Goodbye Jesus

Fundy bumper sticker

thomas

Pandora

I have the IXNAY fish on a magnet. My husband's truck has a xtian sticker on it and whenever I drive the truck my handy dandy magnet is placed on the truck. He doesn't like it but I don't like his either.

I have to drive by a Baptist church on my way to work. It always has some stupid saying on its church sign. For the longest time, it read "For the evil to win, let the good do nothing." Er, that's the type of attitude that starts things like holy wars. I forgot what it said today. I usually just ignore it.

That's actually a bastardization of Edmund Burke's famous line, "All that is needed for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."

Depending on how one interprets that, it could lead to such proactive policy as the Crusades and the war on terrorism, however I don't think that's what he had in mind--though I'll admit to knowing nothing of the man, and thus there's every possibility I'm wrong. IMO, it isn't advocating proactive policy so much as stressing Jefferson's admonition of "eternal vigilance."

I was behind a "NEXT TIME YOU FEEL PERFECT TRY TO WALK ON WATER" today.

I was also informed that in case of rapture her car would be unmanned. I don't know which bothered me more, her confidence or her irresponsibility. Imagine leaving a moving vehicle: people could get hurt! She should tell JC he's waited for two thousand years and a couple of minutes to park the big-ass SUV won't kill him.

The only one I remember seeing recently was one wedged in between a Bush "W" sticker and a yellow support our troops ribbon that read "Jesus: America's ONLY choice!" :woopsie: .

I wonder what Muslims must think about that..... could they put a "Mohommad: America's ONLY choice!" bumper sticker on their car without being shot at or arrested for making a terrorist threat?

I saw one in Berkeley CA that said: Who Would Jesus Bomb?

Lanakila, I love it!

... a yellow support our troops ribbon that read "Jesus:  America's ONLY choice!"  :woopsie: ...

I saw one of those ribbon magnets on a big ass SUV in the mall parking lot. I was so affraid that it may fall off I super glued it for them :HaHa:

I say if you want to make a statement that bad you should commit to it fully.

I just wish I could see them try and take it off!

PR

A friend of mine saw a good one the other day.

"Support stem cell research so we can grow Bush a brain."

:lmao:

I still have the "Need directions? Ask god." bumper sticker on our car. I really should scrape that off someday I suppose, but i still think it's funny (besides, it's not necessarily christian). :Wendywhatever:

One day I got inspired enought to get off my lazy butt to scrape off my old "Truth, not tolerance" sticker. It had a clenched fist on the right of the motto and a cross to the left. So I scraped off all but the word "truth".

I see plenty of other wacky ones at the supermarket where I work. Here's one I remember,

Angry?

Need a weapon?

Pray the rosary!

:Doh:

Not bumper stickers, but a couple of my classmates came to school last week wearing shirts saying things like "Friends Don't Let Friends Go to Hell" and "I'm Cucoo for Christ!".

Ugh.

"I'm Cucoo for Christ!".

As if we wouldn't know :fdevil:

Personally I'd love to see ones based on the ...God billboards.

I gave you a mind of your own so why do you keep expecting Me to do your thinking for you? God

Virgin birth? Boy some people will believe anything. God

If the voice is coming out of your dog, the ATM or Pat Robertson it's not Me speaking. God

Be like Me, sleep in late and take it easy on the seventh day. God

P

A

L

L

Toriach

There was this young girl in my ward, who had a "visualize world peace" green bumper sticker. Then the Bishop. (this fucking fat old man type), makes a sermon one sunday, and mentioned that we were not to be of this world but just in it, and that being concerned with worldly ideals (like visualizing world peace), and promoting it physically was displeasing to Heavenly Father (the Mormon God), he even mentioned "a certain saint's bumper sticker", and everyone knew it was Kyrsten's (a bubbly young lady, who was really fun to be with).

What a fucker!

What a prick. I've never read the Book of Mormon, but didn't Jesus want swords to be beaten into plowshares? In a way it's very sad that people are being trained to hate\fear this world so nothing in society really gets done.

I wonder what Muslims must think about that..... could they put a "Mohommad: America's ONLY choice!" bumper sticker on their car without being shot at or arrested for making a terrorist threat?

You know, I'd like to see a few Pagan or Jewish bumper stickers, just for the variety.

(Fuck it - I wanted to post a pic of my car's hind side, but somehow the site won't let me upload it)

Anyway, I offer bumper stickers of Thor's hammer Mjolnir and of Odin's ravens Hugin and Munin playing with a certain fish... :pureevil:

There was this young girl in my ward, who had a "visualize world peace" green bumper sticker. Then the Bishop. (this fucking fat old man type), makes a sermon one sunday, and mentioned that we were not to be of this world but just in it, and that being concerned with worldly ideals (like visualizing world peace), and promoting it physically was displeasing to Heavenly Father (the Mormon God), he even mentioned "a certain saint's bumper sticker", and everyone knew it was Kyrsten's (a bubbly young lady, who was really fun to be with).

What a fucker!

Wow. What the hell business did this guy have being a bishop? He obviously missed out on all the Sunday School lessons admonishing exactly the kind of proactive friendshipping and peacemaking that girl's bumper sticker symbolized. What with the OT scripture mastery about "loving thy neighbor as theyself" (Leviticus 19:18), another in the BoM admonishing that "contention is of the devil" (3 Nephi 11:29; one can't get much less contentious than world peace), yet another scripture mastery in D&C 58:26-27 admonishing the use of our agency to do good, still another in that same volume commanding that we "cease to be idle...or find fault" (D&C 88:123-24), all the other scripture masteries which arguably apply in a more limited context (Matthew 25:40, James 2:17-18, D&C 82:3, Mosiah 2:17, Alma 34:32-34, Alma 36:6-7, 3 Nephi 27:27). All this from a quick perusal of my old scripture mastery lists, I'm sure I could find dozens more which address the issue much better if I actually took the time to read through and research it. To say nothing of the missionary effort which is all about bringing the people of the world to know the peace of the gospel.

I suppose I should go have a chat with my neighbor whom I bought my motorcycle from. He's an LDS member and very active in wilderness and wildlife conservation efforts. I'm sure once it's explained to him, however, he'll understand that such worldly endeavors are unfit for Latter-Day Saints. More likely he'll laugh me out of his house and tell me to stop toking whatever drugs I'm on.

Stories like this make me thankful and jealous at the same time. I'm still on good terms with pretty well everyone in my ward, despite that I haven't been to church in three years and have requested that my name be removed from their membership records. While I'm glad it's worked out positively, I can't help but wish there were at least two or three whom I could really take to terms on their ignorance of LDS doctrine.

Sorry for the rambling. It's nice to have someone else around who knows the ropes of the Mormon religion, and I tend to get carried away sometimes.

(Fuck it - I wanted to post a pic of my car's hind side, but somehow the site won't let me upload it)

Anyway, I offer bumper stickers of Thor's hammer Mjolnir and of Odin's ravens Hugin and Munin playing with a certain fish... :pureevil:

Well, I don't think I have the Mjolnir one, but I do remember the other one you talked about.

Nordkraft.jpg

Look familiar? :wicked:

Well, I don't think I have the Mjolnir one, but I do remember the other one you talked about.

Look familiar? :wicked:

That's it, thanks a lot :)