Goodbye Jesus

Your Church!

nightflight

Non denom

Purpose Driven

most often argue? where to put horse parking :twitch:

Anybody into TV production Norco California is a sit com waiting to happen

Makes me shudder to look at the site....

http://www.gracenorco.org/

http://thecreek.org/main/default.aspx Check out the new basketball court!!!

It is an independent Christian Church... immersion only baptism , all other baptisms are invalid... basically a baptist church (political views, etc...) with a modern hip youth oriented culture.

Also went to St. Luke's UMC during the time when I thought I could swing being a liberal Christian. http://www.stlukesumc.com/

HAH! My father and stepmother are vineyardians (lol, i first mistyped that as vinetardians, oh well). The vineyard sect is as close to plain old mysticism as christians get. When I was a fundy I would have arguments with my father about the meaning of scripture and he would always retreat behind the platitude " I know that I know that I know". His supernatural experiences were far more valuable to him than anything in scripture.

107183[/snapback]

I never could get into what they were all about.

Hey, I was raised Catholic, and there's plenty of mysticism in Catholicism, but doctrine is based on basic Christian tenets.

The Vineyard bunch (no pun intended), well, they just value all those gifts of the Spirit...to the detriment of basic doctrine. And my poor husband just didn't get it until I pointed out to him that since he has read the Bible, he needed to pay closer attention to the differences between what the Bible says, and what the Vineyard folks practice.

churches I attended long enough to have a 'membership' (sorry, I'm either bored or inspired)

Southcliff Baptist Church (was WestCliff when I attended as a child) - Ft. Worth, TX

Blue Ridge Baptist (disbanded in 2003) - Hamilton, TX

Polytechnic Baptist Church (now the Fine Arts center for Texas Wesleyan University) - Fort Worth, TX

First Baptist Church - Big Lake, TX

First Baptist Church - Lake Worth, TX

First Baptist Church - Dallas, TX (when Criswell was still pastoring)

Crestview Baptist Church, Georgetown, TX

Fellowship Baptist Church, Georgetown, TX

Metroplex Chapel - Euless, TX (where wife and I met)

CenterPoint Community Church - Arlington, TX

k-12 Nazarene(with short stints in a Methodist, a community church, and a wacky independant charismatic church)

1 1/2 years in a Bible Baptistin my early 20s. Afterwhich I drifted from church, to church, to church trying to find one that wasn't nutty. Each one was nuttier than the last so I finally gave up trying. A couple of years later I deconverted.

I'm very glad to say that i've never attended any particular church, thanks to being raised in a highly liberal English household, although i did for a very short period consider myself C of E, in a kind of half-arsed sort of way.

6914[/snapback]

ditto :grin:

Churches that I went to for any length of time.

Faith Center The senior pastor says that he is an Apostle.

Community Bible Church no website. (The chruch that asked me to leave.)

Just before my deconverstion and while I questioned my faith I went to Heartland Community Church I wasn't very involved here like I was at the other churches.

Ex-Catholic: St. Gerard-Majella Chruch. Priests there are still decent people, didn't leave on bad terms (or good terms, I just kind of took off).

Decent building, but most who go there just put on a show.

My parents' church: http://www.memoriallutheranchurch.org/

Sunday school through confirmation. My father forced me to attend while living at home. After I took a semester of Lutheran theology, he dropped the issue altogether.

Memorial is Missouri Synod, but compared to what I had heard about other LCMS churches, this was pretty mild. Maybe because it was right across from a college campus? My dad wasn't synod-loyal. He joined 1969ish, and the pastors used Snoopy in their sermons. Yikes.