Goodbye Jesus

KirK Cameron and Ray Comfort

Mike D

I'll come back to this topic. I haven't read anything yet, but I just wanted to say that Ray Comfort is possibly one of the worst apologists in the history of Christianity, second only to Jason Gastrich.

He doesn't so much argue as he simply ignores the question. He doesn't even try to mask this as other creato-Christians try to do. He'll just blatantly ignore challenges and keep preaching.

If you can find a copy of his debate with Ron Barrier, listen to it and be amazed at his ability to not answer a single challenge throughout the entire hour-long debate.

Holy mother of Fuck, look what I found on their site.

Even though that was just someone's idea of a cute 'PR' poster for the movie, it's still fucking hilarious! This is Kirk's take on that movie. You can't make up stuff this absurd! Enjoy!

Left Behind III: The Disco Version

I am writing this on the airplane flying home from Toronto, Canada after 3 weeks of filming this supernatural thriller movie. It was incredible.

Once again, I'm playing "Buck" and my wife Chelsea plays "Hattie". This time, the Trib Force is doing all they can to slow down the plans of the Nicholae Carpathia to annihilate Christians from the planet (by secretly infecting the majority of Bibles with a highly toxic biological agent like Anthrax and allowing the Trib Force to distribute them to new converts) and bring in his new, one-world government and religion. This movie has the famous double wedding scene between Buck and Chloe and Rayford and Amanda. Hattie is pregnant with the antichrist's child and Bruce Barns goes home to be with the Lord.

While there are many BIG scenes (exploding limousines, the White House engulfed in flames, demonic deception special effects, etc.) my favorite scene was when Buck witnesses to the president of the United Sates. Well-known actor Lou Gossett Jr., plays "President Fitzhugh" and he did an incredible job. While we were filming this scene, the air was thick with smoke, flames burned outside the windows of the Oval Office, and I was able to share the gospel biblically (sin, righteousness, judgment to come, grace, repentance and faith) on camera. Lou so threw himself into the role that he began to weep as he prayed to receive the Lord and ask for forgiveness. To think that SONY will be distributing this movie (with its clear gospel content) in Wal-Mart is mind boggling.

During one scene Buck bursts into the President's office and stands in the doorway, silhouetted by the flames and surrounded by white smoke. I thought it would be funny to "strike a pose" and have the photographer grab the shot. Well he did, and it turned into a huge advertising campaign for the movie! "Behind Buck is a Disco-Duck!" If you want to see this history making photo, click here, but don't forget to come back and read about another exciting thing that happened on the set.

While I (and Ray Comfort and other friends) had many opportunities to share the gospel with unsaved cast and crew members, including the Gordon Currie (Nicholae) and Brad Johnson (Rayford Steele), as well as the make-artist and several transportation drivers, I knew that I sill hadn't witnessed to the director and most of the crew (except for conducting myself professionally on the set). I had one last opportunity to do something for eternity. I knew what I wanted to do. I had been thinking about it for two days. I was rehearsing it in my mind over and over. I was very nervous.

On my final day, after shooting my last scene, we broke for lunch. Most of the crew, the producers, and some cast (about 50 people) were eating in one room eating their food. I prayed that God would help me "open my mouth boldly as I ought to speak," swallowed the rhinoceros sized ball of fear in my throat, stood in the middle of the room and said, "Excuse me everyone. Could I have your attention for a moment?" Everyone stopped eating and looked up at me. I just about passed out. My ears turned red, my mouth went dry, and I couldn't turn back. I can perform or preach in front of thousands, but when it comes to opening your mouth for the gospel, it all flies out the window. 

I could hear a pin drop. I thanked them all for being so kind to me and my wife during the filming, and for working so hard in the cold without complaining (sometimes until 6:30 am, outside, in sub-zero temperatures). Then I said, "People often ask me on the streets about the spiritual conversations that must have taken place on the set of a movie like Left Behind -- after all, its all about God and faith in Jesus Christ. Well, the truth is, I haven't heard many people talking about spiritual things on this set, so I'd like to share something very personal with you." By this time, I think I had everyone's attention -- the Jewish photographer, the French Canadian atheists, the new age hair dressers, the Catholic make up artist, some foul mouthed production crew members, and even a couple of the producers. I told them about my background as an atheist and how I was captured by the love of Christ 14 years ago. I told them, "This may be the last time I get to talk with you, so I'd appreciate it if you would consider what I'm about to say." I told them that many people grow up with religion and have seen the Cross, but have never seen the love of God in the Cross. "They don't see the love of God because they don't see their sin. They don't see their sin because they have never looked into the mirror of God's Commandments to see themselves clearly. So let's have a look." I spoke about sin, God's righteous standards by which He will judge them on Judgment Day, the penalty of Hell, and then about grace, the cross, the sacrifice of the Son of God, and the need to for "repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ." I then told them that I realized that I had made myself a fool in the eyes of some, but that I didn't have a choice because I so cared about them and where they spend eternity. I thanked them for listening and sat down at an empty table to eat my lunch. 

There I sat for five long minutes. No applause. No "thank you's" or "Atta boy's." Just people going back to their dinners and conversations. One producer later commented, "It takes a lot of [testosterone] to do what you did," and the Jewish photographer said, "While I don't agree with you, that took a lot of courage. Kudos to you." 

I slept sweetly that night. My confidence was in the power of the gospel and in God's faithfulness to watch over those who would come to believe in the Lord Jesus. Only Heaven knows exactly what happened in the spiritual realm that evening. I'm glad it's over, and I'm on my way back to see my family. 

There's a man sitting next to me right now on the airplane that doesn't believe there is a God. His name is Graham and he's from New Zealand. I'm going to try my best to help him see the truth before we land. Maybe I'll break the ice by asking him if he's interested in seeing a poster for the new movie called Left Behind III: the Disco Version? If you still haven't clicked on the picture, click here now.

Oh boy. Let's sum that up.

I love Jesus. God loves you. You don't love God. God send you Hell. The end.

He's a third-grader.

Left Behind III: The Disco Version

I am writing this on the airplane flying home from Toronto, Canada after 3 weeks of filming this mythology-based thriller movie. It was glorious.

Once again, I'm playing "Brother Buck" and my wife Chelsea plays "Sister Hattie". This time, the Trib Force is doing all they can to slow down the plans of the Nicholae Carpathia to annihilate Christians from the planet (by secretly infecting the majority of Mythology Books with a highly toxic biological agent like Anthrax and allowing the Trib Force to distribute them to new converts) and bring in his new, one-world government and religion. This movie has the famous double wedding scene between Brother Buck and Sister Chloe and Brother Rayford and Sister Amanda. Sister Hattie is pregnant with the antikryasst's child and Brother Bruce Barns goes home to be with the Lard in the Sky.

While there are many BIG scenes (exploding limousines, the White House engulfed in flames, demonic deception special effects, etc.) my favorite scene was when Brother Buck shares the glorious Bullshit about Kryasst with the president of the United Sates. Well-known actor Lou Gossett Jr., plays "President Fitzhugh" and he did an incredible job. While we were filming this scene, the air was thick with smoke, flames burned outside the windows of the Oval Office, and I was able to share the biblical bullshit (sin, righteousness, judgment to come, grace, repentance and magical thinking) on camera. Lou so threw himself into the role that he began to weep as he prayed to receive an Invisible Sky Man into his inner spook and ask for forgiveness for doing shit that pissed Him off. To think that SONY will be distributing this glorious movie (with its heavy religious bullshit content) in Wal-Fart is brain-killing. Glory!

During one scene Brother Buck bursts into the President's office and stands in the doorway, silhouetted by the flames and surrounded by white smoke. I thought it would be funny to "strike a pose" and have the photographer grab the shot. Well he did, and it turned into a huge advertising campaign for the movie! Glory! "Behind Brother Buck is a Talking Bible-Duck!" If you want to see this history making photo, click here, but don't forget to come back and read about another exciting thing that happened on the set. Glory to GAWD!!

While I (and Brother Ray Comfort and other friends) had many opportunities to share the glorious Bullshit about Kryasst with unslaved cast and crew members, including the Brother Gordon Currie (Nicholae) and Brother Brad Johnson (Rayford Steele), as well as the make-artist and several transportation drivers, I knew that I sill hadn't bullshitted the director and most of the crew (except for conducting myself professionally on the set). I had one last opportunity to do something for Kryasst. I knew what I wanted to do. I had been thinking about it for two days. I was rehearsing it in my mind over and over. I was very fucking nervous.

On my final day, after shooting my last scene, we broke for lunch. Most of the crew, the producers, and some cast (about 50 people) were eating in one room eating their food. I prayed that the Magic Sky Man would magically help me "open my mouth boldly as I ought to speak about this important religious bullshit," swallowed the rhinoceros sized ball of fear in my throat as I prepared to make a fool of myself, stood in the middle of the room and said, "Excuse me everyone. Could I have your attention for a moment?" Everyone stopped eating and looked up at me like, "WTF?". I just about passed the fuck out. My ears turned red, my mouth went dry, and I couldn't turn back. Holy Shit! I can perform or preach in front of thousands, but when it comes to opening your mouth to share the glorious Bullshit about Kryasstl, it all flies out the window - common sense, rational thought - EVERYTHING.

I could hear a pin drop. I thanked them all for being so kind to me and my wife during the filming, and for working so hard in the cold without complaining (sometimes until 6:30 am, outside, in sub-zero temperatures). Then I said, "People often ask me on the streets about the spiritual conversations that must have taken place on the set of a movie like Left Behind -- after all, its all about Gawd and magical thinking about Jesus Kryasst. Well, the truth is, I haven't heard many people discussing religious bullshit on this set, so I'd like to share something very personal with you." By this time, I think I had everyone's attention -- the Jewish photographer, the French Canadian atheists, the new age hair dressers, the Catholic make up artist, some foul mouthed production crew members, and even a couple of the producers. I told them about my background as an uneducated "atheist" and how I was magically captured by the Sky Love of Kryasst 14 years ago. I told them, "This may be the last time I get to talk with you, so I'd appreciate it if you would consider the absurd bullshit I am about to share." I told them that many people grow up with religion and have seen the Big Giant Stick, but have never seen the love of Gawd in the Big Giant Stick. "They don't see the love of Gawd because they don't see the fact that they've done shit that pisses Gawd off. They don't see that shit because they have never looked into the mirror of Gawd's Commandments to see themselves unclearly. So let's have a look." I spoke about our tendency to do shit that pisses Jesus off, Gawd's bullshit standards by which He will allegedly judge them on Judgment Day according to my chosen mythology, the penalty of the Flaming Torture Chamber, and then about grace, the Big Giant Stick, how Gawd sacrificed Himself to Himself to save us from Himself, and the need to for "repentance toward an Invisible Man who lives in the Sky and magical thinking toward the Lard Jesus Kryasst." I then told them that I realized that I had made myself a fool in the eyes of the rational, thinking people in the room, but that I didn't have a choice because I so cared about their inner spooks and where they would spend their time after they Croaked in the Spook and ceased to exist. I thanked them for listening to my absurd religious bullshit and sat down at an empty table to eat my lunch. Nobody wanted to sit with me after I had spouted so much lunacy in public.

There I sat for five fucking long minutes. No applause. No "thank you's" or "Atta boy's. Way to tell those unslaved folks about Kryasst!" Just people going back to their dinners and conversations, thankful that I was finished trying to force my beliefs on them. One producer later commented, "It takes a lot of [testosterone] to do what you did," and the Jewish photographer said, "While I don't agree with you, that took a lot of courage. Even so, fuck you."

I slept sweetly in the Spook that night. Glory! My confidence was in the magical power of the Bullshit about Kryasst and in Gawd's faithfulness to watch over those who would come to believe in the Lard Jesus from way up there in the Sky. Only the Sky Kingdom knows exactly what happened in the imaginary spiritual realms I absurdly believe in that evening. Probably nothing. I'm glad it's over, and I'm on my way back to see my family. Hall-lay-LOOH-Yah!!

There's a man sitting next to me right now on the airplane that doesn't believe there is an Invisible Magically Undead Man living in the Sky. His name is Graham and he's from New Zealand. I'm going to try my best to force my beliefs on him and try to make him see the supposed "truth" of the ancient myths I believe in before we land. Maybe I'll break the ice by asking him if he's interested in seeing a poster for the new movie called Left Behind III: the Disco Version? If that works, I'll harangue him with my religious bullshit for the rest of the flight or until he agrees to talk to himself with me and pretend to receive Kryasst just to get me to shut the fuck up. Glory! If you still haven't clicked on the picture, click here now. Gawd bless!

I'll come back to this topic.  I haven't read anything yet, but I just wanted to say that Ray Comfort is possibly one of the worst apologists in the history of Christianity, second only to Jason Gastrich.

He doesn't so much argue as he simply ignores the question.  He doesn't even try to mask this as other creato-Christians try to do.  He'll just blatantly ignore challenges and keep preaching.

If you can find a copy of his debate with Ron Barrier, listen to it and be amazed at his ability to not answer a single challenge throughout the entire hour-long debate.

Oh, but Neil, who's got time to answer some silly questions when you're trying to save people from hell? :crazy:

They use the word love on thier site, but all I see is guilt and fear. Go find a pic of Ray on that site. Look in his eyes. Look at the smile. That's a face of evil.

Yup, that's me.  And Samson, and Jonah, and crazy ol' Elija.  None of it registered even close to a BS alert or even a twinge of revulsion since they spoon fed it to me when I was yet a babe.

Or they cut out the bad parts or water them down so you don't know any better.

Actually, the sad thing according to Christian dogma, is that Jeffery Dahmer is saved because he asked Jesus into his heart.  His victims were likely not christians and are all in hell, because he snuffed their lives out early.  That's real christian justice for you.

The thing that's funny is Christians will easily (almost gladly) justify the vicitms going to hell, because they were sinners who rejected Jesus. But justifying Jeffry Dahmer going to heaven for an eternity of happiness and peace usually has them squirming in their seat because they know damn well it's immoral. And all they can usually think of to parrot in response is "God's ways are not our ways", or "I didn't make the rules, I just follow them". I don't know why they can't see that their God isn't superior or better than us, he's just different than us......

Guest JP1283
Well actually, I don't think Kirk's religious fanaticism bothers her at all. Candace is as fundified as her brother is!

Holy crap, I had no idea. I thought that at least one of the Cameron siblings was sane. My favorite part of her "statement of faith" is this little gem:

I believe that we as Christians are examples of the love of God in this world.

:eek:

There's a man sitting next to me right now on the airplane that doesn't believe there is a God. His name is Graham and he's from New Zealand. I'm going to try my best to help him see the truth before we land. Maybe I'll break the ice by asking him if he's interested in seeing a poster for the new movie called Left Behind III: the Disco Version?

Well I guess my life could be worse... I could be Graham.

quote Graham after speaking to Kirk for a while " Flight attendent, is there anyway I can down class my seat to couch, please.. please, no seriously pleeeeeeeeease"