Goodbye Jesus

Evidence For Christianity

edwardianbeauty

:Wendywhatever:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
If God made us, then aren't our sins God's fault?

God gave us free will, and we used our free will to disobey God. We could only call our sins God's fault if we did NOT have free will. The only way God could have made us not to sin would have been to not allow us free will. And would you have preferred to have been made as a mindless robot, programmed to do only what God wanted you to do, incapable of thinking for yourself?

This is the typical logic used by Christians. I used it myself, so I know of what I speak. The problem here is that when the God you worship is supposedly omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, where is there room for free will anyway. Show me where in the bible it says that God values free will? Paul would actually argue that god did not give us free will. In Romans 9:19-21 he states:

One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

An all powerful God, who can do anything, should be able to create a universe in which humanity has free will (provided he really cares about that anyway) and does not sin. Isn't this what heaven is supposed to be like anyway? I'm sorry, the Christians logic on this is short sighted and weak. The only way they can reconcile this apparent attrocity is to do what Paul did. They tell us we can't ask God those questions. They try to put the blame back on humanity. I don't buy it.

I say until there is a response from the OP....let the thread die.:die:

I say until there is a response from the OP....let the thread die.:die:

fucking trolls :ugh:

Guest I Love Dog

4. Why does the Bible contain accurate medical information?

Try the "accurate" cure for leprosy:

Leviticus 14:4-9

Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water: As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water: And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

:HaHa:

Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water: As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water: And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

Priceless! :HaHa:

It sounds like it was taken straight out of Harry Potter. :magic:

Priceless! :HaHa:

It sounds like it was taken straight out of Harry Potter. :magic:

Haha, that's hilarious!

J.K. Rowling is far more imaginative than that though... And anyways, does the Bible have Emma Watson? I rest my case. wicked.gif

I am a Christian and I want to say something. I don't know why you are not Christians anymore and why some of you even seem hostile towards Christianity :blah::blah::blah::banghead:

About the anger - when I first came out of Christianity, I was pissed at preachers, Christians and especially bible god. The more my mind got free, the more I realized how I had wasted so much of my life....

That was just for a time, and I guess a process that I had to go through. I'm not angry anymore. I realize that I was complicit in my being deceived and controlled, so whatever. I love me very much and what's the use of being mad? I just wish I would have listened to my gut earlier. You know, to ask those really hard questions and go looking for answers myself. Huge lesson learned and I am still alive to continue this life and learn more and more and more....

About the anger - when I first came out of Christianity, I was pissed at preachers, Christians and especially bible god. The more my mind got free, the more I realized how I had wasted so much of my life....

That was just for a time, and I guess a process that I had to go through. I'm not angry anymore. I realize that I was complicit in my being deceived and controlled, so whatever. I love me very much and what's the use of being mad? I just wish I would have listened to my gut earlier. You know, to ask those really hard questions and go looking for answers myself. Huge lesson learned and I am still alive to continue this life and learn more and more and more....

and to add to that...it is very annoying to hear Christians preach their trauma based mind control programming. That's all I see it as now.

No such thing as an Ex-Christian ™

True Atheist ™

which just proves how little you know

No such thing as an Ex-Christian

True Atheist

I have moved up to GODHOOD! Nature and I are one!

Oh, and by the way, the new cure for leprosy is identical to the cure for jellyfish stings. *Damn, where's the pissing emoticon?*