Goodbye Jesus

Your Church!

nightflight

German Protestant church

The site has an English section. ;)

I used to be Assistant Pastor of a small, charismatic, evangelical church here in England, affiliated to the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches. Before I left, the church dwindled away to nothing. :blink:

One thing you can't say about the FIEC is that they're ranting or impolite. Look at the courteous message you get when searching their site: "We trust you have been able to find a church in the area you are searching. If you have been unsuccessful perhaps searching again by a different search key may yield a positive result."

I used to be a member of a Missouri Synod Lutheran church. That was the one I grew up in. It had a school that my parents made me go to until the end of the 6th grade. After that, I tried a few other churches. Eventually tried a UUC church that I attended until very recently.

I even volunteered to do their web site because one, it's a hobby and two, I need to build up something resembling a portfolio. If they were a fundy church I wouldn't have done it, but they are pretty liberal in their beliefs. I don't want to post the link in case someone from the church tracks it back here, but if you really want to see it, PM or e-mail me.

The family used to drag me to this church and I still have to go during our X-Mas get togethers to "keep up appearances".

Christ the King Lutheran Church

This is the closest you can get to a Southern Baptist Church WITHOUT being a Southern Baptist. A horrible place that has grown 3 times its original size since I can remember. Complete with the video screens and all that shit. I remember last time I went, trying to look for a peanut guy cuz I was hungry, as it seemed like a football game. :lmao:

The last church I attended, not including Easter, was Beaverton Christian Center. My DH still attends there and became a member after I received my apostate certification :HaHa:

If interested in receiving your apostate certification please send $29.99 :grin:

You can google the site if you are truly interested in the church :loser:

The last church I attended, not including Easter, was Beaverton Christian Center. 

Hey DD~

Is that near Beaverton Four Square?

TAP

Basically, a church with a young pastor and a whole bunch of old people.

Sounds like my old church. The new pastor (his name is Tyler) is about 25 years old, and fresh out of seminary. Pastor Tyler was assigned there after I stopped attending regularly. I was still part of the youth group at the time, though.

Apparently, the Greater NJ Methodist conference is running out of ministers, as the demand exceeds the supply....

This is the closest you can get to a Southern Baptist Church WITHOUT being a Southern Baptist. A horrible place that has grown 3 times its original size since I can remember. Complete with the video screens and all that shit. I remember last time I went, trying to look for a peanut guy cuz I was hungry, as it seemed like a football game. :lmao:

:lmao: The last church I was a member of was Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church. http://www.mbccmemphis.org/ Yep, I know, long name. It was the biggest congregation in the Disiple's of Christ denomination, about 8,000 members. I thought I would actually find an ATM machine in the building it was so big. I stopped going because I was too lazy to get up on Sundays.

I decided never to go back when the pastor excommunicated 70 members who tried to get rid of him. They all ended up in court, the judge ordered that the whole congregation vote whether to keep him. He won but they filed another lawsuit charging him with mismanaging church funds.

He refused to cough up church financial records so the court held him in contempt and he spent 3 days in jail. Of course when he got out he got rid of all the members who had anything to do with the lawsuit.

He also ordered that they would have to wear a visitor's ribbon when they came to church, their names would no longer be on the church role and they wouldn't be permitted to participate in the church's ministries or any other activities. Lesson: If you piss off pastor, he'll give you something to be po'ed about. :Wendywhatever:

Oh, and as for the church I grew up in, Pilgrim Baptist Church, I wrote about it in the intro section. It's so crappy it doesn't even have a website and that church isn't worth my energy to mention it further.

I spent most of my time in the guilt ridden Catholic church. What I was thinking, I'll never know. :lmao:

Hey DD~

Is that near Beaverton Four Square?

TAP

Yes. I live less than a mile from Beaverton Four Square, I attended there also about 10 years ago. Beaverton Christian is about 2 to 3 miles from Beaverton Four Square. There are a number of large churches nearby and I avoid those areas on Sundays because of the traffic jams they cause :eek:

It has been so long, it’s hard to remember.

It had something to do with the Angel Macaroni, and golden placemats.

I remember they did not drink coffee, alcohol or smoke anything useful. No wonder they had and obsession with dinner.

I grew up in central america, and pretty much all churches were catholic. there were two different churches we went to, I forgot the name of the first one, but the one we went to most often was El Corazon de Maria (Mary's Heart).

typical catholic characteristics, not much else to report.

All Saints Anglican Church, Albion Park

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~apac_web/mos/

I also attended youth groups at the local Presbyterian church, and at the local Uniting church - left the Uniting church youth group after the beginning of Term Two in 2000 (May 2000 I think), when it became less of a night out and more of a guilt trip.

South Lansing Church of Christ, Lansing MI. They've since changed the name to S. Lansing Christian Church, partly to fend off non-intrumentalists and partly to ler everyone know they are CHRISTIANS who actually have everything right and follow the bible to the letter, unlike all those apostate denominations out there. CoC is a 'restoration' church - I know some of you here have been CoC or at least know the mindset :ugh: I also, at one time, played electric guitar in a 'praise band' for the jr. high/highschool youth group at a charismatic church here - I'll never forget the sight of a particular girl, a highschool senior, lying on her back on the church floor laughing uncontrollably (for at least twenty minutes) and most thinking it was a 'spiritual gifting' or something. :twitch:

bdp

st. alice. a catholic church with no website.

I'm very glad to say that i've never attended any particular church, thanks to being raised in a highly liberal English household, although i did for a very short period consider myself C of E, in a kind of half-arsed sort of way.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for reviving the Your Church thread!

C'mon, newbies! Put a link up to your former church's site. Don't be shy or embarrased if your church was small or if their pot-luck sucked ass, put up a damn link.

Hm. When I was a kid my family didn't attend regularly, so we sort of popped into some random church or other maybe once every year or two (or for special occasions like weddings).

Once I converted at 16 though, my first church was Calvary Temple, now known as Calvary Christian Assembly. (I'm not sure that link works - it's a bit iffy.) AOG church. It was fine at the time, but freaked me out later. I even worked at their daycare for awhile. (I will say it was an excellent daycare, despite being in an AOG church.)

Later on I went to West Side Presbyterian. Was married there the first time, in fact. The pastor was a pretty good guy and overall it wasn't a particularly backbiting or scary or negative church. I'd even occasionally go back for Xmas Eve services if my ex didn't still go there.

First church I ever attended was St. Paul Catholic Church. They don't have a website, they're very small.

Second church was Christ the King Catholic Church. They also don't have a website.

Church I was married in, when Mr. K and I got married? http://madisonvilledisciples.org/ First Christian Church of Madisonville. Nice people, nice church, nothing I really objected to.

Church I attended when we moved out here, because I was Catholic, and Mr. K was non-denominational, St. Martha's Catholic Church. Standard Catholic church, but no website.

Church I attended after that? St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Church in Temecula. Also no website. What is it with these Catholic churches? Too damn cheap to have a website?

When we decided to go to church as a family? Temecula Community Church http://www.temeculacommunitychurch.org/ . Stuck up people.

After that? Vineyard Christian Fellowship of Lake Elsinore. And no website.

That's my church history, right there.

HAH! My father and stepmother are vineyardians (lol, i first mistyped that as vinetardians, oh well). The vineyard sect is as close to plain old mysticism as christians get. When I was a fundy I would have arguments with my father about the meaning of scripture and he would always retreat behind the platitude " I know that I know that I know". His supernatural experiences were far more valuable to him than anything in scripture.