Goodbye Jesus

It Can't Really Be Like This All The Time, Can It?

Skeptic

You plannin' on stayin' in Arkansas for the rest of yer days? :Hmm:

I have no idea where I'll end up!

I have no idea where I'll end up!

Well, I reckon that's a start. ;)

It sounds like there are several Tennesseans here . . . any of you in the Middle TN area? If so, I'd love to get together. It is indeed suffocating, the feeling that anybody we get to know is likely going to be a Christian of some type. I am at least excited that there is a secular homeschool coop starting up in my area. It seems nearly impossible to find nonreligious homeschool groups around here.

It sounds like there are several Tennesseans here . . . any of you in the Middle TN area? If so, I'd love to get together. It is indeed suffocating, the feeling that anybody we get to know is likely going to be a Christian of some type. I am at least excited that there is a secular homeschool coop starting up in my area. It seems nearly impossible to find nonreligious homeschool groups around here.

I'm spending next week in the Knoxville area of Tennessee. Spring Break. Is that close to where you live?

It seems to me that it takes a special kind of arrogance (as well as a heaping mound of self-delusion) to claim that one is carrying out the work of a deity or that one is so special as to be deserving of eternal bliss while the ordinary run of humanity deserves eternal torment.

Thank you,

I was trying to think of way of putting into words how I felt about those kinds of statements, and then found you had already done the perfect job.

IBF

I'm spending next week in the Knoxville area of Tennessee. Spring Break. Is that close to where you live?

Unfortunately, not really. We live about 45 minutes south/southwest of Nashville just off I-65.