Goodbye Jesus

All Metaphysical/paranormal Phenomena Explained

Guest soulman

Guest soulman

All metaphysical phenomena (all) are characteristics, traits, abilities or experiences of our spiritual nature, emanating from our souls.

The reasons we are so confused by the variety of metaphysical/spiritual phenomena is because religions, primarily Christianity, especially the Roman Catholic Church, banned most of our important spiritual abilities and traits as "heretical,’ “demonic,” or “no longer occurring.”

I've just completed a trilogy of books jointly entitled Awakening The Soul explaining the history behind this suppression, and providing a channeled method to overcome it. These books posit four things:

1. All "metaphysical phenomena" (also described as paranormal phenomena, psi, psychic event, parapsychology, etc.) is actually our spiritual nature at work.

2. Religions suppressed awareness of our spiritual nature by making almost everything metaphysical off-limits, sinful or evil, and intimidated science into not investigating metaphysical phenomena (our spiritual nature) under the penalty of death

3. This led to our current confusion and ignorance about our spiritual nature, with most of us thinking it is something outside ourselves, while in truth it is really our internal spiritual nature in action.

4. I provide remarkable spiritual tools to restore that spiritual nature, in Christian terms.

Book One: Proof of Our Spiritual Nature presents more than 80 differing examples of our metaphysical/spiritual nature, and explains 10 of them in depth.

Book 2: Our Suppressed Spiritual Nature reveals why we lost awareness of our spiritual nature, primarily through religious suppression for the last 2000 years.

Book 3: Restoring Your Spiritual Nature is a primarily channeled text providing exercises to restore our spiritual nature. It includes startling directions on how to reprogram the ego, and assign the Soul to be in charge of all our daily activities. It has been called “The key to the 12th Step” of AA and other addiction programs because it provides the necessary spiritual awakening.

Awakening The Soul: The Trilogy is now available, containing all three volumes in one 725-page reduced price text, with hundreds of new facts and enhancements.

Soul Theft: How Religions Seized Control of Humanity’s Spiritual Nature, a mainstream version of ATS: Book 2 is now also available.

A great deal of additional information can be found at: awakeningthesoul.info

Questions are welcome!

All the books, and reduced-price E-books are available through the publisher,

( authorhouse.com ) which also provides the best (quickest) overall service.

Also available on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.,

Thanks!

• Super Moderator

At last! Someone with all the answers - and those answers we all need so badly are for sale!

God Damn It!!!! I spent all of my money on The God Delusion and The Reason Driven Life! Fuck!!!

It's a book troll, posting little snid bits about a book that is so fascinating it just screams to be read!

Here's an idea: how about picking up a science book? Have you read the title of this forum? It's called EX-christians. Meaning that none of us believe in this crap anymore.

Guest soulman
Here's an idea: how about picking up a science book? Have you read the title of this forum? It's called EX-christians. Meaning that none of us believe in this crap anymore.

WRONG!! The fact that many don't believe in Christianity any more DOES NOT mean they are not interested in their own personal spirituality. These books explain what our spiritual nature is, and how to get back in touch with it. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water!

Soulman

• Super Moderator
These books explain what our spiritual nature is, and how to get back in touch with it.

What is the authority for this insight? Handed down from god? Found on a golden tablet? A dream? A regurgitation of some of the thousands of other so-called New Age writings?

Is there any real evidence that this information is true?

Guest soulman
These books explain what our spiritual nature is, and how to get back in touch with it.

What is the authority for this insight? Handed down from god? Found on a golden tablet? A dream? A regurgitation of some of the thousands of other so-called New Age writings?

Is there any real evidence that this information is true?

It's original, it's heavily researched and documented, and it works, from a former professional skeptic, a daily newspaper editor.

• Super Moderator
It's original, it's heavily researched and documented, and it works, from a former professional skeptic, a daily newspaper editor.

The desire to live in a magical world is something I think most of us have. For some, the desire outweighs everything else.

I also have heavily researched the field because I would like it to be so. Living in a realm of supernatural beings and events would be quite exciting and fulfilling. Unfortunately, after much study and sincere attempts to experience true spirituality, I had to conclude it's bunk.

The mystical market represents a great deal of money, and the greed of fakery and endless books, tapes and seminars helps keep the idea of the supernatural a viable product. Though many are quite sincere in their beliefs, what they experience is, in the end, a product of the mind. Mental states altered through various means, and wishful thinking mixed with a lack of critical thinking can accomplish miracles and wonders. Being slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues, spontaneous healing, astral projection, NDE, remote viewing, ghosts and more are accomplished in this manner.

I studied, tried to believe, and experimented myself. The problem is that I never stopped thinking.

WRONG!! The fact that many don't believe in Christianity any more DOES NOT mean they are not interested in their own personal spirituality. These books explain what our spiritual nature is, and how to get back in touch with it. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water!

The bottom line is, you have no empirical evidence of any of this. Meanwhile, we have more and more evidence that "spiritual phenomena" is a result of the human brain tricking itself. The brain is a very complex organ that we have only now started to understand, and we have yet to understand everything that the brain is capable of. Do some research in the field of neuroscience and then we'll talk.

It's real simple. Demonstrate these metaphysical occurrences. If they are natural and were simply suppressed, they ought to be reproducible, and scientifically studied. If they can't be, then your book is more useful as toilet paper.

All metaphysical phenomena (all) are characteristics, traits, abilities or experiences of our spiritual nature, emanating from our souls.

The reasons we are so confused by the variety of metaphysical/spiritual phenomena is because religions, primarily Christianity, especially the Roman Catholic Church, banned most of our important spiritual abilities and traits as "heretical,’ “demonic,” or “no longer occurring.”

I know there are a bunch of "naysayers" on here but I, for one, believe this.

I had a large Mexican dinner last night. And I believe I experienced my "spiritual nature, emanating from [my soul]" for much of the evening (though I can't say I've heard it put quite this way before). I can truly understand, based on what I was experiencing, how this could be considered "demonic" (I'm not sure about the other two but definitely "demonic" since I believe I detected a more than a hint of sulfur).

So thank you for sharing. I hope that others won't be so quick to poo-poo your ideas in the future.

mwc

Guest soulman

You skeptics sound like you belong more on an atheist's forum than ex-Christian. Dropping your religion is one thing (I'm an Ex myself) but you cannot deny the reality of your spiritual nature just because you are ignorant about its existence.

Being skeptical and doubtful are healthy traits until they block knowledge and experience, and until you experience your spiritual nature as I have, you simply haven't awakened to the truth about your reality.

You can choose which of these axioms may apply to you:

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."

Carl Gustav Jung

Founder, Jungian Psychology

(1875-1961)

Those inclined to dismiss these claims are invited to ponder Schopenhauer's famous axiom:

"All truth passes through three stages.

"First, it is ridiculed.

"Second, it is violently opposed.

"Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer

German philosopher

(1788 - 1860)

"There is no adequate defense, except stupidity, against the impact of a new idea."

Percy Williams Bridgman (1882-1961)

U. S. physicist, Nobel Prize, 1946.

Being smirkingly confident when you're dead wrong, as several of you have demonstrated, would be laughable if it wasn't such an important issue.

I've just completed a trilogy of books jointly entitled Awakening The Soul explaining the history behind this suppression, and providing a channeled method to overcome it. These books posit four things:

1. All "metaphysical phenomena" (also described as paranormal phenomena, psi, psychic event, parapsychology, etc.) is actually our spiritual nature at work.

2. Religions suppressed awareness of our spiritual nature by making almost everything metaphysical off-limits, sinful or evil, and intimidated science into not investigating metaphysical phenomena (our spiritual nature) under the penalty of death

3. This led to our current confusion and ignorance about our spiritual nature, with most of us thinking it is something outside ourselves, while in truth it is really our internal spiritual nature in action.

4. I provide remarkable spiritual tools to restore that spiritual nature, in Christian terms.

Book One: Proof of Our Spiritual Nature presents more than 80 differing examples of our metaphysical/spiritual nature, and explains 10 of them in depth.

Book 2: Our Suppressed Spiritual Nature reveals why we lost awareness of our spiritual nature, primarily through religious suppression for the last 2000 years.

Book 3: Restoring Your Spiritual Nature is a primarily channeled text providing exercises to restore our spiritual nature. It includes startling directions on how to reprogram the ego, and assign the Soul to be in charge of all our daily activities. It has been called “The key to the 12th Step” of AA and other addiction programs because it provides the necessary spiritual awakening.

Awakening The Soul: The Trilogy is now available, containing all three volumes in one 725-page reduced price text, with hundreds of new facts and enhancements.

Soul Theft: How Religions Seized Control of Humanity’s Spiritual Nature, a mainstream version of ATS: Book 2 is now also available.

A great deal of additional information can be found at: awakeningthesoul.info

Questions are welcome!

All the books, and reduced-price E-books are available through the publisher,

( authorhouse.com ) which also provides the best (quickest) overall service.

Also available on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.,

Thanks!

Have you realized that you struck out here yet?

I think it would be great if we had magical powers, but the reality is that we don't. I think it would be great if a god actually existed, but the reality is that he/she/it doesn't. I think it would be great if there was some wonderful afterlife to look forward to after we die, but the reality is that there isn't. I think it would be great if we had a soul that could experience an afterlife, but the reality is that we don't.

Reality isn't what we might wish it to be in a lot of ways sometimes, but I personally believe that it is important to accept reality as it is, whether we happen to like it or not.

I looked your first book up on Amazon, and it looks to me like it hasn't sold well at all. It has a very low sales rank and only one review. I wish you better luck with sales in the future, but I don't think you're going to find much of a market here for your books or your beliefs.

I used to be a Christian. I used to believe in god. I used to believe in the existence of the soul. I used to believe in an afterlife. Etc.... Critical thinking and research led me away from all of those beliefs, and the same will probably lead me away from sharing your beliefs, even if I should decide to give your books a look simply out of curiosity...

• Super Moderator

Your "arguments" can be used as well for the existence of fairies, unicorns, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and Jesus. So what?

I told you I made serious inquiry of the subject and found it lacking. I came to a different conclusion than you. Get over it.

You skeptics sound like you belong more on an atheist's forum than ex-Christian. Dropping your religion is one thing (I'm an Ex myself) but you cannot deny the reality of your spiritual nature just because you are ignorant about its existence.

Being skeptical and doubtful are healthy traits until they block knowledge and experience, and until you experience your spiritual nature as I have, you simply haven't awakened to the truth about your reality.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud."

Carl Gustav Jung

Founder, Jungian Psychology

(1875-1961)

Those inclined to dismiss these claims are invited to ponder Schopenhauer's famous axiom:

"First, it is ridiculed.

Arthur Schopenhauer

German philosopher

(1788 - 1860)

"There is no adequate defense, except stupidity, against the impact of a new idea."

Percy Williams Bridgman (1882-1961)

U. S. physicist, Nobel Prize, 1946.

Being smirkingly confident when you're dead wrong, as several of you have demonstrated, would be laughable if it wasn't such an important issue.

So now we are stupid because we don't find merit in your beliefs/ideas? Telling people that they are stupid isn't generally a way to win friends and influence people...

I am an Ex-Christian. I'm also an atheist. I didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I did a lot of thinking and a lot of research and came to the conclusion that not only were my former religious beliefs bunk, but also my belief in god as well. I ditched both, and I'm better off for it.

Just FYI, I spent a few of my pre-Christian teenage years being very interested in spiritual stuff - the stuff I now know as an older and much more critical thinker is bunk. I have investigated Eastern religion and thought, and while some of it is appealing, I'm not a believer or practitioner of any of it.

I choose to base my life and my beliefs on reason and rational thought and on what can be demonstrated to have a basis in reality. If I'm "dead wrong" as you assert, then show me how and why I am wrong. Give me some evidence to support your beliefs. Some proof would be nice too. Surely you can offer those without charging money for them...

I may well choose to check your books out simply out of curiosity, but I think it unlikely that I will ever share your beliefs...

Let me clue you in soulman. I *AM* an atheist. You see I walked out of the whole xian thing, took a good hard look around, and found no evidence (let me repeat that word for you EVIDENCE) for this magical world of "souls" and "spirits" that you speak about. I found no "god." So I adopted the word "atheist" to describe myself. Should I not believe in "god" but believe in a "soul?" A "spirit?" For what purpose? They are equally nonsensical but I welcome YOU, soulman, to demonstrate that they do, in fact, exist. I won't simply take your word. You are free to show they exist and there are people that will give you, upon doing this, 1 million dollars. What a great deal for everyone. You. Me. Everyone. So go at it and show the existence of these things so you get that money, and money from your books, and people like me opening their minds to your ideas because of this new verified proof, leading to me buying your books and so on. It's nothing but upsides all around. Go to it and help the masses and yourself.

Oh. I see. So it's entirely subjective. Just a little squirt of a brain chemical under the proper conditions which you've decided to call "soul" and/or "spirit." Darn. And I was really pulling for you.

[snip]

Those are my only options? Why only those?

Why is it such an important issue? Why does it matter if I believe in a "soul" or "spirit" or put forth the slightest effort doing anything about them (even if I were to take your word that such things were to exist for the simple matter of these questions)?

mwc

"First, it is ridiculed.

Arthur Schopenhauer

German philosopher

(1788 - 1860)

Yes, and Schopenhauer also had this to say about eugenics: "If we could castrate all scoundrels and stick all stupid geese in a convent, and give men of noble character a whole harem, and procure men, and indeed thorough men, for all girls of intellect and understanding, then a generation would soon arise which would produce a better age than that of Pericles." So why should I listen to this guy?

Well, you have yet to convince me that you're right, and much of the evidence that I have done on the subject proves that you are wrong. Could there be something like this out there? I admit that I don't know for sure, and science doesn't have a definitive answer, but there's lots of evidence that points to the conclusion that it's just a mind game. Either way, it doesn't affect me too much.

Guest soulman

I could have added one of my own skeptic's quotes:

"Those who think they know everything

still have a lot to learn."

• Super Moderator

Read it, learn it, live it. You're the one claiming to have all the answers.

Yes, and Schopenhauer also had this to say about eugenics: "If we could castrate all scoundrels and stick all stupid geese in a convent, and give men of noble character a whole harem, and procure men, and indeed thorough men, for all girls of intellect and understanding, then a generation would soon arise which would produce a better age than that of Pericles."

So... did Schopenhauer ever open this harem? (said the thoroughly noble man) :wicked:

• Super Moderator
All Metaphysical/paranormal Phenomena Explained

You know, that's quite a boast. However, you haven't explained anything - only tried to sell books.

Now, who was it claiming to know everything and certain they were right?

You just have to love someone who comes on here and his very first post is to peddle his books. Soulman, why didn't you take some time to first introduce yourself to the forum, to have taken some time to share your story, especially your de-conversion story (especially since this is an ex-Christian web site) and get to know us as well? Perhaps, once the members here got to you know you, have heard your story and read some responses you had as you interacted with other members, then we might even be open to hearing about your books. When the first post is to promote something for sale, even if it is on topic, then it is considered to be only one thing:

SPAM!!!

The fact that you come across as arrogant does not help you either. And, further, you continue to say nothing and, in the process, do nothing to entice a single one of us her to even want to think about considering your books, let alone what you have to say.

My recommendation: start over, get to know us and let us get to know you.

Even better: you could just forget the above recommendation and just go away. That would actually be best, in my opinion.

Soulman I'm skeptical of anyone who refers to themselves as a channeler? Why should I believe you? Anyone can say they channeled something from god?

I could say this for example: "God just told me your full of crap he never talked to you and to be skeptical of channlers remember jonestone, heaven'sgate and What happened to them!"

So, did I make this up or did God actually tell me to say it?

Also you make this statement:

"4. I provide remarkable spiritual tools to restore that spiritual nature, in Christian terms."

Can you answer something I been wondering about the new age movement for awhile now...Why do you all kiss Jesus ass? Can't you people come up with your own ideas? You got to use a book with ridiculous things in it like Adam coming from dirt, Eve coming from a rib, and Mary having a baby without a sex Why do new agers need to get a bunch of bullshit and recycle it into something else?

You also tell Atheists this statement:

"but you cannot deny the reality of your spiritual nature just because you are ignorant about its existence."

Who are you to judge and say whose in denial of their spiritual nature? What makes you the judge on who is spiritual or not?

Too me that sounds too much like a christian who says your in denial cause you don't believe the way I do.

You don't even know anyone here and Your going to sit their and say whose spiritual or not?

Believe it or not I know some Atheists who are spiritual, I have even seen topics where they said there might be ghosts, phychic abilitys and maybe supernatural.

So, why don't you find out about people before you start spewing stuff you know nothing about.

I think in reality what your saying is you think anyone who don't go by your sugar coated bullshit form of christian crap is wrong.

Ok, my god I was channeling from wants to smoke so see you later.

He always wants to give you one of these :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...

The pot calling the kettle black, eh? I have not come across a regular member here that claims to know everything; we all admit there are things we may never know.