Goodbye Jesus

I can't believe this crap!

SilentLoner

A friend of my mom's came over today. I had gone out earlier, hoping to avoid her (her being a fundy and all).

But I get home later in the afternoon and to my bad luck she's still there, going on about how her darling two kids are doing, "god bless them" at the end of every sentence, church, and how the fake crisis pregnacy center (the type where they show you those anti-choice videos)she runs is doing, church, and blah blah blah. :talkalot:

I manage to sit for close to ten minutes, before I could excuse myself from the table, all the time fighting the urge to throw my glass at her face.

Lucky I did also, or she might have left before I noticed. As soon as got into my room I noticed my pentacle necklace was missing from its place on the wall.

Im not Wiccan, but a close friend of mine who was gave me that necklace two years ago before moving away. Its very important to me, it was my friend's favorite necklace.

I race out of my room to the dining room where she is, and I demand to know where my necklace is. She at first plays dumb and my mom snaps at me for accusing her.

I have a gut feeling and go to the kitchen and check through the trash bin. Sure enough, there it is, buried under today's newspaper. I walk back over to the table and dangle it in front of her. (my mom has left the room)

"Explain this!"

She uses her sweet-tone and tries to start out with "its for your own good"

My fuse goes off and I snatch a small angel figurine that she gave me the last time she visited from the mantlepiece and whip it to the ground. Shatters instantly.

"You like that?"

She screams out and my mom comes running.

To make a long story short she leaves soon after and mom blames me for the whole thing.

I try to give my side of the story but mom blames me for leaving it out.

WTF? :vent: I wasnt wearing it, its in my fucking room, like it has been for two years. forget the fact that is was a pentacle, that woman had the nerve to go into my room in the first place and throw away my stuff.

Not to mention I have to pay for that angel. :Wendywhatever:

Unfortunately, that you threw the object onto the floor is a tactical disadvantage.

If you are of age, you could probably be held legally liable. (Oh, wait... she gave it to YOU?)

But stand your ground, and don't let them control what you stand for.

F O A D time amigo..

Silly cow invaded your personal space, took unbiden your property, attempted to destroy it, and then hide the evidence from you..

Gee, you are supposed to be pleasant to her?

Fuck Off And Die works for daFatman..

You may have to make a serious choice as to where you reside coming up.

If your parental unit isn't caring of your space and won't help prevent trespass, it may be time to either lockt he door, or leave the house..

Futtawukkup...

kL

She at first plays dumb and my mom snaps at me for accusing her.

I believe that is called BEARING FALSE WITNESS :nono:

Oy. Can't you just explain that it is not an "evil Satanic cult" and that it is technically a religion in the United States, and that you have a right to your beliefs? If she can't comprehend that, can you at least stay with another relative or a friend?

SilentLoner,

You were kind to me when I first signed on, so I'll take a few minutes to try to help you figure this one out. It would help a lot to know how old you are, but in general I would say to your mom something like, "Mom, I know what happened with (name) is upsetting to you and I'm upset about what happened, too. Could we talk about it without getting our emotions involved?" I used to have to say that to my sons occasionally and I would guess it allowed us to work things out every time.

If you regret smashing the angel because it was just an angry response, tell her you are sorry, and you chose to make a statement in a way that you might not have if the woman had not violated your privacy (not to mention stealing your personal property.) Then tell her that since the angel was actually yours, you don't understand why you would have to owe anything for breaking it. Yours is the only loss, since you lost your temper and do not now have the keepsake (just supposing you wanted to have it for any reason.) If that doesn't wash with her, you could make a peace offering instead and tell her you will clean the floor for a week or something. The woman was wrong but your relationship to your Mom is important.

You could also mention that you have trouble understanding how a woman who talks so much about "god" could have done such a dishonest and sneaky thing. She owes you an apology, and if your mother can handle it, she should explain that to her friend and ask her to apologize to you. You could even offer to apologize to the woman for losing your temper. I know, I know, it's like saying you are wrong when she did such a despicable thing. You might have to swallow your pride in order to resolve the situation. Whatever you do, do not raise your voice or get angry. This will not only test your resolve, but will teach you how to calmly resolve problems... which is very necessary for getting along with people.

If that woman ever steals anything from you again I would first tell your mother or parents about it. If they do not address it properly, (depending on how old you are) you would have grounds to call her and tell her calmly that you are going to report her to her pastor and to the police. You have to be careful there as the pastor could back the woman up and you would be put in a dangerous situation. If that is so you could just forget about the pastor. You have to think it all out very carefully and don't do *anything* in haste.

If this does not seem to be something that would work in your situation, go to an adult friend whom you trust and is intelligent and reasonable enough to talk to your parents with you. They might be offended at first, but you could tell them you needed help knowing what to do.

One way you could keep your composure is to actually make note cards with your talking points on them. If you just can't face Mom without getting emotional, try writing her a letter. Don't make any threats about anyone, be calm and reasonable.

Peace, my friend. Don't let that ignorant woman come between you and your mom.

Nothing gets a fundy's panties in more of a twist than a symbol they don't like. 

Good one, Madame!

I'd wait until your mom calms down then try to discuss it calmly.

Seems like you and I are thinking the same thing.

I wouldn't apologize for being burglarized or being pissed about it. I'd demand an apology from the admitted thief if it were me, and would continue to call the person the "admitted thief". I agree fix things with your mother and explaining in all of that, but a thief is a thief, Funny how Xtians believe they can steal, Lie, and deny in the name of Christ, how is it they are different from the "WORLD" again?

I do go with the advice to fix things with your mom, That is most important, but there is a moral obligation that things that are in YOUR room, that belong to you aren't with in the realm of Jane Q Christian taking it upon herself to ditch it because she disagrees. She disrespects your mother, your house and you. I also disagree paying for the smashed gift if was yours, or any sort of apology to the space invader who took the liberty of throwing something of yours away.

I'd have gone postal on that bitch if that had happened to me.

hey, I didnt think of that. why do I have to pay for that figure? wait...i did tell my mom she could keep it. maybe that figures...

that outburst was a long time coming. just glad dad wasnt in the house at the time or things world have been worse. Ive been really upset at her for a long time, for many reasons, including putting me through her fundy-view sex ed class, giving me most if not all of my catholic misviews, convincing my mom to join her chruch, making me hand out pro-lifer propaganda at the age of ten, and the list goes on.

The issue with my mom is that she is going through a hard time and constantly whines about her lack of friends (she does have a close circle of friends but likes to complain she doesnt) and unfortunately fundy lady is her best friend. she thinks any disagreements whatsoever will cause her friendship to break.

I'll try and talk to mom once things cool down. but from now on im hiding the necklace with the rest of my "evil items," maybe as a page marker for my harry potter books.

SilentLoner,

Well at least you didn't have your parents muck up your necklace. I had items similar to that when I was in my high school days(daze?) of "researching religions" going through my teenage spiritual identity crisis and I went home one day and my parents found all my stuff and made me burn it. I also got my CDs taken, but I found the hiding spot later and secured them in a better place.

What you did in smashing that angel in front of that fundy bitch was perfectly appropriate, as what she did was exactly that, and she did steal your shit from your room. You might owe your mother a bit of an apology for just an outburst of anger in front of your her(her being mom), and your anger was warranted, but I think a discussion you should have with her would sort that out. I am sorry that fundy bitch is your mom's best friend, but just know that you did no wrong by smashing the statue in front of fundy bitch.

But under no circumstances should you have to replace that statue. nivek was right when he said FOAD. Even though that statue is now FUBAR. You shouldn't have to pay for the statue.

Perhaps you should ask Tocis to repost his picture that he took of one of the churches over in Germany. Apparently, there was a time when the Christian church utilized the pentacle/pentagram/pentawhatever as one of THEIR symbols, and the pic that Tocis has shows a pentagram built right into the brick structure of an old church.

It would be quite a nifty little maneuver if you were to do a little research on the history of that little symbol (I.e. what it means, what it meant, and why it means what it does now), and show it to your mom or her friend.

Your story reminds me of a time when I was in high school and my girlfriends sister, who was NOT a minor at the time, came home from work to find that her parents and an evangelical friend of the parents had removed and destroyed all of the very expensive decorations in her bedroom. You see, the evangelical friend said that the pictures and statues were evil and contained evil spirits. Apparently, this was all confirmed from the color of the smoke that was made while the pictures were burning and the way that the statues "violently" shattered when they were smashed with a hammer.

Oh, and umm, she had to throw away her collection of Journey, Chicago, and Bruce Springsteen albums too because they were of the devil. :Doh:

Christianity is so fucking fucked up... :vent:

You see, this is the kind of thing I simply cannot believe occurs. The sheer audacity of the woman, and of your Mother for supporting her. Ironically, your reaction accords perfectly within the remit of her faith's behavioural proclamations, "an eye for an eye," and all that.

Guest vanesa

I'd dump a bucket of chocolate ice cream on your mom (with extra rainbow sprinkles) if she ever gave me that tirade. And I would make her friend my lesbian love slave.

SL,

The woman invaded your space, STOLE your possession, threw away your possession and then LIED to you about doing it.

Who's the immoral person in this story? It's certainly not you.

Just another typical Xtian doing Xtian things.

My dad went through this "heavymetal is evil, satanic music geared to turn children into killers and witches" phase.  The whole church was going through it in the mid 80's to early '90's.  Along with that, they were really big into that christian comedian, Mike Warnke, who claimed he was a former satanic high preist.  So the church was on a hunt for things of the devil.  I managed to escape. 

Wow, but that was one fucked-up era, wasn't it? Unfortunately I can't blame anyone else since I destroyed my own evil satanic secular music. Really hard-core stuff, like Supertramp, Dan Fogelberg and Steely Dan. THANK DOG for CD re-releases!

BTW, you do know that Mike Warnke has since been proven to have been an absolute 100% fraud, right? Never a satanist. All those stories about his pagan rituals, etc. just completely made up bullshit, including his war stories.

You threw out Supertramp?!  BLASPHEMY!!!  ;)

I threw out all my secular music when I was 18 and had joined a charismatic church.  Started listening to christian fare like Petra, Michael W Smith and Holy Soldier.  The odd thing is, I never listened to "heavy metal", wasn't my thing, until christian friends got me into christian metal.  LOL!

Yea, I know about Mike W.  The last time we saw him in concert was in '87.  I was 14 and he scared the piss out of me- talking about how satanists kidnap babies and skin them alive.  I had nightmares for weeks of babies being tortured to death.  He has one sick imagination.

Even in the Quietest Moments - true blasphemy - and Steely Dan's 'Aja' album? I was truly possessed by evil.

I was always a hard rock guy so I gravitated to Giant and any other hard/metal xtian group out there. The only good news is that I missed a lot of '80's radio. LOL

Warnke is a complete scam.

SilentLoner,

Well at least you didn't have your parents muck up your necklace. I had items similar to that when I was in my high school days(daze?) of "researching religions" going through my teenage spiritual identity crisis and I went home one day and my parents found all my stuff and made me burn it. I also got my CDs taken, but I found the hiding spot later and secured them in a better place.

But under no circumstances should you have to replace that statue. nivek was right when he said FOAD. Even though that statue is now FUBAR. You shouldn't have to pay for the statue.

Thanks for all the advice guys. its really great getting this kind of support.

Im sure that if my parents knew I was pagan they would have tossed out my necklace a long time back. they think i keep it entirely because of its sentimental value(I've trained them well) :Look:

had a talk with mom this morning, she said her fundy friend was wrong in doing what she did, but to not hold it agaisnt her. :ugh:

for the sake of avoiding an argument i responded with a :Wendywhatever:

but if it happened again i was reporting it.

and I made it clear im not paying for the statue

Wow, but that was one fucked-up era, wasn't it? Unfortunately

Yeah, I grew up during that era and had a fundy mom who wouldn't let me watch anything sci-fi except for Star Trek. Until I was a teenager, I couldn't even check out fantasy-related books from the library because they had "Teh Ev1L!!111!1" magic in them.

Ugh.

I made the mistake of leaving a deck of dragon Tarot cards out on my nightstand, and I was passive aggressively shoved into destroying them. Since then I've learned to keep my pagan stuff under lock and key.

When I went through my Christian stage, I threw out my huge library of RL Stine horror books. :lmao:

Yeah, I grew up during that era and had a fundy mom who wouldn't let me watch anything sci-fi except for Star Trek.

That is rather amusing, considering that Gene is Atheist.

Funny how Xtians believe they can steal, Lie, and deny in the name of Christ, how is it they are different from the "WORLD" again?

That is peculiar, isn't it? I've always been amazed by the numbers of retold rumors and urban myths that make it into sermons. Why check the facts when they fit your case?

That is rather amusing, considering that Gene is Atheist.

Not only that, but it's full of Atheist Jews! Anti-Christs! Part of the World Zionist Conspiracy!

Why else do you think Spock & Kirk were so important!?