Goodbye Jesus

Tell The Truth

gypsy79

Okay, this is my first poll, so I hope it works correctly. Anywho, just answer the best you can and please tell me more! Expand on your feelings. Get it all out there -- after you return from church, of course. In the spirit of full disclosure, today my answer is "No! What a colossal waste of time" but sometimes on bad days, I do feel like it's "Hell no!".

Guest Net Eng

I believe my answer to the Any Gods? on my avatar says it all...

I also chose a "No! What a colossal waste of time".

I am spending my day between work and looking into quantum computing more.

Sundays are for sleeping in, and only venturing out of the fortress if absolutley necessary.

:sing:

I would to go to Church and do

Some anthropology

Sittin in the pew and singin

A doxology

Hittin on the girls and thinking

Of biology

Truth be known I think church

Is like phrenology

It seems little more than

Emotional ecology

What a colossal waste of time

I’ve got better things

To do with my mind

hell no hate it with all my heart and soul.

I woke up at 12 pm, so nope. Even if I was awake, there's no way in hell I'd be at church.

No, what a colossal waste of time.

Sleeping in is a much better use of my time. :grin:

I was sleeping to about 10:30, 11 this morning. It was great. I love an easy Sunday morning (Lionel Richie tune begins :lol: ). Get up when you want, fix some coffee, drink it in the quietness (my sons were still sleeping), listening the sounds of nature outdoors... rain this morning, no birds singing and playing :( checking email, boards, and blogs. Very nice. Sometimes I listen to the Non-Prophets podcast and alike.

• Super Moderator

Hell no!

Sunday is reserved for 9:30 breakfast with the best friends in the world at the best outdoor restaurant in town. After that there is shopping, flea markets, the beach, motorcycling, reading, computer time, movies or naps. I'm already in Paradise.

Get up and go inside a church building to hear some bullshit preaching? I don't think so!!!

Hell no! I didn't even go to or like church when I was a Christer, except when I was a child.

The reason being I thought that none of them followed the buybull closely enough. If that is even possible.

Also, don't like being with fake people who pretend to care about you like you are family, but really don't.

Besides, Sunday is for reading the comic pages or football! :HaHa:

No. When you work 5 days a week, why waste your entire Sunday morning at church? There is stuff to be done around the house.

No,it's a waste of time.

Hell no!

Slept till 10:30

have been doing preliminary packing, and iPod prep for my trip Tuesday all while watching Forensics Files episodes.

I woke up in my buddy's backyard. The first thing I saw was his rottweiler licking up somebody's puke. I was sleeping on an army cot, and this other dude was sleeping in a hammock. He kept puking over the side of the hammock, like a Jimmy Buffet song gone wrong. So we sat around on the front yard couch reading the New York Times. Well, somebody in the house went to Mass, probably after she got done with her morning fornication. Just another Sunday morning in Las Vegas; for locals, I should say.

Nope! Not me!!!

Sunday is reserved for 9:30 breakfast with the best friends in the world at the best outdoor restaurant in town.

Ditto!!! Then grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, enjoying my dog, my music, my home, my life!!!

I'm never on the board on Sunday morning. I'm usually asleep, after staying up to 2 a.m. or later on Saturday night.

The usual routine around here is "Up at noon, feed the cats, brew some tea and eat a light breakfast, then off to karate class."

I voted "No! What a colossal waste of time."

I went to the flea market for some fresh veggies, then I went to the local walmart before 12:00 pm when most of the crazy people from church get out. (Not much of a crowd and short lines ;) )

Now I'm sitting at my desk, reading, drinking Corona, spending some time with my 8 month old daughter and my beautiful wife.

Life really is good on Sundays.

I actually did go this morning. I grew up in an atheist/agnostic household, so I never went to church. I sort of feel at a disadvantage sometimes with such a high influence of Christianity within societal culture, and I know very little about it from a personal experiance...so I'm going to learn for the sake of learning. I picked a Methodist church today.

No such luck. Church and Me do not mix. Well, they never really did mix that well, aside from a Youth Minister of mine. He's the only one that has really stuck to me, probably because he didn't constantly pull that "God has a path for you" bull when I was a Christian. He took it a logical way whenever I talked about stuff, and would talk about things I can actually do in the real world, aside from "Pray and hope that it happens"

He's about the only one from my church that actually acknowledges my existence when I see him around town (Aside from my family, of course) He's also said absolutely nothing to me about going back to God after he found out I had converted to Paganism, which I am glad, though I haven't seen him too often.

But no, I haven't been to a church since last Winter, and I was only there then because that Youth Minister (I tend to like the term "Friend") asked me to come and play drums for a Little Drummer Boy section of the Church Service.

Only things that will drag me into a church are that friend, or a wedding.

I'm the only one so far who loves church, or "assembly"--though I avoid those that assert the divinity of Jesus. I love the singing, the thinking about different traditions and ideas, and the search for meaning.

I drink in the liberal Quaker services near me the one time a month they include singing in their worship, I contemplate the ethics of my own path with the UUs other weeks, and on rare days I sleep in, like this morning, I spend an evening in mindfulness meditation and dharma talk at a nearby Buddhist sangha.

All these groups are feeding my mind and spirit (whatever that is) in a way that feels pretty darned good right now.

Phanta

Does The North Texas Church of Freethought podcast count? It's only once a month. Except it's not exactly what you are talking about. They have a Moment of Science in their "service". It's more like the Ethical Society of St. Louis podcast.

<--- sleep=good

I absolutely hate going to church. It's a complete waste of my time. Unfortunately for me, I still go. However, when I'm at school I only go to church about once a month. It's pretty easy for me to keep my friends from knowing I'm an atheist is if I avoid talking about religion, but it never hurts to be prepared to be able to fake my way and support it with detail. But whenever I'm off for a semester and living at my parents' house, I have go to church almost every Sunday morning. After all, my folks are regular church-goers and I'm still financially dependent on them, so it's probably best that they still don't know about my de-conversion. They don't every bother talking to me about xtianity or religious faith as long as I'm going to a church service somewhere. They'd probably like for me to go with them but they go to a small baptist church where everybody knows everybody else. Bleh, no thanks! It would be too hard for me to keep up my act there, so I instead go to a much larger church where I can come-and-go unnoticed and maintain a relatively low profile.

And as for going to church this morning? Hell no! Finals start next week and I've fallen to far behind on schoolwork in order to even bother with it. I woke up at 9:00 and clocked at least ten hours on a group project that's due Tuesday morning.

It's a good one. The only complaint I have about it is that they chop it up into sections instead of just playing it straight through.

I go about once a month to keep my wife happy.