Goodbye Jesus

Remnants...

jdog

I was hunting through my drawer for something and found a piece of paper with info to help with my old walk with jebus.

This is what it read.

Focus - from sin to Jebus -_-

Bow - worship, submit :Wendywhatever:

Offer - submit as a slave to christ :wtf:

Enjoy - relationship with Jebus alone and not other things :lmao:

I actally felt physically sick when I read it, fuck! I can't think of anything more vomit inducing than finding reminders like this lying around my home. I got rid of so much stuff, but I still find remnants tucked away in places in the home and car aswell. I cannot fathom how I believed and ate this shit up. I really don't. It seems so foreign and insanely bizaar to me now.

I am so glad I am free from it.

same here, only I have a file on my computer where I keep all my poetry and I have about a 110 poems and 60 are about god and Jesus, I have my own file for all of it, called xian poems, and I still have all my speech's about god and sharing mini sermons,

one interesting tad bit, is that I remember when I was saved but I also have the date when I officially walked away and stopped all prayer and involvement in pursuing a religion,

Wednesday, August 02,2000 repented and accepted xianity

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 my last prayer,

I am 21 now.

I occasionally find similar stuff too, usually Bible study notes. Most recently I found my ex's notes from a home study we attended together.

I don't remember what I did with it. I usually keep stuff like that though, as a record of the event, and as a reminder of what my thought process was at the time.

It's sure different, not looking at the world through god-colored glasses.

I was reading through some old writing and journals of mine a couple of weeks ago, ugh, all the guilt and endless ramblings about what would line up with God's thinking... I am glad that part of my life is over.

Ironically, in the middle of the struggle would be a rant usually about why the hell God made human beings so fucked up to begin with.

So good to be away from the koolaid.

I have 13 years worth of personal diaries. They are very intense and indepth with my daily struggle of living as a xtian. I feel physically ill when I see those diaries. I won't pick them up and re-read them either. They represent so much loneliness, struggle, confusion and striving. The main one was about what god's will was for my life. Aargh. That is such a huge thing xtians get caught up on. All I can feel is a sense of relief from being out of it now. I have to admit though the brainwashing and thoughts haven't just fled from my brain. I still get anxious and stressed over things concerning xtianity. I just want to be totally free from it all. When I am I will re-read those diaries and laugh. At the moment though, I would only vomit.

I think this posting I did a while back is why we shudder when we look back:

Abuser/Victim relationship

Fuego. Excellent post, and I see the comparison, definitely. You did a really good job on that.

So heck, another remnant turned up today.

I found an old tape case (yes a tape.LOL) of some music I use to relax to. Steven Halpern. I was "Yeh cool, I like this music" I was wanting to listen to it right away, and opened it up and inside was a damn tape from my old church with a sermon on it by the pastor!!!!

So my reaction went from 'cool' to 'fuck' in 10 seconds.

Thanks! I'm thinking of submitting it to the main blog for reaction. I need to check with Dave on how to do that.

I occasionally run across things I wrote during my church-attending days. Or old Awana stuff.