Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Bigots

Amethyst

I'm sorry D_C... perhaps my wording should have been all humans are capable of bigotry, despite what label they have.

I know what you meant. I know you and that you weren't stereo typing, but I actually have encountered people who think that discrimination is automatically bigotry or prejudice and I was heading any of them off at the pass by pointing out that humans need to discriminate to survive. Human beings need to discern if certain beliefs and ways of doing things is condoning damage or is causing damage as well as discern what is beneficial. There are fair and rational ways to do this and there are ways of doing this based purley on prejudice and a narrow minded clinging to what we are comfortable with based on irrational fears or emotions. Islam and Christianity are fear based religions.

I would say that the heart of prejudice and bigotry is irrational fear and/or sticking to what you are comfortable with in lieu of possibly learning a more beneficial way of doing and believing. When it comes to objects or things it may be no biggie that we are bigots, like the kind of operating system you prefer while being closed minded to a potentially better operating system. However, when it comes to human beings we should draw the line and be rational in our discrimination.

Amethyst wrote:

I am sick to death of all the stupid bigots in this world! From Christians who hate other Christians because they're Catholic or some other denomination, to people who hate African Americans, Asians, Hispanics...etc., to homophobes, to sexist idiots, to people who hate just for the sake of hating...I am just so fucking sick of all the bigots!

To the Christian fundies: The Bible says Love thy Neighbor. It does NOT say love only your white male rich neoconservative fundy, or WTF-ever. Loving thy neighbor includes everyone!

So quit being fucking hypocrits and start practicing what you preach!!!

Most of these Amethyst pointed out are due to narrowmindedly holding to what is in certain holybooks as well as narrowmindedly holding to what some were taught to think of other people. The further back in time we go, we see prejudice and bigotry as acceptable in a society or culture/religion. The abrahamic religions among many other primitive religions were invented by primitive peoples who were of different primitive eras with different biases and agendas and following thier ancient beliefs will lead to problems in a modern society in one way or another. Especially since the world is smaller and diversity in nations is a fairly new thing.

Some people think religion is the root of our problems, but really it is the adherence to the controlling, tired old primitive religions that are the root of some of our problems and religious hermeneutics of re-interpreting the ignorant discriminations of our primitive ancestors that are in certain holybooks is too slow a process and causes confusion in modern day life in this world. The process is slow enough that we still have "fundamentalists" that discriminate like the primitive people that invented the three religions. I think that through out history the adherence to xianity and islam has retarded our evolution as human beings who discriminate rationaly, when it comes to our attitudes in tolerance of differences as well as science. I think Merlin had some very good points in another thread in regards attitutes towards science in our world today. Especially America.

I won't fib, this thread and also what you posted was an opportunity for me to talk about something really important to me while being on topic. hehe.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Guest Pastor Buck
When it comes to understanding the need/purpose of discimination you have also the understanding of what bigotry is; in seeing that with one there is a rational need which uses a rational method and bigotry is narrowmindedly sticking to what you are comfortable with and holding intolerant views of others, regardless of whether or not YOU are being injured by anothers beliefs or actons.

\yep had a Big ol tree in my yard once Had it removed.

damn thing dropped a limb and smashed my pickup truck.

How about intelligence discrimination. Black White Asian Hispanic it makes no difference there are smart ones there are dumb ones. When You look at average intelligence it is not very impressive. I find that many Atheists are above average intelligence and tend to look down on those who just don't get it and never will because they weren't dealt the same cards in life. They will always be sheep who need to be lead. They will never logicaly ask questions like Why does God require Blood sacrifice?

Is there a good and bad in all this? No There are plenty of people out there who love and help each other regardless of how smart or dumb they are. The ones that are not so smart are less likely to dupe you than those who are. because you can usually see it coming.

here's another Urban and Rural prejudices.

Hunter/gatherer vs. agricultural.

Those who have and those who have not.

All the little imperfections that has taken thousands of years to perfect.

\yep had a Big ol tree in my yard once Had it removed.

damn thing dropped a limb and smashed my pickup truck.

How about intelligence discrimination. Black White Asian Hispanic it makes no difference there are smart ones there are dumb ones. When You look at average intelligence it is not very impressive. I find that many Atheists are above average intelligence and tend to look down on those who just don't get it and never will because they weren't dealt the same cards in life. They will always be sheep who need to be lead. They will never logicaly ask questions like Why does God require Blood sacrifice?

Is there a good and bad in all this? No  There are plenty of people out there who love and help each other regardless of how smart or dumb they are.  The ones that are not so smart are less likely to dupe you than those who are. because you can usually see it coming.

here's another Urban and Rural prejudices.

Hunter/gatherer vs. agricultural.

Those who have and those who have not.

All the little imperfections that has taken thousands of years to perfect.

There will always be some one smarter than you and discrimination based on a persons level of intelligence is necessary in some instances and unecassary in others, if we are talking about human needs being met as well as human development. We can all improve and we can all be useful. Since we are social animals we should try and be as empathetic towards others as possible, because our attachments to other people usualy have nothing to do with thier intelligence per say and we don't want to piss off others who are attached to dumb people (hehe), especialy when everyone could be useful as well as help eachother to be more happy or content in this one and only life.

As far as human development in rational descrimination I would still say that undynamic inventions like the very controlling religions are holding us back and that we have had plenty of time to develop rational discrimination that serves human empathy and human needs. I wasn't talking about perfection, I was talking about still holding on to the ignorant, bigoted ramblings of people who lived thousands of years ago. I'm not convinced that all religions are as ignorant or bigoted as the three I mentioned.

Guest Pastor Buck
There will always be some one smarter than you and discrimination based on a persons level of intelligence is necessary in some instances and unecassary in others, if we are talking about human needs being met as well as human development. We can all improve and we can all be useful. Since we are social animals we should try and be as empathetic towards others as possible, because our attachments to other people usualy have nothing to do with thier intelligence per say and we don't want to piss off others who are attached to dumb people (hehe), especialy when everyone could be useful as well as help eachother to be more happy or content in this one and only life.

As far as human development in rational descrimination I would still say that undynamic inventions like the very controlling religions are holding us back and that we have had plenty of time to develop rational discrimination that serves human empathy and human needs. I wasn't talking about perfection, I was talking about still holding on to the ignorant, bigoted ramblings of people who lived thousands of years ago. I'm not convinced that all religions are as ignorant or bigoted as the three I mentioned.

When I consider the information at hand I am the wisest person I really know and the biggest fool I have ever met.

When I consider the information at hand I am the wisest person I really know and the biggest fool I have ever met.

Yet we will continue in our never ending struggle towards wisdom; because that is a part of what makes us human and we must try and learn from our foolishness because that is how we survive in our struggle to be wise.

Guest Pastor Buck
Yet we will continue in our never ending struggle towards wisdom; because that is a part of what makes us human and we must try and learn from our foolishness because that is how we survive in our struggle to be wise.

You and I may chose wisdom, but I do not feel that is not the norm. Wisdom will lead you to tolerance, tolerance to acceptance. By what I can tell by history this has never been the norm as long as blood cults dominate. ( Judaism, Islam, Christianity) Any religion that demands blood is WRONG IN MY BOOK. (my mind)

You and I may chose wisdom, but I do not feel that is not the norm. Wisdom will lead you to tolerance, tolerance to acceptance. By what I can tell by history this has never been the norm as long as blood cults dominate. ( Judaism, Islam, Christianity) Any religion that demands blood is WRONG IN MY BOOK. (my mind)

Pastor Buck, I can't figure out a different way to say the same thing you did, nor do I want to, because I could not have said it this good.

Guest Pastor Buck
Pastor Buck, I can't figure out a different way to say the same thing you did, nor do I want to, because I could not have said it this good.

It feels good to say such things online and not have to respond to 6 bashers at once. which is pastor bucks norm. I go to the general public kind of boards normally where they are to say the least intolerant. Lots of fun and I usually wear them out with questions they have to look up in the bible and logical truths. I make it a point not to get something started unless I have the scriptures to prove. Philosophy is my path not superstition. The bible has a lot of great philosophy to work with. My mission is to separate the goats from the sheep. Most Christians do not know their own book, or should I say THE WORD.

My challenge is for Christians to get real, get responsible, or get back in the closet where Jesus told them to go.

surprisingly enough I have a lot of Christian friends who at one time said I was going to hell now thank me for opening up their eyes. They are still Christian but are now more tolerant of others. They will always be sheep it is their nature. Sometimes it is about going that extra mile or post that the truth sets in.

I have more contact with those who once hated me than those who agreed with me, simply because I touched their life in a bigger way.