Goodbye Jesus

New kitten! Need help!

pandora

LOL I haven't seen you around, or at least I didn't notice. I haven't thought of Space Balls in years! Thanks for the laugh. :D

I don't know about Petrushka... sounds like a Russian ballet. LOL

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

the kitten is probably scared being in a new environment so she may not play much until she is more used to her surroundings. When she is awake does she have trouble keeping her eyes open, does she shake and or have a hard time getting around? You should take her to a vet for a general examination anyway to make sure she is in good health, you don't want to get attached to her and then have her die of a preventable disease or anything like that.

I like Miss Lucky Mew Mew for a name, call her Missy or something for short.

the kitten is probably scared being in a new environment so she may not play much until she is more used to her surroundings.  When she is awake does she have trouble keeping her eyes open, does she shake and or have a hard time getting around?  You should take her to a vet for a general examination anyway to make sure she is in good health, you don't want to get attached to her and then have her die of a preventable disease or anything like that.

I like Miss Lucky Mew Mew for a name, call her Missy or something for short.

She is very wide-eyed. She has a perpetually surprised look on her face. LOL

She is kinda clumsy and her legs shake a little when she walks, I just assumed it is because she is so young. Her hind legs splay a bit, but she can walk upright.

She goes to the vet next week. I am so worried that since she was "free" and partially an outdoor cat that she will have FIV or leukemia or heartworm....

LOL I haven't seen you around, or at least I didn't notice.  I haven't thought of Space Balls in years!  Thanks for the laugh.  :D

I don't know about Petrushka... sounds like a Russian ballet.  LOL

Hehe you're welcome!

Yeah I'm more of a lurker than a poster, most of my posts are to the Let's tell a story thread... hehe.

I remembered petrushka from a song I used to sing in primary school about a sad little russian girl. I thought it could be fitting to a kitten who just lost its mother. :shrug: Anyways it's a cute name!

Cya around :grin:

DH

Guest Challenger
(pandora,Oct 6 2005, 12:05 AM)

Hmm... nothing seems perfect yet....  hubby is pushing for Siren.  I want a mouse name because her face is sooo mouselike.  She even rubs her mouth like a mouse while she stand on her hind legs.  (You can't really tell from the pic though.)

Call her "Mouser".

My cats name is, mouse.

FUnny but fitting.

does she eat and drink much?

Yep. Mixture of KMR Second Step and soft kitten food. She won't try plain water though. She has an appointment tomorrow. I don't look forward to the cost... :>P

She is finally pooping solidly.

It's pathetic how obsessed I get with my pets.... I can't imagine how I would be with children. Good thing I don't want kids.

Oh... still can't decide on a name... hubby is getting pretty insistent with "Siren" but it isn't cutesy enough for a kitten, IMO.

It usually takes me a month or so to name a pet... LOL

My husband suggests we name her officially "Siren" and then "Wren" for short.  He likes Siren because she meowed all the way home like a siren and she also stole his heart because she was so beautiful (ok, cute... same diff). 

Whaddyall think?

Siren...I like it. cute name for a cat. wren for short is cool too.

may I suggest the name Mage?

(I awlays advise people to name their pet that. havent suceeded so far but will keep trying)

Mage? How do you pronounce it? I wouldn't want to start calling her Mange by accident! LOL You damn mangy cat....

Is it Maje? Maggie? Maygie?

"Sex"

As in "What another fracking CAT?"

Calling for "Sex" could lead to some cool convos with neighbors and the mailman...

kL

Mage?  How do you pronounce it?  I wouldn't want to start calling her Mange by accident!  LOL  You damn mangy cat....

Is it Maje?  Maggie?  Maygie?

I would think it'd be the "mage" that's the synonym for magician or sorcerer... (long "a" sound, silent e)

As for a name... "Lucky" would be good, or maybe "Serena"?

How about Spock? That would be logical. ;)

Or Schroedinger? That way, it'll always be Schroedinger's cat, and you can say it escaped out of the box. :HaHa:

God... I want a kitten so badly right now.

But I can't because I'm stuck working at this boring job at the inn where I also live at :(

Yep.  Mixture of KMR Second Step and soft kitten food.  She won't try plain water though.  She has an appointment tomorrow.  I don't look forward to the cost... :>P

She is finally pooping solidly. 

It's pathetic how obsessed I get with my pets....  I can't imagine how I would be with children.  Good thing I don't want kids.

sounds like she's healthy then, I can't think of a good kitten name but i really don't like siren or wren.

maybe Attack Kitten of Death?

I would think it'd be the "mage" that's the synonym for magician or sorcerer... (long "a" sound, silent e)

yes, thats the pronounciation I was thinking of (sorry bout the mix up).

oh, sudden inspiration...how about Darwin? or galileo? or Copernicus, or Giordano Bruno? those are my favorite heretic scientists.

Ohhhh, she's lovely. :wub:

I'm inclined to name pets after lofty literary or mythological characters - my wiener dog is Ophelia Rattesbane. ;)

So I thought about Bast for a name. Bast was the Egyptian cat goddess. Protectrix of cats, women, and children. Mafdet was another, earlier cat goddess. Sashti was a Hindu equivalent to Bast.

Or maybe Freya. Freya was the Norse goddess of feminine love and beauty, and her chariot was drawn by two cats.

She's such a lovely little kitty, I'd probably pick Freya. :wub:

I'd probably pick Bast, since she has the typical coloration - brown "spotted" tabby, looks like - of the "original" domesticated cats of Egypt (as well as the coloration of their closest relative and the animal they are all descended from, the African Wildcat)

*must resist urge to coo and fawn over the pretty baby* :grin: