. That's not in the Bible.

If I were you I'd put my money on God but you've got plenty of time to watch the race some more before you have to place your bet. Not just till the end of your "life" but also at least a century, if not a millennium when you wake up again. Let everyone be fully persuaded in his own mind.

By the way, I agree with your signature line.

Wouldn't it be better to put your money on Q? He's both good and evil (mostly evil), but very cunning and clever. And he's judging humanity as a whole.

As I understand the Bible, God is not a murderer, but a Judge. As judge,

he sentenced one man to death (not hell) for disobedience. Since then, all men

have been dead from a legal perspective, and 9/10 dead from a practical

perspective. Score so far -- God 1, Satan 0. (the man chose to disobey God

and was not deceived by Satan).

Dude, that's one of the lamest rationalizations I have ever heard....Since

you fundies have become self-appointed spokespeople for unborn children,

what about all those unborn children god killed in the Great Flood...the

torching of Sodom and Gomorrah....the conquest of Jericho and the rest

of Canaan? What were they being "judged" for?

The various times God has judged folks for this or that sin (such as the sex

and violence at the flood, and some Jews, some non-Jews in the OT), has been

to set an example and teach lessons for the comparatively few he is dealing with

among mankind for the last several thousand years. But all of them were already

dead from a judicial perspective already -- like prisoners on death row. He just

moved their execution up a bit.

Oh, really? Seems like a wasted effort then. Where was god when all you

Christians were slicing and dicing each other during the Thirty Years' War?

Where was god when you Christians were slaughtering not only Muslims, but

also other Christians, during the Crusades? When the Catholics decided to

exterminate 20,000 Huguenot Protestants in France? During the Catholic and

Protestant wars that raged in Ireland for centuries? When you good Christians

decided to exterminate thousands of Jews during various pogroms during the

Middle Ages, culminating in the extermination of millions of Jews in the

Holocaust? If all that killing in the Old Testament was meant to be a lesson

for humanity, then your god failed and failed miserably, even amongst the

very Christians who claim to believe in him.

God provided an exchange to release ALL people from that first judicial

sentence. Satan would have killed Jesus if he could have, but Jesus chose to lay

down his life voluntarily as a sacrifice. So the score remains, God 1, Satan 0.

Satan still had not managed to actually kill anyone.

Jesus, if he existed, was probably an obscure Jewish zealot who was

executed for sedition. The Romans of that period were remarkably

tolerant of religious belief and did not execute people for their

religion. However, they had no compunction about executing rebels

and seditionists, and did so regularly. So, if he existed, his death

was probably not voluntary at all.

When the right time comes, ALL people will indeed be released and given a full

opportunity for life.

Looks like you just invented some new passages in the bible some

where. This isn't from any chapter of the bible I've read. But, you're

not the first christian to do such a thing, and you won't be the last.

While they are being given a contrasting experience with how great things can

be when God's ways are followed, Satan will be unable to trick or lie or kill.

Then, Satan will be allowed to try and trick folks one more time.

This appears to be a somewhat incoherent Millenium reference.

At that time, God will again judge those who choose to disobey. Out of the

billions of humanity, it'll probably be a few fractions of a percent at least. But most

will have learned their lessons and will then live forever. Score: God 20 Billion

made alive, 20 million executed for good......

First off, where do you get these numbers? How do you know that 20

billion people have lived since the dawn of humanity (or the dawn of

creation, in fundy-speak)? And how do you know that 20 million will

be "executed for good"? Plus, Revelations doesn't seem to imply that

a "few fraction of a percent" will be deceived in the end. If you look

at the passage in Revelations that you seem to be referring to, it

says the following:

20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out

of his prison

20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four

quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to

battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the

camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down

from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

How does "the number of whom is as the sand of the sea" reduce to a "few

fraction of a percent"?

....Satan a big zero in both categories. No one made alive....

Who is saying that Satan makes anyone alive? Many of the people on this

board are atheists, and atheists don't believe Satan even exists.

....no one killed because of him. All people who die in the end, will die

exclusively because of their own decisions, with full light and opportunity to do

otherwise.

Right, an omnipotent god is somehow incapable of convincing a people

that he created of his goodness and glory. (Notice that I said "convincing,"

because I'm anticipating your 'free will' argument.) So, is your god really

impotent, incoherent, or merely evil?

And then God will kill Satan.

Dude, you clearly don't know your bible too well, do you? Here's what it says in

Revelations:

20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire

and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and

shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Killing Satan would be too way too merciful for your god. Oh, no, he wants to

barbecue him day and night for all eternity. Sounds a bit sadistic to me.

God will win every battle and every argument in the end.

Do we all get free toasters when this happens?

Fortunately, nice guys always will. And Satan will lose all of his battles and

have every lie exposed.

Yeah, well, why does your omnipotent god even bother? Why not snuff Satan

and all of his co-rebels out from day one? God seems to keep Satan around

as a sort of cosmic plaything that he sticks pins into for fun. Even with Satan

being eeeeeevil and all, this strikes me as being cruel. Is your god that bored

and fickle, that he has to play games like this?

If I were you I'd put my money on God but you've got plenty of time to watch

the race some more before you have to place your bet. Not just till the end of

your "life" but also at least a century, if not a millennium when you wake up again.

Let everyone be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Your god is a psycho. Thankfully, he isn't real.

Aw, crap. The quoting that I tried to do in my last post isn't working. Mods, how

do I fix this?

Aw, crap.  The quoting that I tried to do in my last post isn't working.  Mods, how

do I fix this?

It has to be broken up in two posts. You can only have 10 quotes per post.

Alternatively change your text to bold instead.

Can you do the Edit, or should I?

Thanks, Han Solo. I fixed it. :)

But if that is the case Diggin then God must be the most inconsistent Judge known to man. I mean he'll kill one man for doing something “wrong” then he will never kill anyone else for the same “crime” again. ~OR~ He'll kill thousands for doing something “wrong” then never kill anyone else for the same “crime” again... there is no justice in inconstancy NONE.

Right on.

God's judgments thus far have been highly selective, restrained, and to all appearances capricious. That is why I agree with Romans 1:16-18 that everyone can see the "wrath" of God, but almost no one can see the righteousness of God. It is only revealed to whom it is revealed. The rest will need to learn from the good in life, suffer through the bad, and wait till things will be made clear.

That's why the mainstream Christian notion that "this is the best of all possible worlds" is so ludicrous and ultimately God-dishonoring.

So when god killed the ENTIRE WORLD in the flood, he was just killing 'dead' people as an example for...I guess Noah?  :twitch:

The reason given in the Bible for the flood was that as part of the angel's test of obedience, they were allowed to materialize and marry women. This produced a hybrid race that did not get it's genetic material entirely from the human gene pool, and created a huge explosion in sex and violence, too. So God killed all but the 8 people left who had not intermarried and had their "generation" (check the hebrew meaning if you care to) corrupted. This is mentioned in Genesis chapter 6 and Jude 1:6. The fate of these "lords" or rephaim of men, the "nephilim" or giants, is described in Isaiah 26:13-14.

God promised he would never destroy all men again. Since then, the angels have been restrained from materializing until "the judgment of the great day". You can bet that in the near future, all sorts of angelic manifestations will increase to the point of fright. They may pose as aliens, or the dead come back to life, or whatever but it'll be the same thing as in the days of Noah -- which Jesus said would occur in the early years of his "days".

But I digress. The main point is that mankind has been judicially dealt with at the beginning, and mostly left on their own except for the few that God cherry-picks to deal with for one reason or another. Mostly, he is dealing with a small number of those who have faith -- and the ones who have faith were given that ability by him -- it's no reason for them to think they're better than anyone else. In fact, they're not.

But even the folks who were singled out as "examples", such as Sodom, are promised that God will resurrect them in the future and show mercy to them. Ezekiel 16:55.

By the way, Sodom was not singled out to make one sin worse than another -- only to show that God remains opposed to all sin. And the sins the prophet mentions in verse 49 are not homosexuality, which the Christian world loves to point fingers at, but "pride, fulness of bread, abundance of idleness, and not strengthening the hand of the poor and needy."

This in essence, is the sin of the Christian world, too, as described in Revelation 18. It was bogus Christianity that gave us slavery, imperialism, and exploitation of the poorer, less-advanced-in the-arts-of-war nations.

God seems pretty kill-happy for a perfect being. Satan may be a liar, but he didn't destroy the whole bloody world. You're not really making satan seem as bad as jehovah, you know.

Yahweh is a big boy. He decided long ago he could handle people not understanding his goodness and his loving plans. He wants people to be free, and they need that time to explore their own selfishness. Satan is a convenient tool, a willing adversary who can't do anything that Yahweh doesn't let him.

Also, you inadvertently display the whole reason why xtianity is an immoral religion. When you dehumanize sinners as 'already dead', what's the big deal about oppressing, torturing, and executing them? I mean, if putting them in a 'rehabilitation center' to torture them gets a few into accepting christ, then you've done good, right? God's will be done. :crazy:

Hopefully you can see that I'm agreeing that "Christianity" as practised by most people at most times is indeed the most immoral of all religions.

Still, God has made it clear that no one who is a true child of his EVER tortures or kills someone with his approval. Some of the greatest "leaders" of the Christian church were actually monsters, and I am confident that when God reveals his evaluation and sets about to reward the good, destroy the incorrigibly bad, and reconcile the masses, there will be a lot of "Christian leaders" in the incorrigibly bad category. A whole lot. Jesus predicted this, saying, "many,many will say, 'We did many wonderful works in your name' and I will say, 'I never knew you.'"

I'd actually like to write a book of one-page biographies of people who traditional Christianity would say are headed for hell, but who are the best folks the world has ever seen. People like Mark Twain and such.

Right on.

God's judgments thus far have been highly selective, restrained, and to all appearances capricious. That is why I agree with Romans 1:16-18 that everyone can see the "wrath" of God, but almost no one can see the righteousness of God. It is only revealed to whom it is revealed. The rest will need to learn from the good in life, suffer through the bad, and wait till things will be made clear.

That's why the mainstream Christian notion that "this is the best of all possible worlds" is so ludicrous and ultimately God-dishonoring.

Wow! :eek:

Your cognative dissidence knows no bounds does it?

The reason given in the Bible for the flood was that as part of the angel's test of obedience, they were allowed to materialize and marry women. This produced a hybrid race that did not get it's genetic material entirely from the human gene pool, and created a huge explosion in sex and violence, too. So God killed all but the 8 people left who had not intermarried and had their "generation" (check the hebrew meaning if you care to) corrupted. This is mentioned in Genesis chapter 6 and Jude 1:6. The fate of these "lords" or rephaim of men, the "nephilim" or giants, is described in Isaiah 26:13-14.

Oh, I get it now, so, HE fucked up and then killed off the ENTIRE planet's population, all over the globe, 90% having nothing to do with the little down where Noah lived and the surrounding area. OH, THAT makes more sense now.

God promised he would never destroy all men again.

Right, I remember now. He has such a short memory he said he would rig Rainbows to REMIND him, so he'll remember to never do that trick again.

Uh huh

Right, I remember now.  He has such a short memory he said he would rig Rainbows to REMIND him, so he'll remember to never do that trick again.

Uh huh

And, remember, that was only a promise never to destroy the world

with water, so he's got a little loophole in his "covenant," just in

case he ever gets into one of those smiting fits again.

Right, he used nukes in S&G, that wasn't water. He used language confoundation at Babel. He stopped the sun from moving around the earth (and people believe that even knowing it's the other way?) for what 10 minutes so Joshy can continue the slaughter in day light?

But not water, no, never again. Needs too many mops afterwards.

He's so DRAMATIC isn't he?

someone on CF is fighting with me over Noah now

someone on CF is fighting with me over Noah now

How can you have a debate with anyone who's answer to everything

is "It's magic" (oops, sorry, "Godidit")?

well, if a lot of people get involved, it becomes a Mass Debate

How can you have a debate with anyone who's answer to everything

is "It's magic" (oops, sorry, "Godidit")?

You make a great point with this. Debate and oration used to be skills. You won when your argument held enough knowledge of your position to convince others. When talking to people of 'faith' it doesn't matter how articulate, or well supported by evidence your position is..that's not what moves these people. They'll subscribe to whatever irrational, baseless jibberish that allows them to keep 'faith'. It's true that faith and education have an inverse relationship, but even educated believers seem to compartmentalize thier critical thinking skills when it comes to this topic.

It's true that faith and education have an inverse relationship, but even educated believers seem to compartmentalize thier critical thinking skills when it comes to this topic.

Good ol' cognitive dissonance. Maybe the ability to believe in

contradictory things is genetically wired into some people. In

the end, I couldn't play head games with myself like that, but

obviously there are a lot of people who can.