Goodbye Jesus

Why I don't hate Christians

Asimov

What's the point...?  :HaHa:

True that.

What's the point in hating anyone for that matter. Negativity merely breeds more negativity & pain.

I can see taking exception with people who do mean, painful or otherwise stupid things, but in the long run hating people just hurts yourself more than anyone else.

Of course, I'm also presuming that part of you isn't being serious about this. And if you must hate, hate & destroy the concept, not the ignorant person who follows it.

True. After all they are so preoccupied with hating themselves and each other......the hating seems sufficiently covered. Our hate is unneeded.

It's the religion itself I hate, as for the poor souls forcing their square peg personalities into tiny round holes....and wondering why they are stressed and miserable?

Them I just pity.

I can see taking exception with people who do mean, painful or otherwise stupid things, but in the long run hating people just hurts yourself more than anyone else.

No, even those people I don't hate. They are to be pitied.

Of course, I'm also presuming that part of you isn't being serious about this. And if you must hate, hate & destroy the concept, not the ignorant person who follows it.

But....people are so much more fun to destroy!!!

Good topic. I don't hate xtians. I hate their beliefs definately, but I can separate that. My family are all xtians and I love them. I still have lots of xtian friends. I love them. It's the belief stupid!

But....people are so much more fun to destroy!!!

Oh you dark sith lord you.

"Hate the religion, not the religious"?

I kind of like that... Anyone up for generating a few bumper stickers?

:lmao:

I don't hate anyone simply because they are christian.

After all,

I was one

Most of my family are christians

Many of my friends are christians

The few people I do "hate" have attained that position thru their behavior, not their beliefs.

The few people I do "hate" have attained that position thru their behavior, not their beliefs.

Under that rubrick, for me, are those who assiduously work, lobby and legislate to take rights away.

Under that rubrick, for me, are those who assiduously work, lobby and legislate to take rights away.

Yea well Nigerian children who work in sweatshops are only good for one thing, and that's makin my Nikes.

I don't hate people just because they are Christians. I hate the fundies' arrogance, intolerance, and downright stupidity. And I pity the ones who are trapped by their beliefs, but I don't hate them, because there is always a small chance that they might deconvert.

Maybe we should all get together and sing the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" song to make them feel more accepted by us heathens.

:god:

Well... I almost kept a straight face while writing that.

Good topic.  I don't hate xtians.  I hate their beliefs definately, but I can separate that.  My family are all xtians and I love them.  I still have lots of xtian friends.  I love them.  It's the belief stupid!

I don't hate anyone simply because they are christian.

After all,

I was one

Most of my family are christians

Many of my friends are christians

I don't hate people just because they are Christians.  I hate the fundies' arrogance, intolerance, and downright stupidity.  And I pity the ones who are trapped by their beliefs, but I don't hate them, because there is always a small chance that they might deconvert.

Bingo, Bango, Bongo. That's it... perfect. Couldn't have said it better.

Merlin

Yea well Nigerian children who work in sweatshops are only good for one thing, and that's makin my Nikes.

What a bleeding heart you are, Asimov. :HaHa:

Maybe we should all get together and sing the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" song to make them feel more accepted by us heathens.

:woohoo::sing::woohoo:

I'd like to teach the world to sing,

In perfect harmony.

I'd like to buy the world a Coke,

And keep it company.

That's the song I sing.

:woohoo::sing::woohoo:

<reapeat from beginning>

:mellow:

:lmao:

I don't HATE anyone.....but I have to admit that certain fundy type christians irritate the crap outta me!!!

Forget Christians. Let's just hate this thread  <_<

Excuse me, burning toast man??? This thread is top o da line!

*goes to check on the Nigerian children*

I don't HATE anyone.....but I have to admit that certain fundy type christians irritate the crap outta me!!!

that's good for constipation, no?

I don't hate. I just feel a certain lack of Happy Thoughts for stupid people in large groups.

I don't hate.  I just feel a certain lack of Happy Thoughts for stupid people in large groups.

Hate for me means that there is malice included whether just in thought or action. The only people I feel any malice towards are people who comitt severe crimes (rapists, warlords, etc.) Christians are just a sad lot who have been duped and I have nothing but hope that they will eventually find their way to the real light.

I don't hate them individually. Some of them aren't very nice people, but the majority of Christians I know are decent people and certainly better than the theology they claim to follow.

What I hate are the actions and intrusions caused by Christianity. The whole demonization of secularism and things like homosexuality is wrong, and it's that which we should openly condemn. They have no business sticking their religious noses into education, politics, and law, and they need to be reminded of that.

I get really angry with Christians who come here with the haughty attitude as though we spew nothing but "hate speech". Yes, we're angry, and we have a right to be angry, but it's not hate for any particular person. It's anger due to having our rights being trampled upon by religiously-motivated power gluttons. It's due to the annoyance that just because we live our lives without the influence of the Bible that we're constantly being accused of being deviant or opposing the Bible.

If Christians would keep their beliefs to themselves, I would never have openly spoken out against the Bible. It just doesn't affect my personal livelihood. It only affects my life because I have Christians constantly shoving it down my throat.

In a way, their accusations come off as projections, because they're the ones, in fact, whose theology demonizes non-believers. There's certainly no atheist doctrine of hating non-atheists. It's the Christians who insist on attacking us.

If my personal happiness wasn't constantly bombarded with religious intrusions, I probably wouldn't care about religion, and I certainly would never have found my way to this website.