Goodbye Jesus

Sound of a Screaming Mother

Guest aexapo

And who is responsible for our troops NOW? And the shortage now?

Giving Billions for contracts that are less than above board?

But no money for the troops they send into battle?

PR

Companies cheating the government and the military are hardly a new phenomeon. Niether is getting kickbacks. It probably happens in every administration.

AEXAPEO,

I admire your ability to put up with what I see as really dumshit comments. The last time I posted a thread I couldn't keep my cool. (I spent time in the hall for this very reason and so I am trying my best to keep it under control) Yet it is clear that a few people on this bb think

911 and Iraq are connected! Osama and Saddam are the same person! Karl Rove has been pronounced innocent. Fox News with its millions, Card Blanch White House access, focus on rEAL nEWS like Michael Jackson and Aruba is somehow equal to Air America that supports itself on endorsing car insurance plugs and phone interviews with bloggers. I get e-mails from sfs who says, "I know karate"" (What should I expect from a guy who wears spandex?

So sorry for the highjack! I hope this pisses some people off! but I have found much better ground to communicate with people on. Again I admire your ability to stick it out with these assholes!

Dying for "patriotism" is one thing.  Dying for a question mark is another.

What's the difference? Patriotism is faith repackaged for secular life instead of religious life.

A shame yes that he died.  But if I were to die, I damn sure wouldn't want my parents to pull a stunt like that.  I could think of nothing would disgust me more than them using my death in the service to my country for some garbage like that.

But that's you, Viventrox. You have no idea what that soldier would have wanted. His family might have a better idea of that then you, if you'll pardon my saying so.

Regardless, he can't tell us what he would have wanted. He's dead.

I thought I remebered reading he was proud about serving and such.

Let me say that I do not support the war in Iraq nor Bush.  But I distrust many who say they support the troops and are concerned for their safety.  After all, the same bunch, when U.S. troops win battles will cry about dead Iraqis, some gonig as far as calling the U.S. troops murderers.

The same crowd? Really? Got some documentation for that? I haven't heard Wesley Clark call US troops murderers.

And who is against military funding much of the time?  Liberals.

What a load of crap. Yes, we're against funding unnecessary weapons systems (like the Bradley fighting vehicle) and expensive projects that don't work (missile defense). But when it comes to supplying the soldiers and funding the VA liberals have the better voting record.

I thought I remebered reading he was proud about serving and such.

You can be proud to serve and still oppose the Iraq war. Remember, active duty troops aren't allowed to say if they oppose the war, so we don't know what they think about it.

I'm sorry you think it's a "stunt" to try to get our government to stop an unnecessary war.

What a load of crap. Yes, we're against funding unnecessary weapons systems (like the Bradley fighting vehicle) and expensive projects that don't work (missile defense). But when it comes to supplying the soldiers and funding the VA liberals have the better voting record.

Who decides what weapon systems are unnecessary? Bradley fighting vehicles have been around for quite a spell, and the soldiers that ride in them would probably think of them as quite necessary. (spouse of soldier who used to ride in Bradley's on a daily basis)

Beaurocrats (sp) in Washington really don't know what soldiers need on the battlefield. Yes the military does have to be prepared to fight wars, even during peacetime. Someone probably thought that flakjackets weren't necessary for every soldier and that is why there are shortages. Btw those things weigh a ton in case you didn't know.

Who decides what weapon systems are unnecessary?  Bradley fighting vehicles have been around for quite a spell, and the soldiers that ride in them would probably think of them as quite necessary. (spouse of soldier who used to ride in Bradley's on a daily basis)

Beaurocrats (sp) in Washington really don't know what soldiers need on the battlefield. Yes the military does have to be prepared to fight wars, even during peacetime. Someone probably thought that flakjackets weren't necessary for every soldier and that is why there are shortages. Btw those things weigh a ton in case you didn't know.

Not to mention they just started fielding a newer type for the the ground pounders supposedly. Takes a long time to get a new piece of gear to all the troops. Heck, I was a desk jockey in my time at the more dangersous places and I had a flak jacket, albiet not always of the most mordern type in use at the time.

Guest aexapo
Not to mention they just started fielding a newer type for the the ground pounders supposedly.  Takes a long time to get a new piece of gear to all the troops.  Heck, I was a desk jockey in my time at the more dangersous places and I had a flak jacket, albiet not always of the most mordern type in use at the time.

Didn't seem like they were in an all-fire hurry to equip them either, until the media stories hit where guys were asking friends and family to buy them one off the internet. Really sad: Uncle Sam send me to war, and Mom and Dad have to buy my armor. Sounds like some shit from the Revolutionary war.

The 5th Street BBQ Cooking Society and Old Fat Guys Milita have helped ensure that several of the smaller sized lady medics were suitably equipped with modern fitting armor.

Cost eash for Threat III-A vests, trauma panels check and back, crotch protector and thigh skirt, replaceable interior peices and kevlar t-shirts, shipped, was right at 2900 usd each set.

Three sets, paid for by donation, special order through Second Chance and Safariland.

Why?

UnkaSham seems to have forgotton not everyone going to play with guns and explosives is *not* six feet-two meters tall and barrel chested.

One of our Ladies has already had her vest save her from serious harm. SC got a replacement vest to her in a week (amazing in itself due to distance constraints)

What pises me off the most about this, when kids got to Iraq they were told their gear wasn't *issue*, "wouldn't be allowed to be fielded."

From what I was told more than a few of the girls teammates made sure that the offending supply REMFs did not take their custom fitted gear.

We folks back home have helped on our part, even me, the one who hates the premise and purpose of this murderous occupation.. Won't have someone do without protective tools and equipment best I can.

kL

I agree 100%.  Without soldiers, we wouldn't be free from English rule.  However, I still get upset about the Indians.  But I teach my children that almost ALL races fight and have/have had wars within their own groups too.  That way they know that it is something that has happened for thousands of years because of human desire for power.

Good that you don't promote "victimhood" like so many seem to want to promote.

I agree 100%.  Without soldiers, we wouldn't be free from English rule.  However, I still get upset about the Indians.  But I teach my children that almost ALL races fight and have/have had wars within their own groups too.  That way they know that it is something that has happened for thousands of years because of human desire for power.

Bit of history thankful.. It was not "standing army" made up of paid professionals that put most of the hurt on KingGeo's forces..

First five years of AmRev done for most part by the locals, "the Milita", armed men giving their time, lifes and guns to the Cause.

Wasn't until much later that Congress authorized the Continential Army and spent the fiat dollars to equip, train, and pay "the Army".

Even with an Army the Milita, the volunteers foyght in every action right up to Yorktown, and even in to deep 1783 when the Treaty of Paris was signed, "offically" ending the fighting and England recognising American self determination and goverance.

kL

Ever heard of a soldier who probabaly would be disgusted by the actions of his family?

Hmm... no, I don't.

But the poem is beautiful just the same :)

The 5th Street BBQ Cooking Society and Old Fat Guys Milita have helped ensure that several of the smaller sized lady medics were suitably equipped with modern fitting armor.

Cost eash for Threat III-A vests, trauma panels check and back, crotch protector and thigh skirt, replaceable interior peices and kevlar t-shirts, shipped, was right at 2900 usd each set.

Three sets, paid for by donation, special order through Second Chance and Safariland.

Why?

UnkaSham seems to have forgotton not everyone going to play with guns and explosives is *not* six feet-two meters tall and barrel chested.

One of our Ladies has already had her vest save her from serious harm. SC got a replacement vest to her in a week (amazing in itself due to distance constraints)

What pises me off the most about this, when kids got to Iraq they were told their gear wasn't *issue*, "wouldn't be allowed to be fielded."

From what I was told more than a few of the girls teammates made sure that the offending supply REMFs did not take their custom fitted gear.

We folks back home have helped on our part, even me, the one who hates the premise and purpose of this murderous occupation.. Won't have someone do without protective tools and equipment best I can.

kL

My active duty soldier husband said to tell you thank you very much Nivek.

My active duty soldier husband said to tell you thank you very much Nivek.

Lana,

We supply as many of our Medics with whatever gear they request from Stateside.

Seems simple things, disposables, are in need by the gunt_getters. We've sent boxes of assorted catheters, poky things, sanitary gear and even heavier duty nitrile gloves to them in care packages, all marked "x-moose gifts" or "happy birthday!!"

Guess UnkaSham kinda forbids them using gear not obtained through regular issue.

Dunno if the wounded guys they treat with modern and sterile packaged gear object much...

We try to do what we can for those who are doing so much with as little as they are issued..

kL