Goodbye Jesus

Unitarian Universalist Association

Heathen Heather

Glad to hear you had a good time. I think the UU church could be a great compromise for people who are 'unequally yoked' with a relatively open-minded Christian.

I'm tempted to go to one, but there's only one in this area and it's an hour away. Not worth it.

Guest Valk0010

I'm tempted to go to one, but there's only one in this area and it's an hour away. Not worth it.

I am in a similar boat. I would go to the one here, except in the podunk ass place I live, the busses don't run on sunday.

I am in a similar boat. I would go to the one here, except in the podunk ass place I live, the busses don't run on sunday.

Not that I would reccomend going to any sort of worship service AT ALL....but if you seriously wanted to go I'm sure you could call the minister (crook) or whatever they have and see about getting a ride with one of the congregation.

Guest Valk0010

Not that I would reccomend going to any sort of worship service AT ALL....but if you seriously wanted to go I'm sure you could call the minister (crook) or whatever they have and see about getting a ride with one of the congregation.

That deserves only this in response

:lmao:

or maybe

:P

:woohoo: :woohoo:

The podunk ass place I live in doesn't even have buses.

Guest Valk0010

You win on podunkness(is that even a word) :shrug:

I could drive, but that means waking up and fighting tourists first thing in the morning. It's easier to sleep in and hope God smites them all.

Guest Valk0010

I could drive, but that means waking up and fighting tourists first thing in the morning. It's easier to sleep in and hope God smites them all.

heh damn right

I'm going to a UU church service for the first time tomorrow. they've asked me to sing a showtune. I've been in there, but only for Gay Pride rallies. It is the church where the guy shot up some congregants 2 yrs ago for being gay-friendly.Unitarian Universalist church shooting

I'd only been there for evening stuff, but I noticed that their sign states times for sunday morning "worship". I asked the keyboardist what exactly it is they worship.

His reply "Each other"

Me: "then why does it have to be early on a sunday morning?"

Him: "tradition".

I feel if you are gonna indulge in traditions, should they only be the pleasant ones? If no supreme being is up their wanting us to keep the sabbath holy, what's the point of getting up and ruining a perfectly good sleep in? I'm gonna have to be up at 6 am in order to be able to sing that early.

• 4 weeks later...

• DISPOSITION (noun)

The noun DISPOSITION has 4 senses:

1. your usual mood

2. the act or means of getting rid of something

3. an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others

4. a natural or acquired habit or characteristic tendency in a person or thing

Familiarity information: DISPOSITION used as a noun is uncommon.

I guess one can be a real ass and still be welcome! Honestly, I don't know.

I think that's it. Freedom to be an ass in church - an inalienable God given right!

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Unitarian Universalist Association, and if so, what can you tell us about it?

And if you do have experience with the UUA...Did you leave it when you became an ex-Christian? Or perhaps, did you join it when you became an ex-Christian?

I liked the UU Church. I joined it for a while after leaving Christianity. They had a CUUPS (Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans) group that I enjoyed. During a period of time when I moved around a bit I ended up trying about 6 different UU churches in 3 different states.

I agree with what some of the other people have said in that I got tired of its "churchy"-ness. I'm not fond of Sunday morning services or singing hymns. I did like the sermons and other things that they did, though. I especially liked their specialty programs (like CUUPS) which met at other times. If it had been structured differently and/or done at night I might have stayed.

Every once in a while I'll attend a UU service locally, but I don't do that very often anymore. Maybe a few times a year, on average. I don't like the asking for money stuff but they do have a building and various (good, worthwhile) programs to fund.

• 1 month later...

A church is a church.

I have this really cool church in my backyard. I go there every morning. I talk to the birds...the trees...the grasshoppers...the mosquito hawks...and my own personal H.P. who doesn't judge me in any way, shape or form.

Here's a pic I took of my church...

rainbow-1.jpg