Goodbye Jesus

Symbols And Conspiracy Theories

AmIReallyThatBad

I was on a forum that was pointing out funny things that can be found in popular advertising images and such. One person posted a picture of the $20 and highlighted the fact that "JEWS" is clearly spelled in John W. Snow's name. 'J' from John, the 'e' was in the 'h' and the 'W' and 'S' made the rest. I figured it was an ironic coincidence, and probably something conspiracy theorists would jump all over. I stupidly decided to look up some more information and found someone posting all about hidden 'Satanic'/Masonic symbols on money. I already knew about the 32 arrows or something and the picture of the owl and all that. It does seem creepy, but wouldn't necessarily entail some worldwide Satanic conspiracy. But I'll post what this guy posted -

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/eagle.jpg'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/eagle.jpg

Many companies use the pyramid within their logos. James Walker, a 32º Mason, shares some facts with us about the above symbols:

* 13 leaves in the olive branch

* 13 bars and stripes in the shield

* 13 arrows in the right claw

* 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon

* 13 stars in the green crest above

* 32 long feathers on its right wing representing the 32º in Freemasonry

* 13 granite stones in the Pyramid. (The 13 layers represent the 13 Illuminati bloodlines)

* 13 letters in Annuit Coeptis

It should also be noted that the Eagle has 32 feathers right wing, but 33 in its left wing. The 32 feathers representing the number of ordinary degrees of the Scottish Rite, and the 33 feathers representing the 33º of Freemasonry. The tail feathers number 9, the number of degrees in the York Rite. The eagle itself is a prominent icon of Masonry, being used extensively in the Scottish Rite.

Looking just above the eagles head you will see 13 pentagrams within a cloud. The pentagrams are arranged in the shape of a hexagram - or greater Seal of Solomon. The hexagram is a powerful tool used by pagans to invoke Satan. It is also the sign of Anti Christ with 6 points, 6 angles and 6 planes (666).

To the sorcerer, the hexagram is a powerful tool to invoke Satan, and is a sign of Antichrist. (6 points, 6 angles, 6 planes - 666) The 5 pointed pentagrams multiplied by the 13 stars equals 65, the same cabalistic number as mentioned above. This makes one wonder with whom or what, we are to dwell in unity!

The eagle replaced the Phoenix in 1841 as the national bird. The Phoenix has been a Brotherhood symbol since ancient Egypt. The Phoenix was adopted by the Founding Fathers (Freemasons) for use on the reverse of the first official seal of the United States after a design proposed by Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/square.jpg'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/square.jpg

To the right of George Washington's portrait on the front of the American Dollar Bill you will see the Seal of the Department of the Treasury. It comprises of a key, the scales of justice and a square which is a very important symbol in Freemasonry. If you look at the square you will see 13 holes in it. There are also 39 green dots which surround the square, key and scale. Remember 39? Thirty nine divided by two is 19.5. The number 19.5 can be seen within the design of Cydonia, Mars, Avebury, England and Washington D.C.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/owl.jpg'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/owl.jpg

There is a small owl just to the left of the "1" which appears on the upper right hand corner of the Dollar Bill. From time to time politicians like Bill Clinton and George W. Bush Jr. have been caught with a camera flashing the horned owl symbol with their hands.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/bushowl.jpg'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/bushowl.jpg

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/clintondevil.jpg'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/clintondevil.jpg

The Number of the Beast - 666

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/beast.gif'>http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/beast.gif

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/greatseal/

____

It's very unsettling to me. I hate how I keep running in to stuff like this. When I was a Christian, I read stuff like this all the time so I was familiar with it. But now, it just worries me a lot. Can anyone link me to websites debunking all of this or put all of it in a critical, skeptical perspective? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: And now, going around looking for websites debunking conspiracy theories that surround the Masons, even using quotations, I find a website that seems to be supporting it, with a few articles about "The Illuminati" and what not.

http://www.nii.net/~obie3/000illum/Addendum.htm

______

I also found some site about Area 51 and the conspiracy theories surrounding it, being the supposed best internet guide to Area 51 [www.area51guide.com/conspiracy-theories]. I didn't stick around long enough to find out if it was supporting or debunking them.

I wish I could stop looking at this stuff. I wish it would go away and I just didn't have to worry about it. I wish I could KNOW that it was all just bullshit and that Christianity is bullshit and live my life more peacefully. But it's hard for me. This stuff really bothers me. It helps when someone helps me look at it more logically and non-conspiracy minded, so please do so and I would appreciate it.

For awhile, I talked to a psychiatrist, but she was actually a Christian so I couldn't really talk about any of this stuff; especially not my issues with religion.

I do ask that anyone reading this do at least take a look at some of the links in the post that I copied and pasted.

Are the Masonic symbols no big deal? Just Masons putting their symbols in stuff? And is the '666' stuff just far fetched and a coincidence? Please analyze and tell me what you think. I wish I could find a website that debunked all of this stuff.

13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13,..yada yada yada

You know what? You are reading waaaaaaaayyyyy too much into this. You know what all those thirteens represent?

The thirteen original colonies.

As far as Majestic-12 and all that shit, it's bunk man. Trust me, I researched this shit a loooooonnnnggg ass time ago really thoroughly and there is not one piece of evidence for it. Like Zilch, Zero, Nada.

Thanks.

I also have one off topic thing that got stuck in my head that bothers me.

When I was a Christian, a fellow Christian shared a passage in Daniel with me. He said it was a prophecy for the Declaration of Independence. I don't remember where it is and I haven't been able to find it back through google, but I remember it being so spot on. I remember it said something about the Eagle and something about the 13 colonies and something like that.

Okay, there is a possibility that it wasn't really that strong, I just thought it was. But assuming that everything DOES fit with the signing of the DoI, that as a prophecy for that event it fits to a tee, is this something to worry about? Is this something that would credit the accuracy of the Bible, possibly even prove God? I just hate chalking so many things up to coincidences, but I'm sure a lot of things are. Has anyone else stumbled across this passage when they were a Christian? Do you know what I'm talking about? What's your take on this? Is it CERTAIN that the guy that was talking to me was just reading into the passage or is it possible that, even coincidentally, it really does fit? What do you all think?

Thanks. I know all of these posts by me must be getting annoying. :P

You know what? You are reading waaaaaaaayyyyy too much into this. You know what all those thirteens represent?

As far as Majestic-12 and all that shit, it's bunk man. Trust me, I researched this shit a loooooonnnnggg ass time ago really thoroughly and there is not one piece of evidence for it. Like Zilch, Zero, Nada.

I am actually a former informal member of a secret society, and I can tell you that most of the "conspiracy" stuff that is out there relating to any conspiracy imaginable, is total bullshit. One could spin my former group and make a case they are actually direct descendants of the Templars, but that would be wrong... They aren't, even though they most certainly would aspire to be Neo-Templars given the right political context after the fulfillment of the Reign of Mary.

What about everything else; like the owl, the 32, the 666 stuff, etc? I'm not saying it's all proof of a conspiracy, I'm just curious as to how you see it. I don't believe it's some big conspiracy either, I'm just afraid. You know?

What about everything else; like the owl, the 32, the 666 stuff, etc? I'm not saying it's all proof of a conspiracy, I'm just curious as to how you see it. I don't believe it's some big conspiracy either, I'm just afraid. You know?

Honestly, Masonic symbolism never had an original intent to conceal maliciousness towards Christianity per say, or even maliciousness towards anything in particular as far as I can tell. Also, on the topic, it is true there actually WAS an Illuminati, and as far as I know there is nothing today that suggests those guys are around or even survived. I mean sure, it's remotely possible they might have covertly re-banded after being officially disbanded, but there is absolutely no evidence for it. If there actually IS some sort of Illuminati, and this is highly doubtful, then it would be a bunch of wannabe's that came long after the original Illuminati was disbanded back in the day; kinda like Masaaki Hatsumi and Ninjutsu/ The Bujinkan; those guys actually train their best students in assassination techniques/offensive martial arts, but even there they are hardly Ninjas.

There are actually lodges that have been used and abused by Elite, check out Propaganda Due:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

However, that's hardly anything to do with "Illuminati" and that lodge mostly just provided a cover for enforcing covert things like Operation Gladio, which was supposed to remain a secret and did for about 4 decades.

Honestly, Masonic symbolism never had an original intent to conceal maliciousness towards Christianity per say, or even maliciousness towards anything in particular as far as I can tell. Also, on the topic, it is true there actually WAS an Illuminati, and as far as I know there is nothing today that suggests those guys are around or even survived. I mean sure, it's remotely possible they might have covertly re-banded after being officially disbanded, but there is absolutely no evidence for it. If there actually IS some sort of Illuminati, and this is highly doubtful, then it would be a bunch of wannabe's that came long after the original Illuminati was disbanded back in the day; kinda like Masaaki Hatsumi and Ninjitsu.

There are actually lodges that have been used and abused by Elite, check out Propaganda Due:

However, that's hardly anything to do with "Illuminati" and that lodge mostly just provided a cover for enforcing covert things like Operation Gladio, which was supposed to remain a secret and did for about 4 decades.

Alright, I really appreciate your responses. It helps put me more at peace. Do you have anything to say about the other thing I posted (scroll up, it's a story of when I was a Christian and how someone pointed out a prophecy in the Bible to me)? I really appreciate your time.

The whole thing with George Bush and Bill Clinton making a horned owl with their hands is a pretty harmless gesture imo: George has a "Rock out" thing going on, prolly cause he likes rock and roll. As far as Bill Clinton, that honestly could be easily interpreted as an "I Love You" sign.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it man.

Honestly, Masonic symbolism never had an original intent to conceal maliciousness towards Christianity per say, or even maliciousness towards anything in particular as far as I can tell. Also, on the topic, it is true there actually WAS an Illuminati, and as far as I know there is nothing today that suggests those guys are around or even survived. I mean sure, it's remotely possible they might have covertly re-banded after being officially disbanded, but there is absolutely no evidence for it. If there actually IS some sort of Illuminati, and this is highly doubtful, then it would be a bunch of wannabe's that came long after the original Illuminati was disbanded back in the day; kinda like Masaaki Hatsumi and Ninjitsu.

Alright, I really appreciate your responses. It helps put me more at peace. Do you have anything to say about the other thing I posted (scroll up, it's a story of when I was a Christian and how someone pointed out a prophecy in the Bible to me)? I really appreciate your time.

Yes, this is likely part of the innate tendency of the brain to seek out teleological causes for things. Science represents a fundamental paradigm shift away from this type of thinking, because it assumes no design in anything present that it investigates. Should design be present, fine, should it not, fine. The tendency religion has on people can be quite devastating as it forces the mind (through fear re-enforced with dogma) to see out patterns were there are none. This teleological effect can also be duplicated by ideology as well. It's unfortunate that humans on the whole suffer from these types of things, and perhaps one day mankind can start to slowly set aside ideology and religion for more practical concerns. Is that likely? I don't know. One can certainly hope though.

Oh yeah, if you want a website that debunks conspiracy theories with a rational approach, head on over to the James Randi website: http://www.randi.org/site/

Btw, you are welcome. :D

I am actually a former informal member of a secret society, and I can tell you that most of the "conspiracy" stuff that is out there relating to any conspiracy imaginable, is total bullshit. One could spin my former group and make a case they are actually direct descendants of the Templars, but that would be wrong... They aren't, even though they most certainly would aspire to be Neo-Templars given the right political context after the fulfillment of the Reign of Mary.

I used to read alot about this conspiracy theory stuff. http://www.snopes.com/ debunks a lot of it. If I remember right tho the owl in the corner was an anti-counterfit mechanism.

Don't read too much into all this crap. It is just the domain of the wackos that cook it up.

QuidEstCaritas -

If they are a secret society, you probably shouldn't be posting the links here. I appreciate the gesture, but I'd like it if you deleted those links. I just don't want it to cause any trouble, you know?

Anyways, so what about John W. Snow's name spelling out "JEWS"? Do you think that's a coincidence or intentional? I know it wouldn't "prove" any kind of conspiracy if it was, but it would fuel all those "Jews have all the money and run the world" conspiracy theory. Anyone want to give me their take on this one?

Yes, this is likely part of the innate tendency of the brain to seek out teleological causes for things. Science represents a fundamental paradigm shift away from this type of thinking, because it assumes no design in anything present that it investigates. Should design be present, fine, should it not, fine. The tendency religion has on people can be quite devastating as it forces the mind (through fear re-enforced with dogma) to see out patterns were there are none. This teleological effect can also be duplicated by ideology as well. It's unfortunate that humans on the whole suffer from these types of things, and perhaps one day mankind can start to slowly set aside ideology and religion for more practical concerns. Is that likely? I don't know. One can certainly hope though.

Oh yeah, if you want a website that debunks conspiracy theories with a rational approach, head on over to the James Randi website: http://www.randi.org/site/

Btw, you are welcome. :D

Yeah, I've been to James Randi's website. I've considered joining the forum. He's great.

Actually, as a college project way back when, my little group created our own historical and present-day "conspiracy" theory.

We used number coincidences, bloodlines, prophecy, and then through in a lot of fictitious stuff (things that can't be falsified) just to spice it up.

Simply put, a society of centuries-old vampires are working behind human history to guide us into a new age, or help us avoid mistakes we might make in the future with powerful technologies. It was loads of fun.

We actually freaked out our fellow "psych 202" class in the auditorium with our presentation. For days afterward, we had students coming up to us asking, "That was all made up, right ?". One girl in particular wouldn't speak to me anymore, I think she thought that some of this was true and we might make her pets dissapear or something.

There is a history of the Freemasons, and anyone can study it. There's tons of data on it.

One side note; during our research we found some disturbing things about some of the "religious" figures of the last three hundred years. Very disturbing things. And how does this all tie in to Alec Baldwin ???

It doesn't. Ha. Had you there.

Really, there are sound and logical reasons for many of these "coincidences". The Freemasons have for a long time been a "club" for the "elite" classes. So what ? And this Bildenberg group is an annual get-together to discuss charity donations and concerns. (Their meeting last year was to honour Bill and Melinda Gates).

Besides, if all these "conspiracy" people are right, it isn't much of a conspiracy, is it ? It takes two people to keep a secret, and one of them must be dead. Clinton couldn't even keep his "fun" private; Bush couldn't even plant WMD evidence in the Iraqi desert. How lame is that ? No, a true conspiracy you're never going to even know about.

Chilling, isn't it ?

QuidEstCaritas -

If they are a secret society, you probably shouldn't be posting the links here. I appreciate the gesture, but I'd like it if you deleted those links. I just don't want it to cause any trouble, you know?

Anyways, so what about John W. Snow's name spelling out "JEWS"? Do you think that's a coincidence or intentional? I know it wouldn't "prove" any kind of conspiracy if it was, but it would fuel all those "Jews have all the money and run the world" conspiracy theory. Anyone want to give me their take on this one?

How do you figure his name spells out "JEWS"? Also, even if it somehow did/does, why would it matter? It's certainly coincidence, unless his parents were Jewish and did so intentionally, but that wouldn't make any sense /me scratches head.

Also, no problem deleting the stuff, I don't want to spook you bro. Just trying to be helpful =).

QuidEstCaritas -

How do you figure his name spells out "JEWS"? Also, even if it somehow did/does, why would it matter? It's certainly coincidence, unless his parents were Jewish and did so intentionally, but that wouldn't make any sense /me scratches head.

Also, no problem deleting the stuff, I don't want to spook you bro. Just trying to be helpful =).

It's like this. The 'J' in his name (John) is the 'J' in Jews. The 'h' is written to look like an 'E' and then the 'W' (his middle initial) and 'S' in his last name (Snow). Look at a $20. That's what I was talking about. I know it's probably not a big deal, just something I was curious about people's opinion on.

Dear AmIReally,

I'm seeing that there's a common theme in your posts. You're clearly drawn to all of this OoWEeEeeOoooh stuff that leaves you worried and in need of reassurance. You've got to ask yourself why you can't resist searching for and giving anxious attention to every weirdo conspiracy theory and wacko claim you can fish up on the internet. I'm serious: You either have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (yes, you are ReallyThatBad, sorry; the reassurance seeking is a big tip-off for OCD), or you're hooked on the feeling you get when you freak yourself out about stuff. If you want to have a productive, meaningful life, you need to shake it off and focus on goals other than winning the Olympic Gold Medal for worrying or amassing the largest collection of spooky coincidences before you die. You have a lively mind and loads of curiosity and you can put it to better use.

If you have OCD, you need to find a therapist who is trained in the cognitive behavioral treatment called exposure therapy. OCD can cripple your life. Please get help.

I'm glad someone said something. Thanks DowntoEarth.

Dear AmIReally,

I'm seeing that there's a common theme in your posts. You're clearly drawn to all of this OoWEeEeeOoooh stuff that leaves you worried and in need of reassurance. You've got to ask yourself why you can't resist searching for and giving anxious attention to every weirdo conspiracy theory and wacko claim you can fish up on the internet. I'm serious: You either have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (yes, you are ReallyThatBad, sorry; the reassurance seeking is a big tip-off for OCD), or you're hooked on the feeling you get when you freak yourself out about stuff. If you want to have a productive, meaningful life, you need to shake it off and focus on goals other than winning the Olympic Gold Medal for worrying or amassing the largest collection of spooky coincidences before you die. You have a lively mind and loads of curiosity and you can put it to better use.

If you have OCD, you need to find a therapist who is trained in the cognitive behavioral treatment called exposure therapy. OCD can cripple your life. Please get help.

The thing is, I don't search out all of this conspiratorial information. Often I just accidentally happen upon it. Also, a very large amount of it I did intentionally seek out when I was a Christian.

As for OCD, I'm not really OCD about anything else. Stuff like this just makes me paranoid. And I'm not comfortable with the idea of exposure therapy. Plus, I don't want to draw too much of my family's attention to my troubles, as my Mom doesn't even know I am deconverted and it would really trouble her if she knew. My Mom is a wonderful woman, but she's at that stage where it'd be impossible to talk to her unsupportively about religion. I don't want her struggling with the idea of her son going to Hell for the rest of her life. Thankfully, she's a fairly simple, uncomplicated Christian and doesn't feel I have to go to Church or read the Bible every day to be a Christian.

Also, my paranoia is something that kind of comes and goes, strangely enough.

For a span of a month or so, I will easily be able to push these thoughts out of my mind. If they do get to me, I will be able to get them off my mind shortly by focusing on something else. Most of the big-time stuff that worries me won't cross my mind.

Then, something finally breaks through into my thought stream and my paranoia stacks up for about a few weeks or a month or so before I finally get back out of it.

Remember man. It’s not paranoia if they’re actually out to get you. :HaHa:

For a span of a month or so, I will easily be able to push these thoughts out of my mind. If they do get to me, I will be able to get them off my mind shortly by focusing on something else. Most of the big-time stuff that worries me won't cross my mind.

Then, something finally breaks through into my thought stream and my paranoia stacks up for about a few weeks or a month or so before I finally get back out of it.

What I originally posted here, I have removed. I'm too much of a paranoid wussy to post it here. If you want me to elaborate more on a lot of my paranoia, I'll send you it all in a message. I'm already going to message a few people on here with it that have been talking to me. Thanks.

Remember man. It’s not paranoia if they’re actually out to get you. :HaHa:

Don't say that, you'll worry me that they actually are!

We are from the government and we are here to help you.

We are from the government and we are here to help you.

I'd appreciate it if I wasn't picked on. Please and thank you.

Your brain isn't fully developed until until your early 20's. Your body is still working on the transition from childhood gullibility to adult cynicism. It is based on this knowledge that most car rental agencies will not rent a car to anyone below the age of 25, or so I heard on NPR the other day.

I commend you highly for such kind consideration of your ma.

Yeah, you're right. You can't rent a car until you are 25. And that's an interesting theory. I'm 24, if you didn't know.