Goodbye Jesus

Christians:

Guest Zoe Grace

Guest Son of Belial
Wow, it seems that you've heard a lot of people talk that weren't well versed in the scriptures.

I debated about how to respond to this statement and narrowed it down to two. I finally decided to use them both. So:

sarcastic response:

Look everyone, it's the 6,975,243th person to join who has the REAL truth! And think, 6,975,242 people prior said they had the answers and failed to convince us. But this one must be the REAL True Christian.

serious response:

Unfortunately, most of us are more familiar with scripture than 95% of the Christians that come here. Chances are, we're more familiar with it than you are. That's why we don't believe it, because we already know what it says, we've heard the myriad bullshit apologetic explanations and they were all just that: bullshit.

But maybe you have all the answers that the last 6,975,242 Christians who joined didn't have.

Yes, God has given us free will.  Otherwise, our love for him would be forced and wouldn't be true love at all.

That still doesn't answer the question of why he doesn't make his instruction to us more specific or make it easier for us to understand. He hasn't even given us a clear and concise body of literature, but rather a self-contradictory and silly set of myths.

Further, it was he who placed the serpent in the garden to tempt us, and it is he who allows Satan to run around tempting people even now, instead of placing a good entity on earth to run around trying to tell us GOOD things to do.

On top of all that, even if we are good, we'll still burn in Hell if we refuse to believe his book of bullshit.

God created us in his image for one purpose, to give him praise, to glorify him.

Sounds like he has an ego problem. Not only did he make us for the express purpose of eternally sobbing praises - I can imagine the hymnal he wrote for Adam and Eve - but he wants us to praise him of our own free will, and not as robots.

If he had created us without free will, it would have been like you or I writing I love you on a piece of paper. 

So he actually created a world of pain, suffering, hatred, starvation, heartbreak and death, just so that we could ignore the pain, suffering, hatred, starvation, heartbreak and death he placed all around us and give him our eternal gratitude for placing us in a world full of pain, suffering, hatred, starvation, heartbreak and death.

Imagine a parent acting like this and you'd condemn them. In fact, we're told to be more Godlike, but if any human committed the atrocities that your god is claimed to have committed, and acted like he supposedly does, there would be no sane person on earth who would not condemn the person as a sociopath and have him either locked up or executed.

That paper on its own has no choice but to say I love you unless we erase it.  God didn't want that kind of forced love because it holds no meaning.  He is glorified when people chose to believe in his son and live in him.  Ultimately, it's our choice.  Believe or don't believe.  You already know the consequences of not believing.

Right. He wants us to love him despite the horrors he has unleashed upon us, and then if we don't thank him for tormenting us in this life, he'll burn us in Hell forever.

And you're still babbling about how much he loves us? Are you SERIOUS?

"Since there would be no forgiveness IN heaven...else why can't you just confess when you die to begin with.  No, no second chances in heaven.  The bible is very clear there will be no sin in heaven, so ONE sin and you go to hell.  "

That's not the point of saying there is no sin.  Christians are forgiven their sin when they accept Jesus.  Figuratively, we are washed clean.  The price has already been paid for our sins.  When we enter Heaven, we will be pure, blameless.  Also, we wont sin once we are in Heaven.  Sin is a result of temptations placed before us by the Devil.  The Devil wont be in Heaven so there will be nothing to make us sin. 

What the fuck is your point?

I'll do my best to answer any more questions you throw my way.  You might email them to me so I'll be sure to see them.

This is your first post and your track record of successfully answered questions is exactly 0. I hope you can do better than this.

kychristian~

I think that was there way of saying "welcome".

:)

My mom tries to get around the God knowing all thing by saying that God CAN look into the future, but usually chooses not to...

Okay... sure...

Ooh, willful blindness!

kychristian~

I think that was there way of saying "welcome".

:)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Too funny TAP :) .

Merlin

Wow, it seems that you've heard a lot of people talk that weren't well versed in the scriptures.  Yes, God has given us free will.  Otherwise, our love for him would be forced and wouldn't be true love at all.

So... does God know all? (it says he does in the Bible, but I wonder if you know that part of the scriptures)

Since, according to the Bible, God knows all... that would mean that God would know what the future will be. If he doesn't, then he doesn't know all. (which means that either God or the Bible is lying. Either way, it casts doubts on everything in the Bible)

Since God knows what will happen before it does, (that's knowing the future, just in case you couldn't follow that minute leap in language) that would mean that the future is set. If it isn't, then God only knows what it MIGHT be, and wouldn't know what WILL be. (again, it means that either God or the Bible is lying)

Since the future is set, free will doesn't exist. (if free will exists, then the future is fluid... that is impossible if God knows all) Not only does free will not exist, but it means that our "love" for God is forced and not true love at all...

So, either God is all-knowing OR there is free will. If you insist that there is indeed free will, then you are contradicting the scriptures.

It's quite simple really... you can one or the other, but you can't have both.

At any rate supposedly the devil started out good with no temptation.  who tempted him?  did god create him morally imperfect?  If so...why?  to do all this?

Very good question...

What DID tempt the devil in this place where there was no temptation? Answer... it must have been GOD who tempted him.

God set the whole line of sin off, God is the ultimate sin... God won't allow any sin into heaven...

Ooops... Guess God will have to throw himself into hell as punishment for sinning. :HaHa:

Guest Son of Belial
What DID tempt the devil in this place where there was no temptation? Answer... it must have been GOD who tempted him.

EXCELLENT point! If Satan is the sole tempter, someone must have tempted him...

EXCELLENT point! If Satan is the sole tempter, someone must have tempted him...

Wow. Just. Wow.

Merlin