Goodbye Jesus

I Think From Now On I'll Say I Don't Care

willybilly30

Most groups are far away I don't have a car and This town don't have a greyhound place anymore.

I'd need to find someone in this town maybe looking into Alabama groups might help.

I'm not sure if I would fit in with a completely Atheist group tho I still like somethings in Wicca but the mythology I could do without.

I don't know I might fit in I have been in the Freespeechatheist group for a good while and seem to be ok there.

I'm courious why do you dress like a Mennonite do you not like modern clothes or like making your own?

Mennonites interest me as far as how they live without modern technology it seems like it'd be pretty rough.

Willy[/b], how about looking up an atheist or humanist or freethinker group in your area? Surely the atheist who thinks atheism is a religion is not typical of these groups. I don't try to change the religious people around me. Doesn't work. Besides, I'm not sure about the ethics of it. I just don't know. I am interested in what people believe so I can sometimes get them to tell me what church they go to and what they believe. I like looking up their church websites. This is just a personal interest of mine that I've had as far back as I can remember.

I still wear the traditional Mennonite dress but I no longer go to the Mennonite church so they ask what church I go to now. I say I don't go to church. I offer no more information though I think some people may be able to deduce from other things I value that I am rather far away from fundamentalist Christianity. A rabid fundy in evangelizing mode won't stop at anything and I think self-defense becomes number 1 priority for the victim in such a situation. But I'm talking mostly about people who care about protecting their career (there's laws about what they can and cannot say in their professional capacity) or who wish to retain neighbourly relationships. This is Canada and we don't have that large a population. Religion is divisive. Only nuts talk religion on the street. Then again, there are quite a number of hardwood trees native to Canada that grow nuts...

What part of Alabama do you live in? I live in Pensacola (which is 8 minutes away from Alabamer.)

Florduh's siggie says it all.

Damnit you stole my reply :lmao:

Most groups are far away I don't have a car and This town don't have a greyhound place anymore.

I'd need to find someone in this town maybe looking into Alabama groups might help.

I'm not sure if I would fit in with a completely Atheist group tho I still like somethings in Wicca but the mythology I could do without.

I don't know I might fit in I have been in the Freespeechatheist group for a good while and seem to be ok there.

I'm courious why do you dress like a Mennonite do you not like modern clothes or like making your own?

Mennonites interest me as far as how they live without modern technology it seems like it'd be pretty rough.

Willy[/b], how about looking up an atheist or humanist or freethinker group in your area? Surely the atheist who thinks atheism is a religion is not typical of these groups. I don't try to change the religious people around me. Doesn't work. Besides, I'm not sure about the ethics of it. I just don't know. I am interested in what people believe so I can sometimes get them to tell me what church they go to and what they believe. I like looking up their church websites. This is just a personal interest of mine that I've had as far back as I can remember.

I still wear the traditional Mennonite dress but I no longer go to the Mennonite church so they ask what church I go to now. I say I don't go to church. I offer no more information though I think some people may be able to deduce from other things I value that I am rather far away from fundamentalist Christianity. A rabid fundy in evangelizing mode won't stop at anything and I think self-defense becomes number 1 priority for the victim in such a situation. But I'm talking mostly about people who care about protecting their career (there's laws about what they can and cannot say in their professional capacity) or who wish to retain neighbourly relationships. This is Canada and we don't have that large a population. Religion is divisive. Only nuts talk religion on the street. Then again, there are quite a number of hardwood trees native to Canada that grow nuts...

What part of Alabama do you live in? I live in Pensacola (which is 8 minutes away from Alabamer.)

He's a lot further than 8 miles :lmao:

I would like to try a Unitarian Universalist church but they are far away and I don't know how to drive and their isn't a bus stop here anymore.

That's one thing I hate about this town most people think the same way and do the same thing.

One of these days I am going to move somewhere else.

Debating fundies is good on this site to help doubting fundies and give people ideas if they are confronted offline or something.

It's a lot easier online if you do it offline you usually have a big argument...of course that can happen here but you usually have time to think.

Maybe you could see if there's a local Unitarian Universalist church in the area? I've never been to to one myself to know what it's like, but I haven't heard any major complaints about them and from what I understand, you can basically believe what you want to in their church. Another possible good reason for debating with fundies is that for any xtians that are already having doubts that could be reading the discussion is that it might help them to finally come over to the dark side and can help newbie ex-xtians become more confident in themselves. But I agree that for the most part it's a waste of time which is one of the reasons why I tend to stick to debating with fundies at ex-c for the most part. I've never tried debating offline to know what it's like, but I imagine it must be easier to do online. Online it's easy to post links to sites for your sources and you can just link a fundie to a site like talkorigins.org if you want to explain something complicated like biology to them whereas I'd imagine that offline you'd have to have all your arguments and sources and printed material memorized before you engage in a debate with a fundie.

I live in the north west part. I live 340 miles it's a 5 hour drive from you according to mapquest.

Willy, defintely learn how to drive and get your licensce, it'll open up a whole lot of doors for you. You can come to birmingham where there's a lot more freethinkers.(Mostly b'ham southside.) Even if it takes you a while, keep at it. It took me until I was 30 to get my licensce, but I did it.

I wish I could move to Birmingham it's got just about anything you could want up there.

I used to know alot pagans there but I lost touch with them.

I think they have public transportation too.

I been out of work about 2 years now my mom talked me into trying to get on disability and getting a non driver's id so i may not can get a license.

No, one would teach me to drive anyway no one thinks I could learn to drive.

Funny I learned how to sand furniture and run machines where I used to work.

I don't think their is any factories there but I could probally do something else.

Willy, defintely learn how to drive and get your licensce, it'll open up a whole lot of doors for you. You can come to birmingham where there's a lot more freethinkers.(Mostly b'ham southside.) Even if it takes you a while, keep at it. It took me until I was 30 to get my licensce, but I did it.