Goodbye Jesus

Oh Damn! Oh Shit!

chefranden

Vixentrox,

The War on Terrorism isn't a true war. It doesn't follow the Just War principles.

This war will never stop. There's no end to it. And the definition of "terrorist" has changed so it pretty much means anything they want.

And like Chef said, there are rules for how to treat POWs, but the government circumvented that somehow.

Trashy,

It's about Obama supporting the indefinite imprisonment for future crimes. He's rhetoric was criticized, because he justify penalty on people for potential future threat. It's kind of Minority Report developing.

Oh goddamit, Obama. *hits head against wall* This is going to turn out badly.

I think this will cut me more away from the old politics I used to be associate with.

Guest ephymeris

I find it horrifying to realise the books/stories I read in high school (1984, Minority Report, etc) that gave me a cold sweat from realization and fear of a government's power, are prophetic. Pre-crime, thoughtcrime, doublethink...I don't want to sound paranoid but these are seeming to be closer to reality than I ever wanted to imagine.

I find it horrifying to realise the books/stories I read in high school (1984, Minority Report, etc) that gave me a cold sweat from realization and fear of a government's power, are prophetic. Pre-crime, thoughtcrime, doublethink...I don't want to sound paranoid but these are seeming to be closer to reality than I ever wanted to imagine.

On second thought, it occurs to me now that this is a sign that the United States of America is on the brink of collapse, just about ready to go the way of the Roman empire. Honestly, I cannot foresee any other outcome. They're hopelessly in debt in the midst of a huge recession/depression, fighting a war they cannot win nor afford. Now they're passing laws that are in complete violation of the very concepts on which the United States of America was built. They're desperately trying to grasp at control they're losing my the day.

It will be interesting, to say the least. I envision the United States splitting up into distinct countries; we may even see a south/north division appear. As far as I'm concerned, such a split will be inevitable.