Goodbye Jesus

WHY WAS I NOT HEALED?

spirit1st

In the Didache (teaching) of the twelve apostles, we have this:

3:16 The accidents that befall thee, thou shalt receive as good, knowing that nothing is done without God.

Saying that God is worried about our spirits, and that accidents or illness or other tragedies are used to develop our character is a typical chrisitan copout. It is tantamount to admitting that "God" is powerless or unwilling to help his children in this life. It is rationalization at it's worst. Your child gets leukemia? God is testing you. Your wife dies in a plane crash? God will use it to deepen your character.

Phony. No, I mean: PHONY.

God's children get no breaks in this life. God intervenes in nothing in this life.

He is either impotent, and it saddens him too when tragedies befall christians.

Or, he is a monster (much like a parent, who would knowingly let their three year old play in traffic - just so they could learn from the experience)..

Or, God is a figment of the imaginations of men.

Goodbye Jesus
Or, God is a figment of the imaginations of men.

It's either that, or else the deist version where he created everything and then took an infinitely long nap on a really comfy sofa with the TV playing a sports game in the background.

What about suffering that leads to deconversion?  What about the sickness that leads, not to humbleness or faith, but loss of faith?  Does God's plan backfire there?  Did he make a little oopsie?

Exactly my question. But the answer I've got is "well, it was your choice". WFT?

It will go from God test us, but we will prevail because God doesn't test us above our ability.

If we then lose faith because of the test, it is our fault.

How can that be? God wouldn't test us above our faith, so we shouldn't be able to lose faith from the test. Right?

It's just as stupid as God only heals when it's his will.

Bob gets injured, he's quadrapledgic and has to be taken care of - God might answer prayer and heal him

Bob stays quad for the rest of his life - It wasn't God's will to heal Bob, but Bob could bless others with his positive attitude

Bob dies prematurely, without healing, and could never enjoy life fully - It was God's plan to take Bob early because of his pain.

Huh? First God gives injuries, and pain, and then kills him because of saving him from the pain?

God is just an excuse not to deal with the reality of pain and sorrow. It's the emotional crutch to avoid the responsibility to accept the situation for what it is, and move on. Just excuses!

If god had wanted me to believe in him, he could have easily accomplished that by answering any prayers I offered up to him about retaining my faith.  Instead, Jow Blow gets to proudly testify that god sent an angel to give him the miracle of the gas tank not running empty or finding twenty bucks or passing a spelling test.  And I got abandoned.

I hear ya'.

If that's the Almighty's idea of a great plan to look after my spirit, he must not be very intelligent.  Or very kind.

Yup. Unfortunately a concept Christians can't comprehend.

Saying that God is worried about our spirits, and that accidents or illness or other tragedies are used to develop our character is a typical chrisitan copout.  It is tantamount to admitting that "God" is powerless or unwilling to help his children in this life.  It is rationalization at it's worst.  Your child gets leukemia?  God is testing you.  Your wife dies in a plane crash?  God will use it to deepen your character.

Phony.  No, I mean:  PHONY.

God's children get no breaks in this life.  God intervenes in nothing in this life.

God's will: the random chance of events in a chaotic world, without purpose or intent.

God hurts you to test you.

God gives you lifelong pain, to make you a witness.

God kills you to take away the pain, that he caused.