Goodbye Jesus

exwitch.org

Guest Zoe Grace

I couldn't find any articles specifically addressing ex-witch.org, but Kerr Cuhulain has written some interesting articles addressing modern witch hunts and the "Satanic Panic" that's terrifyingly worked it's way into law enforcement.

It seems many of these "ex-witches" are power hungry attention whores whose needs weren't sated by the Pagan community. Being an "ex-Satanist for Jesus" gives you a herd that will make you wealthy as long as you sell them confirmation of their ignorances.

As for ElGuapo, I'm pulling out my Harry Potter book and casting level 2 STFU.

Guest Son of Belial
It seems many of these "ex-witches" are power hungry attention whores whose needs weren't sated by the Pagan community. 

I'm not a big fan of LaVey the man, but some of his writings were interesting. He made a comment in one of his articles that a loser is a loser is a loser. Someone can't be a person of God, be a total loser, then go to "the other side" and think that suddenly Satan will bless them. Satan doesn't want losers either.

I have said often that my life has gotten better when I got rid of Yahweh and Jesus, but someone that leaves Jesus for his enemy, still continues to suck ass and fail at everything, can't then sit back and say that Satan is a dick and they're going back to Jesus.

Maybe it's not Jesus OR Satan, or any other pantheon of gods. Maybe you're just a loser.

As for ElGuapo, I'm pulling out my Harry Potter book and casting level 2 STFU.

ROFL!!!

Some links about Exwitch:

http://www.witchvox.com/wren/wn_detaila.html?id=11111

http://www.leaderu.com/theology/teenwitchcraft.html

Here is a quote:

“One Web site has taken a strong stand against this promotion of witchcraft to teens. Kathi Sharpe has a site called Ex–Witch at www.exwitch.org . She recommends boycotting Scholastic Books because of its promotion of witchcraft and sorcery to kids. "Nearly every school district in the U.S. has a Scholastic Book Fair several times yearly," she writes. "Today we are urging parents and educators to prayerfully consider a general boycott of Scholastic materials in homes and schools country–wide." Kathi, a former witch who is now a Christian, has strong opinions about the Potter books. "Anyone who allows their children to read these books and participate in related activities is allowing their children access to the occult." She stresses that the activities Harry and his friends so casually engage in are all forbidden in the Bible "…and with good reason: they are dangerous, and serve to draw people away from Him. Furthermore, the power behind spells and divination is demonic." “

Which is a lie. She will say that she doesn’t agree with the books, but a hard stand? NO. She will avoid the subject so it doesn’t make her look like a book burning, censoring, closeminded jerk that she actually is.

http://www.wildhunt.org/2004/09/crushed-to...a-magazine.html

Many thanks for the links midnight star. You're absolutly right, it's a backdoor ban.

Merlin

w00000h0000000, I'm in baby....prepare for the pillaging. It might help take my mind off of being banned for 3 weeks at CF.com

There's a saying that all magic eventually dwindles into technology.  I don't really believe that.  I still think it's magical.  I just think once someone knows how it works, the mystery is gone and they take it for granted, but there is always the mystery.

I took a computers and info systems class back in the 1980s when computer technology (as we know it today) was in its infant stages. My professor made this exact same comment. Essentially she argued that we don't need to understand exactly how the systems work internally and that for the purpose of moving on to more practical matters - as in, how to put the technology to work - we need only regard the internal binary structure as "magic."

Ya see Zoe, your a damn genius! BTW, I want special harem privileges tonight for kissing up to you. Please let me put my shirt back on, the mosquitoes are starting to really get me down.

Here you guys go, I started a thread.

http://exwitch.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155348#155348

I'm impressed that your thread survived. At least they are not afraid of different views to the degree of harsh censorship that some xtian websites stoop to.

Guest Son of Belial

Wow, and surprisingly, it's the same old bullshit.

I mean fuck, they're saying the world is evidence of their God. Would someone remind these people that the world could be evidence of some OTHER god, if they're going to go the "the world was created by a magical being's spells" route?

Oh yeah, and the "prove He doesn't exist" argument. Haven't heard that one before. Prove untrue that invisible purple bunny rabbits that work for the mystical honeycomb, and will sting-fuck you for eternity with the queen bee's stinger fi you don't believe.

Wow, and surprisingly, it's the same old bullshit.

I mean fuck, they're saying the world is evidence of their God. Would someone remind these people that the world could be evidence of some OTHER god, if they're going to go the "the world was created by a magical being's spells" route?

Oh yeah, and the "prove He doesn't exist" argument. Haven't heard that one before. Prove untrue that invisible purple bunny rabbits that work for the mystical honeycomb, and will sting-fuck you for eternity with the queen bee's stinger fi you don't believe.

Yea...I feel baited by Skye...and since she's a moderator, calling her a pretentious asshole wouldn't be a good idea.

So I decided not to discuss with her.

Merlin,

Your welcome. Hey do I know you from another site? I think you PM'd me a while back.

Son,

Agreed, they will use pat answers and when you don't agree with them, they will just "*shrug* believe what you want" in the pompus way christians do when confronted with reality.

Before I forget, Kathi was a "computer witch for AOL" I guess she thinks that qualifies her as an expert. Lets also not forget that she will claim that she invited "Isis" in and that Isis tried to destroy her when she became a christian.

She must have deleted her "testamony" but this is what she had to say:

http://exwitch.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6189

NOtice how they changed the topic to "let degrade the infidel?" a particular tactic used when they have no answers, it is then time to degrade the person who is trying to make them think.