Goodbye Jesus

Sound of a Screaming Mother

Guest aexapo

Guest aexapo

Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done

They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

He must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies

The only grief he allows himself are long, deep sighs

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

They say that he died so that the flag will continue to wave

But I believe he died because they had oil to save

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?

The leaders want to keep you numb so the pain won't be so deep

But if we the people let them continue another mother will weep

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?

- by the sister of Casey Sheehan, d. 4/4/04 - Iraq.

http://www.gsfp.org/

Beautiful. Really beautiful.

Ever heard of a soldier who probabaly would be disgusted by the actions of his family?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm

PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH

Mon Aug 08 2005 10:11:07 ET

The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch -- has dramatically changed her account about what happened when she met the commander-in-chief last summer!

Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who last year praised Bush for bringing her family the "gift of happiness," took to the nation's TV outlets this weekend to declare how Bush "killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity."

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

CINDY 2005

Sheehan's current comments are a striking departure.

She vowed on Sunday to continue her protest until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son?"

In an interview on CNN, she claimed Bush "acted like it was party" when she met him last year.

"It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

BLITZER: Like a party? I mean...

SHEEHAN: Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies. He didn't even pretend like somebody...

END

On her current media tour, Sheehan has not been asked to explain her twist on Bush; from praise to damnation!

Developing...

Ever heard of a soldier who probabaly would be disgusted by the actions of his family?

If only he could have lived long enough to be disgusted.

Sounds like a typical case of grief and reality finally setting in. Initially these people were in shock at their loss, and weren't allowed to grieve properly. Now that time has passed, and they can think clearly, they realize that their son/brother died and all they got to show for it is a folded flag.

Not much of a consolation.

Dying for "patriotism" is one thing. Dying for a question mark is another.

Maybe they changed their minds when they found out that Bush is the only president in the history of this nation who has not attended 1 funeral or memorial service for a fallen service man/woman.

And with his vacation time it isn't like he hasn't had the time.

If Bush felt 1 ounce of true compassion toward the people he has sent off to die and endangered with lacking equiptment. He has an od way of showing it.

Loose a child for a cause that you don't believe in and then critisize these people.

PR

Maybe they changed their minds when they found out that Bush is the only president in the history of this nation who has not attended 1 funeral or memorial service for a fallen service man/woman.

If Bush felt 1 ounce of true compassion toward the people he has sent off to die and endangered with lacking equiptment. He has an od way of showing it.

Loose a child for a cause that you don't believe in and then critisize these people.

PR

Damn, PR. Is this true that Bush has never attended a soldier's funeral? How can we prove this? Has it been documented, or is it just another "myth"? I'm not questioning you, I just like to have hard facts before I jump on any bandwagon bashing some dimwit.

If this has been documented, then Bush needs a knot jerked in his ass, cause that is fucked up.

Be nice if that ground pounder was alive to be disgusted..

kL

Funny I just got this in email:

I'm the girl standing behind you in line at the grocery store, eyeing the newest Support Our Troops magnet while paging through the latest issue of Cosmo. the look on my face is complacent and my thoughts are thousands of miles away on some military base.

I'm the young girl in the next car with the windows rolled up and the glassy visage only on the road ahead. The radio is set to one of the local country stations which is currently playing 'Letters from Home'..but you can't hear it cause you're talking to a family member or a friend on your cell phone. You catch a glance at the soldiers sticker on the bumper of my car but you don't know that when the song reaches 'my dearest love it's almost dawn, I've been laying here all night long, wondering where you might be', my heart breaks a thousand times.

I'm the girl who visits the army wife web site at odd hours of the night to find some kind of comfort for that lonesome feeling that has settled in the pit of my stomach.

I'm the woman who has fought an inner battle, trying to accept the path the man I love has chosen. I'm the woman who will willingly sacrifice my family, my home to follow a man clear across the country. I'm the woman who never asked for this, but deals with it without complaint.

I'm the young woman who swells with pride everytime I see my soldier standing tall in his BDU's. I'm the one who spots a soldier sticker, license plate, or flag and feels a connection with it's owner,hoping that maybe she's not alone in this melancholy, sacrificial situation.

I'm the one who hates war but knows that it's a necessary thing. I'm the one who supports the troops, regardless of my own opinion of the president. He is the boss of my husband, because he's the man who are troops are fighting under.

I'm the woman who tries my hardest to go about my everyday life. I'm the woman who tries to concentrate during my classes and do the job I get paid to do. I am the woman who hates sleeping alone. I'm the woman who closes my eyes and pretends that the man I love is laying right there next to me, his arms wrapped around me. I am the woman who tries not to miss him, who tries not to cry whenever I hear his name or even the mention of soldiers. I am the woman who is terrified that the love of my life will be sent off to war.

I am many things

A daughter,

A sister,

A cousin,

A mother,

A niece,

A friend,

But most importantly, I am the wife of a United States Soldier.

Damn, PR.  Is this true that Bush has never attended a soldier's funeral?  How can we prove this?  Has it been documented, or is it just another "myth"?  I'm not questioning you, I just like to have hard facts before I jump on any bandwagon bashing some dimwit.

If this has been documented, then Bush needs a knot jerked in his ass, cause that is fucked up.

You can read about it here TK, which sites as a source from a question from Maureen Dowd of the New York Times.

Lists the Presidents that have attended funerals as well.

Have Presidents in the Past Attended the Funerals of Dead Soldiers? (History News Network)

PR

Um........I didn't attend my own mother's funeral. Did I grieve? Well, lets put it this way....I came close to joining her myself.

Personally I am not sure if the President doesn't attend funerals out of a desire to not show favoritism or not, but if that is the reason I understand and accept it.

Let me say that I do not support the war in Iraq nor Bush. But I distrust many who say they support the troops and are concerned for their safety. After all, the same bunch, when U.S. troops win battles will cry about dead Iraqis, some gonig as far as calling the U.S. troops murderers.

I'm against the war, but don't trust the peace crowd. No sir.

Um........I didn't attend my own mother's funeral.  Did I grieve?  Well, lets put it this way....I came close to joining her myself.

Not to be little your loss at all but that's different. I'm honestly sorry for your loss.

He is sending these people to their deaths literally though. Not only with the war but into battle with faulty or no protective equipment. Solidiers families are asked to buy flack jackets for the troops.

PR

Not to be little your loss at all but that's different. I'm honestly sorry for your loss.

He is sending these people to their deaths literally though. Not only with the war but into battle with faulty or no protective equipment. Solidiers families are asked to buy flack jackets for the troops.

PR

Here's a link showing the compassion from the White House for the soldiers coming home. Here

Compassionate conservative my ass.

I don't want to cast aspersions on her motives. Maybe she did change her mind after thinking about her loss. If that is the case, then she should say so and put it to rest. She has every right to change her mind and be vocal about it. But the media attention stinks, since I'm sure that there are soldier's parents who disagree with her.

PR

I know. I was just commenting on that one point about the funeral, but yes, I agree that the whole thing stinks. The U.S. soldiers lack of needed equipment is inexcusable.

A shame yes that he died. But if I were to die, I damn sure wouldn't want my parents to pull a stunt like that. I could think of nothing would disgust me more than them using my death in the service to my country for some garbage like that.

You can read about it here TK, which sites as a source from  a question from Maureen Dowd of the New York Times. 

Lists the Presidents that have attended funerals as well. 

Have Presidents in the Past Attended the Funerals of Dead Soldiers?  (History News Network)

Thanks for the link, Japedo.

More Death in Iraq: A Reluctant Soldier's Story

Two days before he left for Iraq last November, Gennaro Pellegrini, Jr., a 31-year-old Philly cop and up-and-coming boxer, questioned the "so-called war." He will not be returning from it.

The obvious reality is that we'll never know exactly what Casey Sheehan, who was ambushed and killed in Sadr City in April 2004, thought about the war. But we do know what Gennaro Pellegrini thought, because he told us

Editor & Publisher Article

PR

I will always support the soldiers who have to fight for whatever reason, and the fact that, right or wrong, they have no choice.

That people will all too likely equate not supporting the cause is the same as not supporting the troops is what's saddening and scary.

PR

And who is against military funding much of the time? Liberals.

And who is against military funding much of the time?  Liberals.

And who is responsible for our troops NOW? And the shortage now?

Giving Billions for contracts that are less than above board?

But no money for the troops they send into battle?

PR

Guest aexapo
Let me say that I do not support the war in Iraq nor Bush.  But I distrust many who say they support the troops and are concerned for their safety.  After all, the same bunch, when U.S. troops win battles will cry about dead Iraqis, some gonig as far as calling the U.S. troops murderers.

I'm against the war, but don't trust the peace crowd.  No sir.

Of course, there's a thousand different "peace crowds" -- I'd have no problem marching in protest to THIS war, but I'm not opposed to war (in itself) as a last resort. I support our troops, but I don't support this war or the president -- although he had my support for Afghanistan.

I'm opposed to certain pacifists who believe that perhaps we didn't use enough diplomacy for Hitler, and call our troops baby-killers . . . I have a hankerin' that this is what you're referring to . . . but all those who WANT peace aren't this crazy.

I believe that world peace is possible, but not in our lifetime. It won't happen until the energy wars are over, and that won't happen until the US no longer wages them.